Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
(SN 2014) Swearing the Pledge

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle approaches the group, catching snippets of oaths and fealty. He is almost certain he hears a familiar voice among them. One with a familiar cadence and a meekness he finds endearing - and completely out of place. Sasha. She's just hiding behind her Mask, ass. And you've been chatting it up with squirrel-girl. He shakes his head at his own silliness.

Once there is a free moment, Kyle approaches the Queen as closely as he thinks respect and courtesy will allow. He takes a breath and steels himself. Ok, man. You got this. This is a good place. Show them what you've got. The Minstrel takes a knee.

"I swear to laugh in the face of what the Gentry desire, and never let anything I say or do lead to the discovery of this Freehold. For a year and a day. And for as long as I am here, I pledge to bring hope and joy to all of the Freehold. To confound the Gentry, I will always wear a Mask outside of the freehold."

-1 WP to secure Freehold Pledge, Expression please

Ciara Maskelyne

As people slowly line up to swear their loyalty to the Freehold, Finn hesitantly makes his way over as well. It wasn't just imposing stature of the Winter Queen that put the Fairest at ease; he honestly had no idea what he had to offer to go along with the pledge. From what he had seen, they certainly weren't lacking on performers or social graces...

Finn only has a few moments to think over his dilemma before he found himself face-to-face with Katrin; thankfully he at least has the presence of mind to offer the monarch a polite bow before speaking. "I swear, for the next year and a day, that I shall not knowingly offer aid or comfort to the Gentry or their agents. Should I break this oath, may I be banished and cursed for my treachery. As for what I have to offer, I swear to aid the Freehold in whatever capacity I can that does not put myself or others in undo risk; however limited my capabilities may be."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex glance back at the table with Coco and Lynn for a moment, then turns fully to Queen Byeli as he steps forward. "Uh, I swear not to Knowingly aid the True Faye or their Agents for a Year and a Day, To keep the Freehold's Secrets, And to assist the other members of the Freehold in good faith for a year and a day."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

forgot to subtract WP -1 to swear Pledge

C
    Cross

Gettin' it on the record...

Wexler approached the Winter Queen, positively in awe by her regal presence. The tactician's distant eyes met hers as she offered him the pledge, and he nodded crisply. "Yes, ma'am. Name's Wexler, of Summer. By the Wyrd, I swear that I ain't gonna help the Gentry or their servants, that I'll keep this Freehold secret, and I'll help out as a tactician and soldier when the Freehold needs me. So it'll be, for a year and a day."

The Summer Court of Sacramento just got one Wizened bigger.

C
    Cross

BTW, the above is a +1 Firearms pledge.

OOC

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy can't deny that she's a bit nervous when she approaches Katrin Byeli. The woman is almost too regal. Automatically, the Elemental becomes more tense. Don't mind her nice cute dress, the Fireheart speaks to the Winter Sovereign with a serious expression.

'Greetings, Queen Byeli.' She's not going to kneel like Degnar, but Lucy will bow her head.

'I, Lucy Morgan of the Onyx Court, swear that for a year and a day I will not knowingly aid the Gentry and their secret agents. For a year and a day, I will keep us and our Freehold a secret. I also promise to help fellow Changelings within the city. I will defend the Freehold against whatever dangers it may face, and guard any secrets we may want to keep, with my bare hands, if necessary.' She almost sounds like a Summer, that's why she added the part where she guards secrets.

Then Lucy just stands there. There are other things she wants to know, and discuss with the Queen. But this may not be the right time and place? She would expect some sort of extra greeting, as a new arrival of her Court. However, if nothing is said the Elemental will slowly walk away.

-1WP, pledging for Brawl
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread