Ended
Watch

(1412) Nous, Pepper and Ermac

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Ermac

Ermac nodded in response to Pepper. "I have, yes. Emrys definitely shows promise." With Nous's return, "Welcome back. Any more Enchanters in town?"

J

"Is it wrong for me to say that I hope not? Too many of us to really manage to keep everyone happy."

She looks around the room and counts her constituents.

"Any more for you to manage?"

She's not sure if she means for his path or order. Could be either way.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gives and eager nod to Ermac's response. "I'm glad he has plans to take a Factotum Exam already. He's already got a better understanding of the Lex than more Acanthi then I'm comfortable admitting." She sighed, then shrugged to Nous.

"The new face was Damascus, Why?" Then she could help but ask, "Is there room in the Charter for Appointing a second Provost? i haven't done as much studies on that section yet, but I'm used to that position being 'As needed'."

J

"No provisions that I can think of for another Provost. Are you feeling overworked?"

She hopes she doesn't need a second Provost. Although that could be useful in a few ways. It might give them a way to keep all the Libertines connected to their Path better. Because that's all they need right now, Libertines going and breaking off on their own. It would get rid of the joker, but there are better ways to deal with that.

"And I just wanted to know who it was. I like to know who people are, and considering you two were just talking..."

She shrugs and messes with stuff in her purse.

"Emrys should turn out to be helpful. He's in your club, Ermac."

E
    Ermac

Upon hearing his fellow Libertine's good rapport, Ermac smiled proudly to both of them, "I have met Emrys. I am very impressed with his ambition." Looking at Pepper, "I'm sure he'll do well. He definitely has the right attitude and mindset."

Turning back to Nous, "We have a new Acanthus, named Hope." The Obrimos's cheerful demeanor dampened slightly as he mulled it over. "I must inform you, she didn't make a good first impression when we met." He sighed, mildly annoyed at dowsing an otherwise enjoyable conversation.

Forcing a smile back upon his lips, "Beyond that, we stand ready to aid and assist."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper laughed and shook her head. "No, no, Not overworked, I just figured a second could help us keep in touch with the new faces...At least, if we keep getting more. We're good for now."

She nods with Ermac's praise for Ermrys, then raises a sharp Eyebrow at the mention of the new Acanthus. "How long ago did she show up? She wasn't at the Path meeting. Is she here? What was the meeting with her like?"

J

"There's plenty of that first impression bug going around. It tends to sink into the second and third impressions too. Disappointing really. What ever happened to just a little bit of curtesy? I'm not asking for prim and proper, but 'Hi, how do you do?' doesn't hurt anyone."

So she's a little old fashioned. Nah, manners are old fashioned. They're manners. They're taught to you when you're six years old.

"And seriously, you're already aiding and assisting plenty. You're contributing intelligently to our work as a council. How much more can anyone reasonably ask?"

E
    Ermac

Ermac's eyes shifted to Pepper's, "Truth be told, I have no idea how long Hope's been in town. She had obtained an invitation from Emrys to the Order meeting on Tuesday, the second." The Syndic leaned forward. "If anything, it was the first indicator to me that Emrys gets things done."

He smiled in response to Nous's remark of manners before speaking, "I have noticed that too. It's a pity, really. But c'est la vie." "As for Hope, she voiced her distrust of the Arrow. I recommended she refrain from disparaging blanket statements." A light sigh and a shrug.

"As long as the right Awakened are involved with the decision making process, we'll overcome anything."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"Ah, yeah, she might have turned up after the meeting then." Pepper gave a thoughtful nod and glanced around again. "If you or Emrys could set up a meeting between her and us, that'd be awesome."

Pepper sighed with the whole first impressions thing. What could she say, really? "i suppose I'm an optimist. I've only really had two people reinforce my initial bad impression of them on the second meeting... But that might be due to the fact I've only met Falstaff once?" She shrugged hopelessly, but considering it a bit of a win that she only had three severely bad impressions of people.

"Oooh.... I hope that's not applicable to all the Orders, or she's going to have a tough time here."

J

"If she'd been meant to find us before now, she would have. Granted, anyone with a little be of proactivity would have found us already. She doesn't need to check in, but her voice can't be heard unless she does. I swear, some people talk all the shit, but they can't be bothered to actually stand up and put in the work to get shit done. It bothers the shit out of me. Fucking apathy. It's what tore the city apart in the first place."

Sure, she runs her mouth all the time. And then she gets up and puts her money where her mouth is. Sometimes she writes checks her ass can't cash, but that doesn't mean she won't work out a payment plan.

"First impressions though, they make it hard to get people to actually listen to you if you go walking around making poor ones on purpose."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.