Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
(1412) Star & Jono

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jonokuchi

PRE

"I believe it will be with her sister," Jonokuchi finally replied after what seemed like an eternity of silence, thinking about what Star had informed him. "And her boyfriend. Ermac. I have yet to meet him."

"I was going to take a sponge cake. Traditional Japanese delicacy."

In all honesty, this was out of the Sentinel's league. He rarely done this much socializing, especially to family events. Star seemed to be far more experienced.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, Ermace is a thing, too? That worked out?"

He put his hand out for a fist bump. Tap it. Right there. That's how that works. That was just stellar news. Everyone getting their swerve on. Seriously, congrats. From one swerve-er to another. Shhhh, that's a secret, though. Big boy can keep his a secret, too.

Look at them.

Seriously, yo. No one needs details on how that happens. This isn't True Facts About Peppokuchi.

"Sounds like you got it made, too,"
    he added with a sage nod. A finger scratched at his chin stubble.

"I mean, ErMace, like, I know Ermac, and he likes karaoke, and Mace said something about liking robots. Seriously, you won. Robots and karoake? Don't all sumos like robots and karaoke? And math, too. Like, Robots, karaoke, and math are the trifecta. You've got all kinds of conversation material. Like, I totally wonder if Ermac or Mace are in to sumo, too?" A finger wagged. "Wait, don't ask. Someone might get the wrong idea, you know, if you wanted to, like, wrestle with either of them just because they like math."

He shrugged. Robots. Karaoke. Merry Christmas, yo.

"And, did you say sponge cake? Come on, man. It's Christmas, not a baby shower. Unless it is, but, whatever, that's your business. Just sayin', take that other traditional Japanese delicacy."

A hand cupped and upturned.

"Sake."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Sirith, Forn Clakes liked this post

Ah. Fistbump. He had seen Asp do this several times.

The large hand closed into a fist and tapped Star's own.

A small smile appeared.

"Sponge cake is traditional on Christmas Eve. It's like...Valentine's Day."

"Sake is good too."

There. A joke. Very, very, very poor effort.

Still, it showed trust.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Boomp. Fist: Bumped.

All right then. Tradition? Fruit cake was tradition, but no one ever got it. Or ate it. Then again, sponge cake was a little bit different. Not as good as angel food cake, but still. He could be biased about the whole angel food thing.

"Well, let your egg whites warm up to room temperature, then. They get a little more volume when you beat them,"
    he offered, one arm cupping into a bowl and his other hand whisking at imaginary batter.

"Nobody likes limp sponge cake."

Fingers flicked out at the mages moving to and fro. Eyes picked out listless propeller, but he didn't linger or crack a smile.

"So, like, is this your first Sentinel gig? I saw you at that thing, you know, with Striker. Props for that, by the way. How is he? I see him and Faye hanging out. Do you guys ever double date? Or, wait, that would be like a triple, with Ermac and Mace. That's a lot. Do you all fit in one car? And, like, if you do, do you do..."

Well, wait.

"Uh. Fire Drills. Do you do Fire Drills? You now, at lights or stop signs."
    - Roald Dahl

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well. So. Yeah."

The mop bobbed.

"So, like, it was cool meeting you. Tell Pepper I said 'Hi'."

They didn't need to shake, they'd had a fist bump. It was also pretty apparent everyone was super busy, and he'd gotten his Human Interaction Fix. And Felix might be peeing in his room. Or something.

He waved. "Catch you around! Good luck with the holiday thing!"

The door wasn't far. One, two back steps and he was in the wind again.

48 Hours plus Consilium winding down plus Scene Limit crunch!
    - Roald Dahl

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi watched as Star left, still bewildered at what had taken place. The sumo had rarely met anyone who could talk so quickly.

Actually, after he was left alone once more, Jonokuchi wondered if he had given away more information than he liked.

A heavy, deep sigh.

Cheers, man. Sorry about the delays and stuff

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread