Ended
Watch

Tree House Morning.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Sasha

The next morning in the house of Nutkins, L’aire awoke. Disorientated didn’t begin to describe her feeling as she looked around. However, it didn’t take long to remember all the wine from last night. It was still a little dark out, but the Onyx padded through the tree house to find the hallway and eventually found the bathroom.

After a priority was taken care of, L’aire ever so gently opened a closet as quietly as possible. Unfortunately, just towels, but she took a hand towel as per necessary. Then, just as quiet, she opened another cabinet where she thought something may be. It wasn’t there. Then another, and finally, she found the mouthwash. Oh thank god. L’aire felt a little weird for snooping, but its not like she was prepared for this. The Fairest looked to see if there were any disposable cups, but most people didn’t have that sort of thing. She sighed and looked at the bottle. Leaving her with no options, she poured a bit in her hand then quickly scooped it into her mouth. She swished and started remembering what she’d rattled on about last night.

Oh crap, the IceLaw thing. No wait, Terri didn’t ask questions. Oh whew.

Spitting, she attempted to wash her hands. The hand soap didn’t really cut the smell of mint. She then splashed water on her face, now, also minty fresh. Damn it. Hanging the towel on the bar. She eeked open the door again and went back to the kitchen.

L’aire looked around for a coffee pot. Nothing in sight. Slowly and carefully, she peeked a little in a few lower cupboards. Then stopped abruptly, again feeling like she was snooping. Opting for at least water, maybe that would help the weird feeling she had. And the slight pounding of her head. Once again, she had to look through the upper cupboards, finally finding the glasses but when she released the cupboard door it accidentally slammed.

“Ack!” She whispered to herself. L’aire went to the tap and slowly turned on the cold water for a gentle trickle. The Dancer chugged water before. Having finished the glass, she went for another then took it with her to look out the window toward the Hedge. She really hoped she had been quiet up until that point, but her perception was askew from partially being hung-over. But hey, she was minty fresh not all was bad.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Not long after L'aire had settled by the window, the main door to the world opened and Terri came through wearing black jogging pants and a red hoody. A pair of Beats headphones dangled from her black t-shirt, her red hair tied back in a tight ponytail, and she was slightly flushed from her jog. In her hand were three large takeaway coffee cups.

"Good morning!" she grinned, spotting the Fairest and leaving one of the cups in the holder. She carried two of the cups over, settling down on one of the couches. "I've got white hot chocolate or cinnamon latte? Any preference?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L

And not long after that the main door to the Hedge swings briefly open as the Hollow's other permanent occupant returns. He looks a bit fatigued, perhaps, as one would expect from someone who'd apparently spent a night out amongst the thorns. And a bit disheveled as well, as if he'd actually moved through the thorns themselves instead of merely sticking to the paths.

Fortunately for L'aire and her hangover, he does enter quietly just in case Terri was uncharacteristically late in taking her morning run.

Catching the scent of coffee he made his way towards the kitchen, halting briefly in surprise at the threshold as he noticed their guest. "Oh, hello. I...was not expecting a guest."

S
    Sasha

L’aire was startled. “Oh, oh hello. Uh god I hope I didn’t wake you.” Then, a slow realization that Terri was wearing a hoody seeped in. She shook her head, clearly still slightly disorientated.

“White hot chocolate sounds good.” She shrugged with a grin. “I was looking for coffee for a minute, but didn’t want to be a snoop.”

And then, as if she forgot that Rick lived there, her eyes widened like the winds of his Mantle knocked her about. “Uh hi… sorry. Uh I didn’t expect to be one… but, there was…. wine.” L’aire said, almost in shame.

The Dancer probably felt as bad as Rick looked; fatigued and disheveled. “Um… I borrowed whoever’s mouthwash was in the bathroom. I didn’t drink out of it though.” Both shoulders moved toward her neck, apologetic. “Sorry about that.”

All of which would explain why she smelled like she was dipped in mint extract. The Elemental's stormy eyes made her wonder if she should skip the hot drink and book out of there. But, she assumed Terri would have gave her a hint, or said something.... and not offer her the beverage.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Passing over the chocolate drink, Terri removed the lid of her latte and blew across the surface, smiling. "Yeah, I don't make good coffee," she chirped. "I find it easier to just buy some."

"Morning," Terri greeted her ex-husband with a grin, always glad when his Mantle was around, which was quite weird really. Turning her head, Terri paused as she took in his dishevelled appearance, her face taking on a more concerned look. "You okay?"

Despite everything, the Legate really wouldn't wish any harm to befall the man she once swore herself to.

"Oh, don't worry about it," Terri replied, looking back towards L'aire, waving her hand. "Actually, I was wondering where that minty fresh fragrance was coming from," she laughed, beaming. "How's your head? Hangover's are awful."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

L

The Elemental can't quite help but chuckle a bit at the mention of wine. "Ahh...alcohol, funny how many things that ends up explaining. You look like you're still feeling it, too." The storminess of his eyes and mantle, apparently, did not extend to his demeanor.

"Hmm?" He takes note of the concern on Terri's face, waving it away. "Yeah, fine. I was just out checking up on the wards tuned to come into effect at night. Had to go through the thorns a bit to get to them." There weren't many that expected Changelings to stray from the paths when setting up their defenses. "It's more toilsome and tiring than dangerous." He removes his jacket as he speaks, no longer needing it in the warmth of the Hollow. And it's draped over the back of a chair, along with the kevlar vest beneath it. Getting that weight of his shoulders always felt wonderful. "I was prepared just in case, though."

He rolls a shoulder, working a kink out of his back as he sinks down into one of the chairs. And eyes the third cup, "Is that one for me?"

S
    Sasha

The Fairest took up the cup, smelled it and smiled before taking a sip. “Well, they have those single shot dealy machines now.” Chuckling for the passing comment.

Apparently this look was not always Rick’s morning look. But, when he answered, it was quickly explained. Remembering what the Airtouched explained at the bonfire, her brows furrowed in confusion slightly. The Onyx thought that maybe he could have shaped them to clear a path. “That thing you taught at the bonfire, you can’t use it for making paths?” Breathing in, and holding her breath, she wondered if they didn’t ‘talk shop’ at home. If that had that rule or any of that sort of thing in the house.

L’aire felt her cheeks get rosy. Great, I must completely look like crap. For a brief moment, the Fairest felt like she was at the house of someone’s parents. “Oh no, I don’t feel awkward.” Frozen by a misspoken word. “Awful! I mean I don’t feel awful.”

Gah!

Description

PRE

"Maybe it's something we need to get," Terri chuckled, glancing towards Rick. Well, Christmas was coming. She still needed to purchase his gift. A few years ago, it would have been easy. These days? Well, so much water had passed under that bridge.

When Rick explained, Terri simply raised her eyebrows, understanding what he was talking about, although at L'aire's question, the Beast couldn't help but be impressed. It seemed that the Fairest had picked up on the Ranger's teachings, remaining quiet and sipping at her warm drink during the conversation.

"It is indeed," Terri replied to Rick as he indicated the third drink, offering a smile.

L

"Oh you are wonderful." Because this, of all mornings, was one where he could really use some caffeine. And he's fairly eager to grab his cup and savor his first sip of the liquid. The warmth was welcome too. Sacramento's winters may not have compared to Wisconsin's, but it still got awfully chilly at night.

Small wonder there's a contented sigh as he enjoys his beverage. There's a slight shake of his head, though, at L'aire's question. "You have to be really powerful to block off or create a path with hedge shaping. I've only ever seen one person do it." and that had been a long way from Sacramento. "Besides, I set them up off the path because people don't expect Changelings to do that. No one's likely to go looking for them there. Shaping paths to them all would kinda defeat the purpose."

S
    Sasha

L’aire’s eyes shifted from Terri to Rick, Terri to Rick, Terri to Rick. A smile peeled over her face. It was really cute. Like a couple but not a couple, sort of she had no idea what was going on. But, the Beast said she wasn’t ready. The Onyx wasn’t the type to instigate things like this but maybe she’d have to hang out with them both together more frequently. Maybe it was just really caring friends, and it wouldn’t change from that but…

SHE GOT HIM COFFEE!! L’aire screamed in her head. Okay, maybe Terri was being nice because she was like that. But… it was so cute. L’aire could feel her glow radiating a little unlike a blush. AND SHE SAID WE… Now, the Fairest seemed to be over-reading into the situation.

The silence after Rick answered her question may have gone on longer with her thoughts going the way they did. “Oh. I guess I didn’t know the extent that hedge shaping had. But it makes sense.” Because they’d get followed easier, and the Dancer should have known that. “Who was that one person?”

“Oh, hey, I asked Terri this before. Maybe you know. I kinda want to learn fencing, or maybe some sort of stick fighting. Just in case…” L’aire sighed, it was pointless to not be honest, especially in front of Terri. “Or, be more useful.”

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.