Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Bibliophile) Poor Connection

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

"Because as deluded as Garth can be somedays, he don't deserve the shit that is going to come from this insane idea," Hurley said, head turning towards Daniel. "He's my best friend, do you get it? Yes, he's done some crazy stuff in the old days but he was all about to turn his back on his bridge burning ways, coming to understand that the Hedge is an evil necessity, a boundary between Them and You. What HAL is planning could break Garth and I don't want to see that."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's eyes bugged at the confirmation of the speculation on HAL's sanity. Her tone was worried. She grumbled something about sanity, then let out a loud sigh and facep almed, "Never simple-easy, no-no-no, can never be direct-easy-sane inna heh-Hedge." She didn't seem to be addressing anyone. Just irked whilst thinking aloud.

Looking at the dog she listened to his explanation. It was still strange to see a dog talking, but at least Hurley was a friendly dog. Though it did bring up a problem, "D-d-doubt we c-can do much to aid in g-g-getting him to depart. If dropping-eaves you mmmay hear of a bolt-hole heh-heh, to flee from. Oro-or HAL not want gate maybe you will? T-t-tis good you care fffor your friend."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar remained silent as he listened to Hurley, a stoic expression upon his face. However, he did quirk an eyebrow when the dog referred to Garth's "bridge burning ways," which was certainly a matter of concern. Was it possible that HAL was a bridge burner himself? Could that have been the reason he had been banished in the first place? Perhaps his Queen knew the truth behind it all, but it wasn't like she was around to ask her about all of this.

"Do you know more about his plan?" asked the Darkling, wondering how much Hurley actually knew about it all. He was clearly well-informed, or at least better informed about HAL's plans than they were.

4. Likes Origins liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn leaned forwards, her words as soft as the others. "This trouble you mentioned. Do you think it will come from the Hedge itself or from the Freehold, when they find out about this?" She glanced at the door of the tent, watching for any sign that somebody was coming in. Briefly she wondered if anybody was using a communion contract to eavesdrop on them, but decided that since there wasn't anything they could do about it, they needed information more than they needed to be paranoid.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel inclined his head understandingly when Hurley talked about his friendship with Garth. It was fairly obvious to Daniel at least. However, the Darkling remained silent for the answers to the others’ questions. There was still something Hurley was going to say, Daniel felt sure of it. The dog wanted something. A friend to Goyle he may be but that still didn’t explain why he was telling them anything. And the comment about Them and You, rather than Them and Us, showed he didn't feel he was part of their group. So it wasn't that he felt he owed them or something. He wanted their help somehow. The real question was what could the canine offer that would surpass HAL’s assistance. While dealing with an insane Changeling might increase the risk, the former King was still their best chance at finding information about Fairweather at the old Autumn Hollow.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

"From what I get," Hurley began, answering Degnar's question first, "is that HAL believes he can use the Hedge as some kind of communication relay so any journey's throughout the Trods could be better navigated. Look, I ain't the smartest hound in the world but that sounds pretty crazy to me especially when you're upsetting the locals."

"Not sure about the Freehold, you're outside of it now, babes," Hurley said, looking towards Lynn. "Like I said, the locals ain't too happy about what's happening. Technology and the Hedge just don't mix but HAL has scared them into assistance so far. Through the grapevine, I've heard the chieftains of the Blues are getting all manner of worked up over the situation."

Suddenly, Hurley's head snapped round at a sound. "Garth's calling, I just heard him. All I ask is that whatever you're loking for, think first before agreeing to anything with HAL. I've looked crazy in the eye and it ain't a touch on what that guy is capable of." He gave the motley a nod before slipping out of the tent, leaving them alone to talk.

Lynn Mills

"Damn," Lynn sighed as she sat back. "So now the question is, do we cut our losses and try and get out before everything goes down, or do we tough it out and hope we can find the information we're looking for?" She glanced around at the assembled Motley, waiting for their reactions.

9. Likes Forn Clakes, Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan looked both worried and thoughtful. She was clearly turning over things in her head, whilst fidgeting constantly, claws occasionally clicking together.

Once the fidgeting stopped, Morgan spoke up, "I-I-I think we ssshould take Hurley's advice to heart. Personally I w-w-w-wanna duck-run, instinct, nada anger the Wyrd-Hedge. B-b-but we need insssights on the fire-lizard. W-w-we have ssstuff to barter, and-and backdoor if negotiations shatter-fail. Ssso maybe exclude backdoor from dealing? " She tilted her head in thought then perked up with a smile, "Oh, g-good speaker c-can sssell us as b-b-backup plan or revenge. If-if HAL's goal be to stop more of THEM arriving, it-it does naught to stop THEM already heh-here l-like fire-lizard. Oro-or could-d-d mention new Autumn library and-and hoping for benefits fffrom his, uh, vast wisdom, um library-skill? Uh, w-would stroking heh-his ego w-work do you think, Degnar?"

The Steepscrambler sent a curious look towards the Tunnelgrub. Of this motley, Degnar had the most experience regarding HAL. If they could convince HAL that their killing Fairweather was to his benefit, getting access to the old Autumn Library could be easier. Plus it would benefit the new Autumn Commons if HAL was willing to loan somethings from his own library.

11. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel let out a breath that was part sigh, part groan, and part wish that things could be simple. His eyes stayed on the tent door while he considered.
    "If we left now this was all for nothing," he said thinking aloud in a soft whisper. He didn't know how good the dog's hearing was. "If what Hurley said is true then dealing with HAL is dangerous but leaving without his side of the story is too. Not to mention leaving could provoke Horace as well. Plus we'd be letting a goblin revolt and Hedge backlash come about that could bite the Freehold in the ass. So I have to say stay and try to get at least some intel out of this situation. Hell, we might even want to consider allying with the hobs if HAL really is that far off his rocker." God, he sounded like an Autumn.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

And scene! Thanks for keeping going, I'll start the next scene shortly!

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread