The Physical World

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Mace liminal.shadow

Einstein busied herself around her basement-apartment as she waited for Mace's arrival. She had cleaned everything up-or at least as much as she thought necessary-in preparation for the Moros to show up. If the place was too messy, she'd make a bad impression, or so Parliament had told her. And if she made a bad impression she might not learn as much. And so the apartment was cleaner than it had ever been, the stained pillows on the couch flipped over, the dishwasher filled with dirty dishes and the sink emptied of same, and the papers that usually found themselves strewn about the living 'room' were organized into neat piles on the coffee table. She'd even made her bed and changed the sheets, though it was mostly due to Parliament's incessant nagging. With all that done, however, she was done with work. And so, she was sitting on her couch, reviewing the notes she'd put together on the plan she was going to present to Mace.

M
    Mace

Mace checked her phone one last time before walking up to the door indicated and knocking. She wasn't quite sure what the Obrimos was looking for, so she'd packed up several textbooks, materials samples, and alchemical accouterments into a bag which was currently slung over her shoulder. She'd be ready for whatever the Libertine would throw at her. Hopefully.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein jumped at the knocking on the door, and rushed to it. On the way, she stopped. She'd been so busy doing things she'd forgotten to toss up her sight! She stood still for a moment, working through the mudra until her senses settled into the familiar psychedelic coloration of Supernal Vision, then continued on her way to the door. She took a peek through the peephole to make sure it was, indeed, Mace, then unbolted the door and slid it open, smiling. "Heya Mace! Come on in, come on in!" She stepped back, indicating that she should come in, like Einstein had said.

M
    Mace

Mace stepped in, taking a quick glance around the apartment. "Hi Einstein," she said once she passed over the threshold. "Nice place you got here. You settling in okay?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein nodded vigorously. "Yeah, it's been going well! The landlord keeps to his own business most of the time, so that's pretty cool." She took a moment to re-examine the apartment, so as to spot anything that might need some surreptitious fixing. It was a small apartment, converted from a basement, located between the boilers and the supply closets. The immediate room they were in was a small living room/dining room, with a couch and a coffee table off to one side, in front of a TV, and a dining table and chairs on the other side, next to a door that must lead to the kitchen. Off in the back was an actual trapdoor, that would lead to the sub-basement. Not seeing anything out of place, Einstein returned her attention to Mace. "And how have you been since we talked?"

M
    Mace

"I'm glad to hear it," Mace said as she took a seat on the couch. "I'm doing well. School keeps me busy," she said with a laugh. "It's like they think you don't already have two other lives." Between being a person, a student, and a Mage, she was plum worn out. "Did I ask you what you do?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein thought back, reviewing the whole one time she and Mace had spoken. "No, I don't think so. I'm a high school teacher." And a damn good one, if she did think so herself. Most people might wonder why a person with a PhD was teaching high school rather than...well, pretty much anything else, but hey, a job was a job.

M
    Mace

Mace smiled, though there was a bit of a shake to her head. "I don't think I could do it," she said. "High schoolers are vicious. Teach a college course? Maybe, but High school? Man, so many of them just don't want to be there. I don't know that I could deal with that every day." She smiled. "But more power to you. Somebody's got to to do it." She paused for a moment, considering. "You said you had a Ph.D, right? Did you have to go get extra certification to teach high schools?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein nodded. "Yep! Teacher's license, got all sorts of special courses to go through. Then I had to go through a while as a sub, but now I get to be an actual teacher." She grinned again. "Oh, yeah, they hate being at school. But! I went through that torture, for way longer than them, and now I can put them through it. I try to make it entertaining, but there's only so much I can do." She shrugged.

M
    Mace

Mace winced. "I'm not sure if that sounds like too much work to be worth it, or if it's appalling that professors don't have to go through similar rigor to teach colleges." She laughed. "Don't get me wrong, I like school. But if you try too hard to make things entertaining... it gets bad." She grinned. "What do you teach?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread