Ended
Watch

(1412) Miach, Gyges, and Avis

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Being able or willing to offer help isn't the only important thing. It's being able to accept it when it's offered, too," the Councilor replied flatly. She stared at Miach for a second or two longer and then her shoulders rose and fell in a graceless shrug. She turned away, offering a last, "Good luck with that, then," before she fixed her eyes on the Apostate.

"Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, Gyges. If you ever find yourself in need of help, then my line is open. Hopefully you won't need to, but the offer is there."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"Of course Councilor. If the Sentinels need another Will to help with Warding rituals for the Consilium, don't hesitate to give them my number." Just like how Miach contacted the Mastigos Councilor for help with them, it would make sense for the Sentinels, even if one was a Warlock, to work with her when the topic was Wards.

"Did you have any other questions, Doctor?" Gyges asked, looking back towards Miach. You never can tell with some people and even if the gathering seemed to be winding down, he didn't want to walk off if there was more that the client wanted to know. That's how you get bad reviews.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post

Miach

PRE

Miach looked a second longer at Avis than he should probably have. Had he been overly rude ? Careful surely, but to the point of rudeness ? He hoped not. Beside, her message worked both ways. "You are correct indeed, and I will thus both thank you again, as well as reiterate my offer." With a nod toward Gyges, he included the man in his offer. "If I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate."

Pausing for an eyeblink to think whether he had any other questions, he shook his head. "I don't. You've been most thorough, thank you very much. Here, please take my card." he said, offering a thin white card with a silver caduceus on one side, and a flourished M. with a number on the other. "I'll gladly take questions too, if you'd like ?" the Enchanter finished, a smile upon his face. Was it not a precept of his Order ? Right Exchange.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges takes the offered card with a skeptical expression. He hrmmmms as he checks both sides. If Gyges was not working as a consultant, he would probably just keep the card and not say anything. It's one thing to worry about someone tagging you on the street without you knowing, it's another thing entirely to hand them out to magi. "Miach. If you're truly worried about sympathy being used against you, I would advise that you stop passing out cards that you keep on hand. At least until you can make sure they're clean." He memorizes the number and then hands it back to it's owner.

"As for questions, the evening seems to be winding down. Maybe you can fill me in on what you do at a later gathering?" He had seen the caduceus symbol and he knew Miach was a Doctor, so his assumption probably wasn't too far from the truth.

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I won't, Dr. Miach," Avis replied to the tall man. "I'm of the same mind as Gyges, though. More questions'll have to be for another time. Both of you take care, now." An inclination of her head was given to both Magi before she turned an walked away.

Avis exits the conversation thread.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Miach

PRE

Miach's eyes widened as his mistake was kindly pointed out to him. "Uh-oh... Yes, right. Thank you again." he said, feeling foolish once again. But better now than too late.

Looking around, he noticed that Gyges was indeed pointing out the truth. Things were slowing down. "It will be my pleasure, of course." the tall Acanthus replied amicably, including the Warlock Councilor in the reply.

"Please take care too." he said to Avis as she left, and then with a nod to the other Mastigos, extended the courtesy to him as well.

"With your leave, then..." he finished, before turning toward the exit as well.

Unless stopped, Miach will leave the Scene. Thank you both !

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread