Ended
Watch

Family Issues

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Emma French

PRE

Emma paced the floor as she waited for Tracy. Every so often she would look out the door. Glancing at the cooler room she grimaced. What ever happpened happened she decided. She needed to get back to focusing on this issue.

PRE

The loud roar of the engine of Tracy's bike announced her arrival. Shortly thereafter, the petite Gangrel entered through the back door as she had been instructed. Her Beast howled in defiance as usual, even with how familiar it was with the other Savage's beast. Such things were to be expected amongst predators after all. However, the Priscus knew quite well how to cow the animal into submission, soothing its rage as she approached her clan mate.

"Hey Emma," she said in greeting, not bothering with titles or formalities. They were alone after all, and she saw no reason to follow the pretense of etiquette in such a situation. Neither of them was Invictus after all. "How's it going?"

Emma French

PRE

When Tracy came through the door Emma's first response was fight. It would be a good battle. Beast wanted it so bad. But Emma wanted to talk even more. She stood still for a moment as she regained control of beast. Her eyes darkened only slightly. It did get easier as she got to know another better.

"Hey, glad to see you. Let's head to my office." Emma decided they may need privacy just in case David came in to work tonight. He shouldn't but you never know.

Emma's office was across the hall. Upon entering Tracy will see a desk surrounded by book shelves towards the back of the room. Next to the door was a seating area with red leather chairs and a low table with a poinsettia on it. "Please have a seat. Can I get you anything?"

PRE

"Sure thing," said Tracy, following the other Gangrel into the office. Once inside, she studied the scene for a few seconds, slightly curious as to what Emma may have been working on before she arrived. Her emerald green eyes surveyed the collection of books with some interest, but her attention was drawn towards the chairs as Emma offered her a seat.

"I'm alright, but thank you," she said in response to her cousin, offering her a pleasant smile. "So...what's up? I take it you've got something on your mind that you wanna talk to me about." The petite Priscus was pretty straightforward, and while she didn't mind the habitual social call, she had a feeling that there was more to this meeting than just the two of them catching up.

Emma French

PRE

Thank goodness Tracy liked getting to the point also. Emma so hated social small talk crap. Sitting she dove in, "First I wanted to let you know I have been fired as a deputy. Apparently, I don't have any initiative." Emma wanted to laugh at that since she had always been very ambitious in most areas of her life. "That aside, I had been working on something long before Dillon made me a deputy. Do you remember Francesco?" Emma pauses for a nod or other sign of acknowledgement. "When he had disappeared I started working with Dillon to find out what happened. We had had so many disappearances around that time. We figured this may have a connection. Plus we wanted to keep the Francesco issues within the family. He was our issue." Emma paused a moment to decide where to go next with it. "I began searching and found where he had been living. In his home I found letters and notes about him and a woman who used to live here. Julianne Cross or Jennifer Cross. "Emma scrunched her forehead as she tried to remember the name. "I have copies of the notes hidden away. I can pull them out later. Anyway, Miss Cross had some sort of control over him.” Emma stopped talking for a moment. “Sorry, I just realized you know some of this story already. I had forgotten you had helped me in some of the investigation. Do you want me to continue with the overview? Or do you just want the update from after you left the ball field on?”

PRE

Tracy's eyes widened slightly as the news were revealed. The gesture was followed by a slight frown. She was aware of who the new Reeve was, and part of her wondered whether the decision to relieve Emma from her position as Deputy was due to her Clan. He was no friend of Clan Gangrel, she thought to herself, considering the many missteps Chris Wooding had taken in the past in regards to her family. It was an important bit of information that she would keep in mind, just in case it became relevant.

When Francesco's name was mentioned, there was a flash of anger that manifested in Tracy's eyes. It lasted for just a few seconds, but it was a clear sign of how she felt about that particular Savage. She nodded in response to Emma. "I do," she said to her cousin, listening to her as she spoke further on the matter. She recalled that particular investigation, or at least part of it. "Right. I do remember us looking into the matter right before I left town," she said to Emma, nodding her head slightly.

"So what happened to him? Were you able to find more information concerning his whereabouts?"

Emma French

PRE

Emma bit the inside of her lip. She saw that flash in Tracy. But she had to trust her to not over react. "I did find him. At the ball field. I also found many dead vampires and humans. A girl, Kacey, was part of a band. Her whole band was murdered. I managed to save her and Francesco. After I left, Dillon went over to do clean up with a crew of people. I took Kacey and Francesco back here. We met Martha and David here. Francesco freaked out." Emma stared at nothing as she remembered the horrible scene. "He was put down but not before Martha was injured. David was awesome. I texted Dillon, he was heading back here after he got the clean up going. Martha got the call and David and I went to rescue Aileen." Emma looked down at her hands. "We couldn't get to her in time. I had spent that whole night trying to rescue people and failed." Emma looked back up. "I never got to ask about the clean up effort. So many dead, so much carnage. And that mother fucking Wooding who thinks he is a great leader didn't even know about the incident. He was pissed because on one death, Aileen's. But he didn't even know anything about all those other deaths. Nor did he care. And now Redfill is there kissing his royal reevynesses ass. I should have bashed Redfill in the first day I met him." Emma stopped venting for a moment. "Sorry, Redfill isn't to blame but I don't think I can trust him right now." Emma was obviously an emotional mess. Too much had been happening and the person she thought she could count on had disappeared. Being a mess was bad news because it allowed beast to come to the surface. Emma could feel control slipping from her quickly. She shut her eyes and started counting backwards from 100 by 7's. The trick worked and she was able to get beast back down. She opened her eyes and waited for Tracy to respond.

8. Likes Dark Passenger, West liked this post

PRE

Tracy remained silent, listening to every word Emma said. It was a lot of information to take in all at once, so she took a moment to absorb it and collect her thoughts. "Hmmm...so all of this is linked to the mysterious Elder that has been plaguing this Domain," said the redheaded Savage as she put one and two together. "Aileen's death was a rather unfortunate event, and one that I wish could've been avoided. Yet, I am certain that you and David did all you could to prevent it." She offered her cousin a reassuring smile after saying those words.

"If Redfill wants to lick Wooding's balls, then let him," said Tracy, a wicked smirk forming on the corner of her lips. "He is one of us, but I am afraid that he has gotten too caught up on all the politics and bullshit." So much was clear to her, especially since the meeting she had with him while he was still Regent of Florin. "Maybe he still wants to act as Deputy to keep this Domain safe," said Tracy, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt at least. "Or maybe he just wants the power that comes along with the title." Well, maybe not so much after all.

"Whether he can be fully trusted or not remains to be seen," she added after a brief pause, meeting Emma's eyes with her own. "But we should definitely keep an eye on him; just in case." Her smirk widened into a full blown grin, but one that was not necessarily a pleasant sight. There was something dark about that grin, something that betrayed the Priscus' innocent visage. "If he ever proves himself to be a traitor to the Clan, we will deal with him accordingly."

Emma French

PRE

Emma was grateful that at least Tracy doesn't feel like she should have been able to save Aileen. Seriously, if any one else had been there they would have seen how weird the woman had acted, it was just unnatural. Emma almost laughed at the thought because wasn't she unnatural. "I think maybe both of the incidents are connected but I can't be sure. There have been a lot of weird things happening. I'm starting to think that there is someone within the domain." Emma paused to think a moment. "I wonder if the big issue at the last formal court was a set-up." Emma also thought that perhaps Velma had something to do with it but she wasn't sure if it was her hatred for Velma or if Velma really was a very bad egg. After all, Emma's job is reading people but her feelings could skew the readings. "Anyway, back to the Francesco issue. I have all his notes and other stuff. And I kinda still have him." Emma sat and watched Tracy's reaction.

PRE

Tracy quirked an eyebrow at Emma's suggestion. "Hmmm. You think all of this was some inside job?" she asked, wondering what her cousin had in mind. "It would be rather unfortunate if we were to find that someone within the Domain has been collaborating with our enemies." If that was the case, surely they would need to find out who that individual was, and expose them.

Her eyes widened as Emma revealed that she was still in possession of Francesco. Her first thought was to ask the Prince for the right of destruction in order for them to rid themselves of the pest that was Francesco once and for all. However, Tracy considered what Emma had told her that evening. If the poor bastard had been manipulated by another Kindred, perhaps there was more that they could learn from him.

"Well, if your suspicions about him working with someone else are true," said Tracy to Emma, meeting her gaze with her own. "We need to figure out the extent of their relationship, and what they were up to." She paused for a moment, considering all of this information. "We need to get to the bottom of this, once and for all," she said firmly to her cousin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread