(-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Description of the office

As soon as they enter the office, Chris stops halfway inside and turns around. Apparently they're not going to sit down and chat for hours.

A single hand gesture urges the newly arrived Gangrel to speak, 'Please, go ahead Miss Yoon-ji. Start at the beginning.' The Reeve wants to hear every detail, especially now that they've made this into such a dramatic event.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes liked this post

As soon as Josephine opened her mouth Lee Yoon-ji had to make an effort, again, not to re-arrange the Lord’s face. If she had the opportunity they wouldn’t be having this conversation and she wouldn’t be wasting her precious time. Instead she would be dusting her clothes…

”Ah! Reeve Wooding, my surname is Lee and my given name is Yoon-ji, but most people just call me Yoon, and it’s enough.” Her words came out automatically, apparently Wooding was not the first person to mess up with her name, but she didn’t seem to take it as insult but more like a very common mistake that most people made when addressing her.

”As for a description of the events…” The Gangrel cocks her head to the side and then to the other. Her braids accompany the head's motion.

”I greeted everyone as soon as I came in, Priscus Sterling greeted me as well and identified herself as Priscus of clan Ventrue, I politely asked her if there was anything I could do for her to which she demanded to know my intentions and the reason of my stay in the city.” There is a small pause and a small smile.

”After that I merely asked her to explain me why I should relay that information to her, I’m not used to have other kindred asking me about my business, a Priscus from another clan certainly doesn't seem to fit that role either, if she was a Seneschal or a Sheriff...” Yoon pauses again.

”Apparently my simple question was taken as a challenge to Priscus Sterling’s authority which immediately gazed at me from top to bottom as if she could elicit the answers she was seeking by gazing intently at me... When she failed to do that... I trust you already know the rest of the story.” Lee Yoon-ji looked to Josephine in the eyes - her beast could very well be yearning for the woman's blood.

”Of course if Priscus Sterling is mandated by the Prince to know the whereabouts of all kindred in the city all she needed to do was say so and I would have abided by the law… but such was not the case.” Instead the Ventrue’s insecurities made her go and hide under the Reeve’s skirts.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Whisper, Cayce, Jag, Forn Clakes liked this post

PRE

"How would you describe your demeanor, Lee Yoon-ji, after I had asked you to explain your business? I would describe it as hostile. Your gaze was more of a glare than it was anything else. Furthermore, you did not identify your clan. You simply stated that you might explain your business, if you felt like it. Would you act the same way, or say the same thing to the Prince, himself?" Josephine asked the woman, her visage placid, voice measured.

"Humph!" Lee Yoon-ji shook her head, her gaze avoided Josephine, it was to help keep her temper in check and avoid forcibly swath the pathetic kindred away from her sight for good.

”I was merely reciprocating your hospitality! If my gaze disturbs you maybe the problem is in you!”

The Korean savage looks back to the Reeve and crosses her arms, her brow starts furrowing as words start coming.

”As for the rest of the accusations those are just distorted versions of what really happened! My answer to the Priscus of Lords question was merely predicated on her explaining me if she had, or not, authority to ask me that question.”

There is another audible sight.

”I was never questioned about my clan either!” She finally states hoping to put an end to this… she had already spared more words than she had anticipated and this situation was starting to annoy her.

Starving Gangrels make terrible annoyed kindred…

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, Whisper, Cayce, Forn Clakes liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris listens carefully to what Yoon has to say, and he keeps his face straight throughout the whole story. He nods here and there, it all seems very reasonable. Of course this situation could have been avoided if she would have given some non-answer to satisfy the Priscus, like he had done. But then Josephine would probably have continued asking things. It's still early in the evening.

As for her reply now, the Reeve wonders what exactly the woman thinks it means to be a Priscus. She can Acknowledge Kindred in the Domain, but she doesn't speak for the man who rules it.

'So to summarize the turn of events, you stared at Miss Yoon, apparently,' he starts while looking at Josephine, 'then she stared back. If somewhat provocative, while being surrounded by a whole Court of unfamiliar Kindred.' He takes some breath, as if to imply that he would say something else.

But then he blows the useless air away again, there's nothing more to it.

Back to Yoon. 'In the future, I suggest to just go along with the situation. We've had crazy people at our Court, so we're always cautious here. This Elysium should be a conflict free environment.'

'And you, Priscus Sterling, are in fact not the Prince. So to ask of people that they would act the same to you as they would around His Majesty is... almost presumptuous.' Chris says that in a hundred percent polite manner. He folds his hands then, wondering if this matter really needs any more attention. Josephine should know by now that Gangrel give intimidating looks all the time, it's their way of doing things.

And Dog beat me up at an Elysium only once.

'Can we continue enjoying our evening without further trouble?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

9. Likes Forn Clakes, Premsyl, West, Cameron liked this post

PRE

"Not yet," Josephine replied. "There are two things which I wish to explain. One to both of you, one to Lee Yoon-Ji. Allow me to start with the shared message. As a Priscus, I am charged with Acknowledging those of my clan, and assisting in directing those of other Clans to their respective Priscii. However, because it was the Prince, himself, who charged all of the Priscii with this task, this makes us representatives of his Rule. Symbols of the order he wishes to create in the domain. We are agents of himself. His Power, just as you are, Reeve Wooding. Thus to disrespect one of us is to disrespect all of us, and is to disrespect him. Particularly when it is my duty to represent his Clan. After all, civilization and law are built on symbols. To disrespect such signifiers is to disrespect the meanings which are behind them, and that is a dangerous road which leads to chaos.

"Now, as for the second message, it is simple." she continued, shifting her focus to the Gangrel, "You, Lee Yoon-Ji, are a stranger in this Domain. You have no rights. You are owed nothing, here. That is, until you are acknowledged. Yet, by not identifying yourself, by not reciprocating the information which I lent to you, and then by expressing your reluctance to speak freely about your purpose here you flout the entire system of acknowledgement even though you are aught more than a trespasser. That is a mistake. Do you understand this?"

11. Likes Brownlee liked this post

The Korean Gangrel nodded to the Reeve. Her expression seemed to change to one of neutrality as she reasserted her coolness and kept her temper in check.

But Josephine had to continue. This time Yoon listened quietly and silently, the voices re ignited the beast pulling it closer to the surface.

When Priscus Sterling finishes there is a brief throaty chuckle – not a show of disrespect but instead of disagreement on the point Josephine had just shared. It also helped dissipate more of the accumulated tension. She was starting to do a lot of that in just such a small amount of time.

Her eyes settle on the Reeve for a moment and there is an atavistic smirk crossing her lips

”…go along with the situation…” and she nods to Chris. Apparently Josephine was stubborn as a mule.

Her gaze goes back to Josephine.
    ”I won’t waste our time explaining you how your reasoning is wrong and flawed or how we are already past all those points...”

“Are we through?”
    The final answer trails over in a precocious silence as if anticipating another retort from the Ventrue.

13. Likes Forn Clakes, Premsyl liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Not yet?! Chris tilts his head a bit and smiles with the awkward realization that there's apparently no polite way to shut Josephine up. He still feels like this situation is a waste of time, especially when the Priscus of Lords starts lecturing him. Him.

'Well, thank you for explaining the basics of semiotics. It's especially enlightening in combination with the social theory of our Kindred society. Still, I think both of us already had quite a good grasp of the subjects.' So far the subtle sarcasm, time to get serious. He's the damn Reeve now. He doesn't quite realize it yet, all the time. But now that he does, it feels like Josephine is mocking him.

'I'm beginning to wonder what exactly the purpose is of your call for assistance. Did you know I have been Priscus of Mekhet? I know how the job's done. Clearly - since Miss Yoon here has so far only shown cooperative and honest behavior - it's your approach that was wrong. Have you considered the option that your condescending treatment of new arrivals could cause them to act defensively? Something triggered her. Now I doubt the Prince, a symbol of charisma and admiration, wants any such inhospitable agents of his rule.' Except of course the Reeve. He should be all those bad things.

Then there's one more thing. Chris hopes all his words get through to the Lords's brain if only he reuses her manner of speaking. 'And as a matter of fact, the Laws of the Domain apply to everyone. Now Laws are also rights, in any civilized society that strives for order. All Kindred present within an Elysium are considered cordial guests of his Majesty. To think that in the Domain of Sacramento we can chain new arrivals to a wall for questioning and then Acknowledge them, is a mistake. Soon there would be no Kindred left, and the Prince would be a Prince of nothing.' That hardly seems to be a scenario Josephine, the perfect agent of order, could wish for. And she should realize by know she's not the only one who can exaggerate matters. 'Is my point clear?'

15. Likes Orianna, Whisper, Forn Clakes, Benji liked this post

PRE

"Your point? You have, indeed, elucidated a point, but I doubt it was the one you intended to share, Reeve Wooding. Nevertheless, thank you for making your position so clear. It shall make our dealings in the future run much more smoothly," Josephine explained, rising purposefully to her feet, her face a carefully stolid mask of porcelain skin and contrasting, painted features.

"Have a pleasant evening, Reeve Wooding. And welcome to Sacramento, Lee Yoon-Ji." A shallow nod was afforded to the pair of them and then the Priscus of Ventrue stepped back into court.

Josephine finally gave up. All her stubbornness afforded her nothing, her porcelain mask could very well hide what was going in her blackened heart but Yoon needed no eyes to know, she could sniff the fear oozing from her pores, fear twisted into an amalgam of self-entitlement and hubris.

The Korean Dragon fixed her eyes as the figure of Priscus of Lords and Ladies left, following her path like her shadow, silent but certain.

Tomorrow they won’t be in Elysium and the Reeve won’t be within shouting distance.

After imagining a thousand different endings for this situation Yoon’s arm reaches the door that had been left open and with a touch closes it.

Feline eyes met Chris and asked: What now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread