Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(1412) Crowley & Gyges

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    E
    Eris

Damascus regarded the Herald’s sudden change in expression with amusement.

Well that was perceptive, though it seems his imagination is running away with him...

The Thyrsus returned his impish grin with an unabashed version of her own as the petite woman settled into an adjacent seat, crossing her leather-bound legs to leave one booted foot dangling casually.

<< I don’t understand, how is he going to recognise you if haven't met? >>

Damascus flicked a quick glance at her familiar who had taken the opportunity to leap from her shoulder and onto the arm of her chair; they now stood on their back legs, front paws raised and long tail extended for balance, with a look of puzzlement playing over their ethereal features. They were going to have another long talk after this meeting was over and another futile attempt on the Thyrsus’ part to convey the ideas of ambiguity to the literally minded spirit. In the mean time the she drew her notebook from her pocket, not noticing that the previously crumpled piece of paper with her number on now lay upon the floor between them. With a pen she quickly conveyed the idea that being recognised could also mean to be formally acknowledged, concealing the gesture as though taking a brief note. Her familiar favoured her with a doubtful look before clambering onto the back of her seat and glancing around the gathering, possibly keeping an eye on that other spirit.

“I go by Damascus and walk the path of Ecstasy.” She conveyed as more life seeped into her grin, amused by the conjunction of such a declaration and whatever lurid fantasy she suspected may have been taking place within the heralds mind.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce stands off a respectable distance from the pair, putting a hand to his mouth and clearing his throat to draw attention.

Once the woman and Crowley acknowledge his presence Truce will nod his head politely to the two. "Hello, Herald. I hope I'm not interrupting. How do you do, Miss? My name is Truce. Would you allow me to join your conversation? I have a question for the Herald here if you can spare the moment." The mannerism is polite and respectful. Truce's eyes seem drawn to the bandanna Crowley wears over his brow as if questioning its purpose. At least the man doesn't appear so thugish in his attire today.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Shaman? Interesting." Crowley struggled to find another comfortable position. "So... what exactly are you seeking? Besides acknowledgement and all that, I mean..."

He would have continued but he had noticed the other fellow -Truce?. From the other session? Yes...

"Sure. Take a seat."

Hell! Why don't I just open a booth and put up a big sign. Crowley's Free Advice and General Bullshit? With effort he squeezed the annoying thought away and waited to see who would pipe up first. Another thought, unbidden: Why not make a presentation and offer it from a tablet? Hmmm...

E
    Eris

“Well that’s a deep question.” The Thyrsus considered her response as the Herald shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “Oh just the usual things, a little place of my own, the right girl... ”

She smiled at the new arrival, suddenly feeling a little underdressed, though she quickly quelled that notion. She was a mage, a willworker, and she would dress however she damn well pleased.

“Truce was it? Damascus.” She would have offered him her hand, but she was comfortable where she was, if her informal attitude bothered him she was certain he could make peace with it.

Turning back to the Herald the Thyrsus considered her immediate concerns.

“I’m just trying to find my feet here at the moment, so if there’s anything I should know about the Concilium or the area, I would appreciate the heads up.” Damascus pondered something else. Her mentor had drummed into her that no one should expect to get something for nothing. Sure she could look at it as the Conicilium gaining another member but that just seemed somehow cheap, and lazy to boot. “If there is something I could do in the meantime to make myself useful let me know. If you need someone to talk to a spirit or swing an axe I’m your girl. Though if you want the latter I’m going to want to know at what and why.”

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

At their acknowledgements, Truce closed the gap between them and took a seat at their table with a soft smile.

"Ah, another newcomer. It seems there is a great deal of change taking place in this city from what I've heard. A pleasure, Damascus. Actually, that's precisely the same matter I wished to ask of you, Crowley," he adds, hearing Damascus's words and looking to the Herald.

"I've been hearing hearsay that confirm what you told me the first time we spoke, about the Lex, the University, and GLO. It sounds like quite a bit to handle and I wanted to ask if there is anything I can do to ease the transition this Consilium is going through. I'm afraid I'm not very experienced with political matters aside from a cursory knowledge of forensic investigation, so I don't think I'd be able to help out with the Lex Magica. I'm not particularly combat oriented, so I'm not sure what I could do against the Banishers at the University. I suppose that was why I volunteered to help out with the GLO investigation, but if you can think of any other tasks that might make use of my knowledge of the Death Arcanum and research or academia, perhaps that might take some of the burdens off others so they can focus on the larger matters."

Truce glances apologetically to Damascus, realizing he's butted into their conversation and spread himself all over it. Still, there is some urgency to resolving the many conflicts the Consilium is going through, so he figures he aught to just reach right in and get his hands dirty.

Emrys

PRE

"Yo Mista Emissary!" The Enchanter called out, announcing his arrival to anyone with functioning ears.

Where Truce may have taken the formal approach, standing to the side and waiting to be acknowledged, Emrys went a totally different direction. He walked up to the Herald's table like a regular at a bar joining his peeps. He turned a chair around and straddled it, resting his arms on the back as he looked to Crowley.

"Need some Heralding done when you get the chance." Finally the Syndic's gaze switched to the new blood. He extends his hand to both of them before announcing his fancy new intro. "I'm Emrys, Enchanter and Syndic of the Free Council."

The confidence in his words made it sound like he had been holding the title for far longer then the eight days since the Assembly gathered.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

What the fuck!?

The Herald's head swivels between three expectant faces.

To Truce: "Um. Maybe talk to Mace who was having some sort of Ghost... thing. She might still be looking for help. There might be other stuff going on, but you'd have to ask around. I can only put together so much from what I hear."

To Damascus: "Right. Shaman. Good with spirits and good to smash things, yo. OK. Right. You'll probably want to catch up with your Councilor, @Idun at some point. Doesn't look like she is here. So [phone number] use this wisely. As far as I know, Jonokuchi, Asp and Animus are the Sentinels - so if you like swinging that axe, maybe speak to one of them. I'm sure they'd like some assistance. Lets see... We got four active Cabals in this Charter; not including the Medstars who are a group of healers who-are-and-are-not-a-Cabal if you get my meaning. The others are Veiled Threats who have a stake in West Sacramento; the Unbound Smoke who are information brokers... and whom I have no idea on how to find, as they're, like, spooks. Or something. Panthera Nox support the Charter and its leadership - seek 'em out in Arden Arcade if you are interested. The Archangels hold down Folsom on the extreme east side of town; don't know why. They are a tough lot of warriors and such... mostly Arrows."

He paused for breath.

"Thats the quick method. By the way, you affiliated with anybody?"

For the moment, the Libertine is focussed on Damascus, powering through the acknowledgement so he can reach Emrys.

E
    Eris

Truce’s interruption had only raised more questions.

Alright, I get that banishers are mages with something broken on the inside and a hard on for magicide, but what the fuck is GLO? A black-light paint?

The question died on her lips as another new arrival steamrolled over their discussion, and the Shaman accepted the offered hand with a slight frown.

“Damascus… ” She responded briefly before turning back to the besieged Herald. There was a difference between not standing on ceremony and being rude. She’d have understood the interruption if he had actually raised an immediate issue, though as he seemed content to sit and wait it made her wonder what the point of such an entrance was. Was that what Syndics did? Was their purpose to delay events in a self-defeating manner?

As she already had her notebook at the ready, the Thyrsus flipped over to a new page and sought to keep up as the Herald began to detail the current situation, and set about jotting down what details seemed relevant. As Crowley ceased his commentary she glanced up from the page before her, now littered with her oversized and cursive scrawl, utterly unintelligible to anyone unfamiliar with hiragana. The ink was a little smudged and some had transferred to her hand, but that was just one of the perks of being a south-paw.

“Well I try to make a point of not always using the blunt approach, though it often cuts to the heart of the matter.” She didn’t actually have an axe with her, it would have seemed a little conspicuous strapped to the back of a speeding motorcycle, never mind what it could do were she involved in an accident or if she hit a pothole. The Bowie knife she had concealed beneath the helm in her bike's storage would have to suffice for the time being.

“If you mean an order, then not currently no.” If he wanted more information than that then he could just up and ask her about it. She was reluctant to give away just how little interaction she’d exchanged with other willworkers in the past. Though her mentor had given her the broad strokes concerning concilium structure and order ideologies, he’d been reluctant to go into any great detail. Old wounds of his own she suspected.

“Right; Idun, Sentinels. Anything else I should know, like whatever this GLO stuff is?”

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce shoots a glare at the informal, if not outright rude arrival of another individual seeking the Herald's counsel. Truce looks at the extended hand a moment before reluctantly shaking it. "Truce, Moros Independent Apostate," he replies in a cold-edged monotone, not bothering to mask his disapproval. "Seems there are many members of the Free Council in this city," he remarks.

No wonder there is so much turmoil and disorganization in the city. Where is the Silver Ladder to direct order? he wonders before returning his gaze to Crowley.

"You say that the Madam Provost needs assistance with a Ghost? Very well, I think that directs my course quite clearly. Thank you for your time, Herald." Truce remains for a moment as Crowley addresses the others and overhears the mention of Panthera Nox being regarded as a sort of leading body. He made a note to seek them out in the near future after he developed a better understanding of the situation in Sacramento.

To Damascus, Truce says, "Regarding the GLO issue, I know that the Mages, Miach and Bishop, are involved in the investigation. It's supposed to be some sort of Supernal linked substance with addictive qualities, but beyond that I don't know much. Best of luck to you if you decide to follow that lead, Damascus. If you'll excuse me, I believe I see Mace over there."

Truce begins to walk off but stops, looking back to Damascus. "Actually, it seems that she's speaking with that very same Bishop I mentioned. If you like you could accompany me to meet them?" he offers the woman. She is a fellow Apostate after all, so he could understand the discomfort of finding a place within the Consilium.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Thats about it. I'll give you my [number] in case you wish to talk further at a later point."

Crowley remained silent. If they wished to follow up on the GLO investigation, Truce had already offered the best means of jumping on that bandwagon.

"There are a few of us, yes," the Herald replies regard the question of the Free Council. "Always happy to include more voters, if you are interested."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread