Watch

Finding our home in the hedge.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    W
    Will

Vassagon

Philliph liked gregory, maybe it was just him being way to thrusting towards people. But he liked hanging around the guy. They both were refuse, they both lived on the streets and knew how hard it was to live and thrive there. Neither of them wanted to be there, but without any id they couldn't get any job. And mooching off anybody else didn't really feel good if you did it for anything else then food.

So he was just waiting on gregory to show up for today. He knew that he would come here, he always met him here around this hour. He had a plan, he always heard of some of his fellows carving out a small home away from home in the hedge. Why didn't the both of them give that a try, They would have two sets of eyes, ears and his nose to help them keep out of trouble and find something. It was pretty much rent free housing. He didn't mind sleeping in cardboard boxes, but he would like a place to call his own.

So he was waiting for the gargoyle to show up.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

And show up he does.

Gregory prefers to sleep during the day as of late, warming himself on rooftops in the midday sun and keeping his body moving in the chill of night. The Gargoyle still wears the fingerless gloves and scarf he'd been given by the shelter. His brown suit has seen better days.

Spotting Philliph, Gregory meanders down the alley towards his Beast companion, smiling a grin that is difficult to distinguish between friendly or menacing.

"Good day, friend, Philliph," he says before betraying a yawn. "Already on the move, be ye?"

W
    Will

Philliph shows of his own set of large chompers as he returns the grin with a smile one of his own. "Good day to you as well gregory. Haven't been on the move yet. was waiting on ye to ask something." The beast admitted.

he looked around and didn't see anybody else then just the two of them in the place. "How about we go into the hedge?" He abruptly asked. "I mean, we are friends and neither of us really likes sleeping out in the cold right? Why not carve out our own rent free place out in the hedge? With the two of us it shouldn't be that risky if we keep our eyes and ears open." The beast explained himself.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Gregory's eyes bulge a bit at the suggestion, his head tilting to regard Philliph as if to gauge how serious the Beast is.

"The Hedge? Never have I heard it described as less risky than the streets of the mundane," he says, pausing and blinking as his eyes dart about randomly.

"Though..." he adds, pausing again in hesitation. "There be crack downs on the homeless as of late. The unwanted vagrants are no friend to the public eye..." He rubs his chin with a lean finger, his mouth twisting as he explores this idea. "It would be nice to be able to have a place to go should we ever have some other need to go there. And between us both we may be able to find our way around without attracting undue attention."

He waves his hands dismissively as if clearing his head of the many thoughts that have piled up. "But to go together, you and I, be you suggesting we form a Motley? You think me well enough for that?" Gregory seems surprised by the idea, though the Gargoyle did recognize their similarities in experience and personality. They got on well and watched out for each other even there on the streets.

W
    Will

Philliph didn't know that gregory's eyes could bulge out like that. But Philliph kept his face serious. This wasn't a joke. He just let the man go through his own reasons.

"I know it sounds slightly risky. But I think there are upsides to having a place in the hedge. Especially if you're carefull about it. A roof over our heads. A place that's hidden from the mundane and that the supernatural don't know about." that's pretty much what he wanted to carve out in the hedge. A place they could hide from the world and just shake the grime of the world out of his fur.

"I'm just asking though." If greg didn't want to do it. That was fine by him. the streets would have to suffice then.

As gregory asked him about forming a motely he cocked his head a bit. "A motely, looking after each other and watching each other's back. Isn't that pretty much what we already have been doing?" Philliph honestly asked. Not seeing a problem there. "You're a good guy, I trust you to watch my back." he said that without a trace of hesitation.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"I guess you be right," says Gregory slowly, a smile creeping back into his expression. He places a stony hand on Philliph's shoulder reassuringly. "Then that be what we be. And we will try this excursion that you suggest. But we must tread carefully, as you know. The Hedge be alive in its own way, and it will react to us. Now then..."

Gregory looks around their surroundings, spying a dumpster, a manhole out in the street, and a heavy door that marked a store's back alley exit, marking potential entries into that cursed place. "We'll have to be careful in our use of Glamour and Contracts," he says in a lower more serious tone. "And move silently and speak sparingly if we can. Let us form a plan to start and know each other's strengths. My ties are with Darkness, though I've some Elements of Stone bound to service. My skills are staying hidden and traversing high terrain. What of yours?"

W
    Will

Philliph nodded in agreement as gregory warned of the dangers of the hedge and started explaining his own strenghts. He didn't mind the hand on his shoulder one bit and just like gregory intended, it felt reassuring. Like whatever he had said wasn't just one sided.

"All handy. Me, I've got some contracts with cats. Senses and speaking with em. I also have some things that keeps shelter safe and makes us run easier through wild places, no clue if it works in there though." He admitted.
    "Otherwise, I'm good at surviving in the wilds. Tracking, navigating, I can do it pretty well. I can hide as well. Find shelter easily. I lived in the wilds for a long time."

He considered each of the entrances gregory was considering. The manhole was right out. They went underground here they probably would go underground in the hedge and greg liked high terrain. So that lead through the dumpster and the store.. The dumpster probably was the better idea, the store door might be locked and if anybody walked through after them they might just end up in the hedge. He didn't want that on his conscience. No matter how small the chance was.

"The dumpster sound good for ya?"

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"Hmm, cats you say? Well those all seem like fine skills to have in the Hedge. I've no tools or possessions to take with me so we might as well try now. It's been some time since I returned there, but a dumpster be as good as any door. Hopefully it does lead somewhere of milder stench."

Gregory walks over to the metal container, looking around one last time and closing the large plastic lid. He wraps on it with his knuckles and says aloud while concentrating, "I wish to be granted entry." The Glamour within him reverberates as a gateway opens. When he opens the lid next a different air seems to issue forth from the dumpster, somehow thicker and more humid.

With a quick and knowing glance to Philliph he says, "Once we lose sight of civilization, it'll be difficult to get back. We may try to reach Betony Rue's on that side since I've been there twice before, or perhaps we'll find another way. Remember to stick to the path if there be one." And with that Gregory takes hold of the dumpster's edge and hops into the thing.

-1 Glamour

The Hedge itself is hazy, thick with branches above where some light of the world shows through. The ground is hard dirt, grass, and shrubbery that flourishes. The dumpster's portal seems to be positioned on the side of a hill's outcropping. Roots tangle around it making a frame. The roots seem to belong to many wide trees around the area, like an expansive forest with vines and moss entangling the knotted bark.

9. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    W
    Will

Philliph looked around for any mortal's or other nosy people before he invoked the second clause of the contract of fang and talon. The hedge deserved that kind of caution.

-2 glamour

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-31 14:31:54 philliph rolls 6 to activates Fang and talon 2 (10 Again) 9, 6, 3, 10, 2, 3, 4 2 successes

the scents and sounds of the world sharpened as the contract took effect and he entered the dumpster. When he arrived in the hedge, the fact the light was faint didn't bother him. His eyes could see easily through it. He took a quick look around the hedge. trees lined the small hill they were standing on. With the forest stretching on and on for what seemed to be forever. He did see vines covered with sharp brambles start to curl around and through some of the tree's in the distance though.

He walked towards one of the tree's. "Lets get a birds eye vieuw of the place. You liked something high up didn't ya? we might be able to see high tree's or something of the sorth if we get above the leaves."

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"Hmm, that I do," says Gregory slowly and quietly. "But be quiet and be mindful," cautions Gregory again.

Gregory looks about their surroundings with a scrutinizing stare. The haze of the thick air concerns him greatly as he cannot see much of anything beyond their general area. Following Philliph and keeping sight of him gives him some comfort before they both stop at the base of a large tree. He looks to Philliph and nods before setting himself to the task of climbing the knotted bark. With easy handholds and a practiced technique, Gregory scales the tree in no time at all, hoping from branch to branch along the towering wood.

With greater height now he looks across the open air and sees the vast expanse of the forest of which they traverse. Indeed it is a fantastic sight, though also a foreboding one. From here he can also see the dismal sight of the Thorns as they reach like outstretched hands towards them.

Rolls
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-31 15:28:39 Gregory rolls 6 to climb the Hedge tree [STR+Ath] (10 Again) 10, 10, 5, 3, 7, 8, 6, 8 4 successes
    2015-01-31 15:26:18 Gregory rolls 6 to perceive his surroundings within the Hedge [WIT+COM] (10 Again) 6, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1 failure

(apologies for this horrendous photoshopping)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.