Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Bibliophile) Poor Connection

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Lynn Mills

Lynn smiled as well and relaxed a bit; she was fine with the idea of having some more back up along, although she wondered if Degnar would even want to. He wasn't part of their Motley pledge, so he wouldn't even get any help from the Wyrd if he decided to come with them. But if he already knew his way around HAL's library, that was enough to make her consider offering him a bribe.

So, you’ve been there and maybe know your way around? Or at least know HAL?” Lynn bit her lip in thought. “Um, wouldn’t mind coming along and helping out a bit, I’d be willing to make the time up to you by helping you hunt for fruit afterwards.

Still, she was surprised neither Garth or his partner/pet(?) had said anything. Turning to look for them, a part of her fully expected the pair to be as far down the path as they could get.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel looked to Garth to see what he was thinking. It would be him who decided if the newly arrived Winter could come along. Daniel wondered if he'd make Degnar swear an oath or just refuse to continue. At least there was the silver lining that Degnar had been to the King's hollow before. If he could be convinced to lead them they would still have a chance to find the information.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Throughout the exchange, the Elemental had simply been watching the Darkling. If anything, it was Hurley that was more concerned at this change of events but before the mutt could say anything, Garth simply stated, "Don't bother me none. You all want to meet HAL, I want to get paid."

Hurley shot a look up at his partner. He wanted to roll his eyes, he really did.

Lynn Mills

Lynn looked from Garth to the newcomer, waiting to see what he would say.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel glanced between his fellow Winter courtier, the dog, and the dog's partner. He got the feeling this wasn't the complete resolution it seemed to be but he wasn't going to question a gift horse too much.

"Alright, let's continue then," he said in a calm manner that bordered on being a request.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

6. Likes Origins liked this post

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar blinked his eyes a couple of times, listening as the others spoke. "Permission?" he said, repeating Morgan's words as he tilted his head slightly to one side. "No, not at all." He paused for a moment, considering what the others had said. "I haven't met HAL either, but I found a secret way into his library over a year ago," he confessed to the group, offering a slight shrug.

"The way I know isn't through the Hedge though," he added after a brief pause. "But if you all need a hand, I wouldn't mind doing what I can to help." With those words he tipped his hat towards Lynn, who had offered to help him gather fruits at a later point. "There is strength in numbers after all, and from what I recall...HAL's library can be a tricky place..."

8. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Well, that was unexpected and whoops. Morgan winced at her error causing Degnar to reveal his secret entrance to the library. She turned the Winter Courtier with an apologetic look on her face: "Ssso sorry to assume, heh, was-kind-of-hoping-right, heh-heh. B-but I am truthfully grateful-and-accept a fellow's offer of aid, heh-heh."

She siddled up to Lynn, proclaiming to her: "I-if you n-n-want aid with g-giving aid, I will heh-happily help a friend."

She then looked around to the others before taking a deep, sharp breath through her nose. After she let it out she started speaking, trying to keep her words steady and clear: "Whilst I doth like strong numbers," she moved her gaze from Daniel to Degnar and finally to Hurley, "If there tis a safer entry t-then the Hedge..." she looked at Garth without bothering to veil her suspicion, "twould have b-been nice to have option presented earlier..." She tilted her head in thought before giving a friendly smile, "Lest HAL tis ignorant of i-it, heh, trade-tell him, slight tangent. Ahem. Do we trek on this p-path or opt for non-Hedge path?"

If HAL didnt' know of the backdoor, they couldn't keep it secret from HAL unless they murdered Garth and Hurley, which would hurt any chances of negotiating. So showing it to him was the friendliest option.

Lynn Mills

Lynn shrugged. "Then we'll have a bit more to sweeten the pot when we get to HAL." She nodded. "We're on this path right now and we've already made our deal with our guides. I say we keep going as we are and see where it takes us." She nodded down the pat where Garth and Hurley waited, starting to look impatient. "And I think we need to go while we still have the option of having a guide."

OOC

Lynn Mills

Hey guys, I think we've all agreed to play nice. Shall we get going?

Sory for the delay, everyone

"You've been to HAL's library already?" Hurley asked towards Degnar, his dark, intelligent Alsatian eyes boring into the Darkling. Garth said nothing but there was no hiding the interest on his face at this new development. The cables that entwined the briars in this region twitched with the information.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread