(SN 2014) Lynn and Coco

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

A moue of disappointment greeted Alex's words, but a grin alighted again upon her lips as Lynn chimed in.

"A good suggestion! Thank you, dear Lynn! And perhaps the problem has simply been where I've been shopping. Perhaps I should look for something more akin to your amour, there," she mused, gesturing to the Nightsinger's fiddle. "Not that I mean to imply such a beautiful instrument is merely fashion, but you must admit, it is quite fashionable, just as it exquisitely made."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Lynn Mills

"Not that I mean to imply such a beautiful instrument is merely fashion, but you must admit, it is quite fashionable, just as it exquisitely made."

Lynn flinched. She couldn't help it and for the briefest moment pain and grief shone clearly in her eyes. She covered it by turning to take a drink and by the time she looked back her face had settled back into a smile appropriate for the party atmosphere. Clearing her throat she smiled at Coco, not realizing that the hand resting on her fiddle had gone white knuckled with strain. "That might be a good idea my dear, although I would be careful of where you shopped. It could be that the cost of of what you seek would be far higher than you know at first."

Look to that which you hold my dear, for your husband has never left your side!

Lynn cleared her throat again and looked between the two sitting at her table. "I'm sorry Alex, I interrupted you. You were about to tell us about your study?" It was a transparent attempt to change the subject.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex blinked in surprise as the ladies conversed and undercurrents rose to the surface. He didn't know what to name them, but he suddenly wandered if seeking out that drink wasn't such a bad idea afterall....

Instead, he took the hint to provide a change of subject. "Uh, It's not much to say? It's a study on populations of different bird species common to the area with three different questions we want to answer with the data. Are the populations shifting with the climate, are their any species that might become endangered, and whether already endangered species are experiencing population Growth or decrease. It's mostly the kind of stuff that they make college interns and volunteers do, but I get to supervise this time." He grinned, clearly proud, then shifted in his seat looking for a clock.

"So, How Long does this run? Should I worry about how long the Winter Queen will be taking pledges?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Not that I'm trying to get rid of you, Aladdler, but it never serves to keep royalty waiting. Perhaps it would be best to attempt your pledge now? I'll tell you what! I'll have a few drinks waiting for you to try when you get back. Lynn and I can pick out quite an assortment, I think," Coco mused, shooting a conspiratorial smile the musician's way.

"Besides, I think I see mon amour over at the bar. I should introduce the three of you! I have a feeling you would quite like her. A practitioner of the arts, fond of birds, it's perfect! Except that she's been talking about getting a noisy one, lately, and truthfully I really do not think it's such a good idea,"
    the Claviger shared, leaning in closer to her conversationalists.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Lynn Mills

Lynn nodded in agreement with Coco's words. "Yes, they don't tend to stay around long when they're here to accept pledges. I'd get it done while you still have the chance, otherwise you'll have to wait a whole season before you get the next chance. Although that would be with Spring, if that makes a difference."

Raising one eyebrow, she glanced over at Coco, a twisted grin crossing her face. "Yes, I most certainly would like to meet the lady worthy of your attentions. She must be remarkable." Lynn sipped her drink and looked as innocent as possible. "And have excellent stamina."

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Okay then. That was - That was - Alex glanced between Coco, Lynn, and the Woman indicated at the bar. Why had Lynn mentioned stamina? The Windwing tried to shake off the images crowding his head (and maybe the faint read glow coming into his cheeks too) then stood.

"I'll take your advice, I'll Go take the pledge - Spring might be more personally significant, but I like being prompt - and meet you two at the bar." Still fairly flustered, he left the table and fled straight for the Winter Queen's table.

Alex leaves this scene to go to make his pledge.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, I would comment, but that would be telling, now wouldn't it?" Coco replied, her crimson brows quirking at the mischievous musician. "Such would besmirch the honor of my lady, and I would never do that," she continued, smile turning wry.

After all, if there was one thing Coco liked to talk about, it was her own prowess and accomplishments.

"But! Why don't I just introduce the two of you now? Then you can find out for yourself! Come, we can order more drinks while we're there!"
    And, with that, the Claviger was off, heading for the bar.

Re-joining the main thread!

Lynn Mills

Lynn follows Coco

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread