Ended
Watch
31 - 37
DISPLAYED
(SN 2014) Lucy, Morgan, and Rick

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

Technically, the ferret girl supposed she didn't need to hear what Rick had to say to Morgan. It wasn't really meant for her ears. But he said the message was for the entire Freehold, she was right there, and he made no attempts to keep what he was saying hidden, so it probably didn't matter. Although, his words did give her an involuntary shiver that had nothing to do with the bar's temperature. She remembered going to Ava's Hollow, a humble place with an annoyingly narrow entrance. But the place had seemed uniquely Ava, with the books stacked all around it and the small rivulet down the center that matched the smell of still water that accompanied her. She didn't like the thought of some cultish following burning it down for sick kicks.

"Well, it appears that I have some research to do with Morgan being my first resource." Before she continues, she looks at the clock before looking out the door. Night had long since enshrouded them, not helped by the winter solstice ushering it in earlier than in summer. "However, I think that might have to wait til another time. It seems rather late and I actually do have stuff to do tomorrow for a change. Thanks for the help with Courts, though." Giving a nod of her head to each of the Lost around her, she proceeded to leave the Blue Note in to the night.

Tessa leaves scene

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The warning caused the Beast to worry for those that did have Hollows, "G-g-got it Rick. Izza not have one and safe-ish from spreading flames. N-nada sure who hath Hollows b-b-but when give out th-these," she lifts the bag full of stress balls, "To-tonight I'll spread word. Heh, lurk at exit might be best." It made sense to her at any rate.

She waved goodbye to the ferret girl as she left, "Zzzee you later Tessa! We c-c-can talks more, heh." Looking around at the others she smiled, "G-g-guess I should get moving t-too. I, heh, need to distribute t-the warning and make sure everybody has a ball, heh." She didn't sound like she was making a pun, and it was probably an accident.

Morgan exits to the main thread.

L

Aaand then she was off before he even had a chance to say thanks. Never let it be said that she dilly-dallied,he supposed. Not that anyone would be likely to believe it anyway, given how energetic she always was.

Ahh...and it was a misunderstanding. He was getting halfway decent at figuring people out after all. "Don't worry about it, misunderstandings happen. And it's not like there was any harm done."

E
    ErlangShen

Both Beasts had left abruptly. He opened his maw to say good bye, alas too slow.

The situation with Rick was smoothed over. "I am glad to hear that. Thank you." That was all that needed to be said. "I'm impressed with the performances. It's nice to enjoy a break like this."

L

Rick nods in agreement. "Nights like this are the reason we settle into communities and Freeholds, why we struggle to defend them." Sure, there were other ways to try and get by in the mad world they lived in. It was always an option to try to find some out of the way hole, lie low and try to avoid notice of the others completely. Someone of his talents could perhaps even pull it off. But if they did that...there'd be something missing.

"It's part of the opportunity they tried to take away from us, to live our lives."

E
    ErlangShen

"I concur," the Lurker replied. "I remember how scared I was when I escaped. I was fortunate, I was discovered by a Twilit Page." The Darkling nodded as the memory resurfaced. "She was a great friend. True advocate for building and maintaining the Freehold." A passing thought of how she doing was entered his mind.

"Pardon my rambling trip down Memory Lane. So far, it appears whatever nightmare from last year has abated. Hopefully, we can maintain it."

L

"I fear that we may not be so lucky." Rick's tone is perhaps...wistful, as if hoping that such fears were false. "The cult I mentioned has not looked to us yet. And I know precious little about them. But I do have suspicions." His stormy gaze meets the flickering candlelight that comprises Sam's. "A storm is brewing, Sam. I cannot say when or where it will break. But it is coming, Paladin."

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread