Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(1412) Asp, Fluke et al

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Fluke quirked an eyebrow as Einstein began to ask the Arrow to hand her some info. He wasn't sure what she was trying to get out of it, but he figured the woman had her motives. "So...I should inform you about my findings, right?" he said to Asp, since she hadn't responded to his comment about her being one of the Sentinels.

At that moment, the Acanthus felt his unseen senses tingle. The feeling was followed by an unfamiliar voice, introducing itself. "Hello," he offered to the newcomer, a pleasant smile forming across his lips. It wasn't unusual for his unseen senses to tingle when he was in such company, but he couldn't help but be curious as to who had been tossing some magic around. "I am Fluke," he said to the woman, his smile widening slightly. "It's nice to meet ya."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

As Einstein nodded along to Weavebreaker's information, most of which she was already aware of, the spirit-owl on her shoulder stared at the human who could apparently see her, before turning to Einstein, leaning over to talk directly into her ear. <<Just so you are aware, there appears to be another Familiar in the room. Quite nearby, in fact. Curled around the woman who just arrived.>> Einstein jumped a little, looking sidelong at Damascus before nodding and looking back at Weavebreaker. "Ah, yes, I'd been told about most of that. I understand if you don't want to talk about the rest."

She then turned to Damascus. "Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Einstein." She mentally cursed her inability to take a peek at what Parliament could see. She had yet to spend too much attention in that particular area, despite the obvious uses. Her other pursuits had taken up the time she could have spent on it.

E
    Eris

Damascus smiled when the other woman started at the sound of her own familiar’s voice. It seemed that the pair weren’t as used to communicating subtly in public as Mella and herself. If it came down to it the Shaman could just appear thoughtful and lapse into Japanese, in her experience most people would buy the explanation that her mind had wandered, and then compliment her on her English.

So he’s lucky and she’s modest, well I suppose it’s all relative...

Catching sight of a nearby table as the huddle of mages parted to acknowledge her presence, the Thyrsus swiftly drained what was left of her beverage and stepped to the side, to eschew the now empty vessel. She was not going back to a drink she’d let out of her sight, she didn’t know these people, not really.

Damascus turned back to the half of the party who had acknowledged her greeting, the others appearing to be mindful of their own thoughts for now.

Is the blonde in the Santa-hat armed with Mistletoe? She wondered idly.

“So... ”She paused scrabbling for a topic to field without knowing whether she and the pair had a thing in common. She discarded metalwork as too niche and couldn’t really picture the bespectacled woman or the owl clinging to a motorcycle. Well she could actually, and it was amusing as hell, but she couldn't see the brunette driving one. “So, are you new to the city, or have you been here a while?” Good, settle for the mediocre questions people always ask in these scenarios, maybe next she could ask for their views on the weather...

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

There was a subtle chill that ran down her spine when the spell was cast. It caused goosebumps to race across her skin, but she had developed a knack for ignoring that feeling having lived in the midst of a Banisher hotspot for the past couple of years.

"Hello, I am Weavebreaker." She said softly in return to Damascus. "It is a pleasure to meet you. We were just talking about the dangers around the University because of Banishers." Weavebreaker didn't recognize her and figured she was fairly new, which meant she may or may not be aware.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

A
    Asp

"Yes, please." Asp's blonde pony bobbed as she nodded to Fluke, smiling at the handsome, devil-may-care Libertine. "And if things get ugly, don't hesitate to call for help." She pulled out a scrap of paper and wrote her number down on it, offering it to Fluke, then repeated the process and gave it to Einstein. "Einstein, if something happens and you need a Sentinel, or the Adamantine Arrow, call me up. I'll see to it that you're looked after."

Fuck. This was becoming a busy circle. Damascus got a little wave, turning a bit to focus on her.

"Damascus, hi." She offered a hand for a shake. "Sentinel Asp, with the Adamantine Arrow. Pleased to meetcha. Finding your way okay?"

E
    Eris

With atleast one hand now freed from the buffet table’s rich temptations, Damascus stood poised in the event that one of the more taciturn mages attempted to shake her hand; though they only offered their own introductions and “pleased to meet yous” to the pile. The chorus to ‘sympathy for the devil’ resounding in her head, she faced the other women, both of whom loomed over her in a way she’d long since become accustomed to.

“I may have heard something about them being holed up around the University?” The Thyrsus ventured in response to Weavebreaker’s mention of the banisher “problem”.

After a brief period of distraction wherein Mella leant forward to get a better look at the spectral owl, their scaled form obscuring her view; the Shaman returned the Sentinel’s little wave with her free hand and a sincere smile.

“So you’re Sentinel Asp? I mentioned that I knew my way around a weapon and the Herald suggested I speak to you about dispensing violence.” She paused a moment, brow furrowing as she thought back to their earlier discussion. “Or possibly chopping wood; he wasn’t very clear on that point...” She trailed off and glanced back toward Crowley to see him still locked in discussion with Emrys.

Rather him than me...

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker gave a reaffirming nod. "Yes around the University. Please take care to avoid the area for the time being. Just do not want anyone getting into anything they cannot handle. My apologies for the reiteration."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

A
    Asp

"Oh, yeah?" Asp chuckled. So she was the violence dispenser, was she? Her gaze trailed over to Crowley for a moment, amused at the rocker Herald's antics. "You know what, you may have just given me an idea for the next time I've got to hand out extra duties. Wood-chopping. Nice." It built muscle, stamina, and character. "Anyway. Yes, combat is a part of what I do, for sure. Most of my Order, really."

Not every Arrow was a physical combatant, but that didn't mean they didn't all make war in one way or another.

"You looking to volunteer?"

She certainly sounded interested in what Damascus had to say.

E
    Eris

“Right, noted, keep clear of the campus until the Banishers have been... banished.” Damascus patted the pocket wherein lay her notebook, then smiled at the blonde as they made their apology. “Not at all Weavebreaker, I appreciate the concern.”

With Mella no longer obscuring her view she at last spied Asp’s still outstretched hand, and her own dainty digits met the Sentinel's in a firm yet gentle grasp.

“Volunteer? Well there is something kinda Zen about cleaving wood once you find your rhythm, trust me, I’ve had all the practice; but I’m not sure I'm looking for a second job right now.” The Shaman’s smile took on a playful tilt as she toyed with the Arrow. “Though if you’re looking for more bodies to throw at the Banisher problem then by all means hit me up.”

Damascus withdrew the aforementioned notebook, quickly jotting down her number before tearing off a strip and proffering it to the Sentinel.

Yeah, I'm gonna have some cards printed up, this is swiftly becoming tedious.

She noted the other woman's attentive expression and wondered whether there'd been more to their remark than first she'd thought.

Is... Is she trying to recruit me to the Arrow? I don't think I told her I was unaligned... Maybe word travels fast within the Awakened community.

“If you’re asking if I’m looking for an order, then I might be; but only if I feel it’s a good fit for me. I don't mean to cause offense here, but I'd need to get a better idea of what each group are about before I make that decision. Most of my information about order beliefs and practices came second hand, and I'm not sure how objective the source was.”

A
    Asp

Since we're wrapping shortly, I'm going to post on.

Asp accepted the strip of paper, programming the number into her phone real quick before sending a text back. "There's mine in your inbox, if you need it. I may well take you up on that offer, although your best bet on getting involved with that mission would be to find yourself a Cabal that's being assigned tasks. There's a few about recruiting - pretty sure Archangels is, right, Weave?" Her eyes danced over to the blonde Talon for a moment.

Well. Apparently her question had meant more to the Thyrsus. She'd gotten more than she'd expected, too.

"Ah, you're Orderless, hey?" Apparently, Asp hadn't been asking her to join the Arrow. "I wasn't asking, just then - but if you want to set up a time to chat, I'm always happy to sit down with people and explain what we're about."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.