Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Two Beasts, One Gift

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

This Hollow scene follows on immediately from Late Night Shopping

Once the evening had wound down and Terri had seen off the last of her customers, she had removed her heels so as to tidy up her stall barefoot, quite happy to feel the wooden floorboards under each delicate step. Gloves were replaced, scarves folded neatly and cash locked away. Her notes on certain potential clients were zipped in her portfolio and as she waited for Malory Grey , Terri got out her notebook and a pencil, before tying back her hair into a bun, readying herself for work. It was always exciting when it came to the challenge of designs, especially when it was hedgespinning, which was was Terri's forte and full of surprises every single time.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

G
    Greebs

It was remarkably hard work killing time in a retail establishment, when you had little money, and even less interest in buying anything. Fortunately, Mal's 'Forge Survival Kit' book, and skin thick enough to completely disregard all the strange looks helped.

Having the decency and the foresight to grab two cups of Coffee before everything shut down for the night... well... how decent it was depended on if Terri was wont to imbibe, but damnit, she was making an effort.

Padding the boards near silently in her own soft-soled, rubberised-sock style footwear, the teeny Hunterheart returned to Treetop fashions. "Hi Terri, I brought Coff..." she cocked her head to one side, squinting in studious puzzlement. Something was... different. She'd tied her hair back, big deal. But she seemed... petite-er.

"Have you got... shorter since I last saw you?" Mal asked, in the tone of someone who accepted their conclusion was insane, made no sense, but, having been reached by a process of elimination, was the only one left.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri looked up as Mal returned, and couldn't help but chuckle at her puzzlement. One foot raised up to rest without any effort on the counter. Five toes wiggled.

"Removed my shoes," she chirped, lowing the foot once again. "I love fashion but it can be a painful adoration. Want to try them on?"

Eyeing up the coffee, Terri didn't grab one immediately. For all she knew, the Sacramento's grumpasaurus might just be really thristy. The note pad was adjusted as the pencil spun between fingers.

"So, a Christmas present for Ava? What kind of gift were you thinking of?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

G
    Greebs

Mal raised an eyebrow as Terri raised a leg, and realisation soon dawned.

She really did hate being short. She was sure being five-foot-nothing, a hundred-and-nothing had an awful lot to do with her apparent inability to be taken seriously by anyone, ever... Morgan excepted... the idea held a certain appeal. But her practical mindset said no. Shoes that were actually painful to wear seemed a beyond stupid idea.

It's not like faking a few extra inches would really turn her life around anyway. Though it was nice to dream for a moment or two...

Then there was the other problem. "No thanks..." she mumbled, "They probably would not fit anyway... I do not really do shoes per-se..." stupid, freaky, malformed, hybrid, doggy feet...

She put the second coffee on the table, and pushed it away. The dreaded Grumpawocky really did mean to share. Terri was, however much she enjoyed it, doing her a favour - one she may regret before they were through!

Here it comes the 'what do you want, Mal?'... It's awkwardness all the way down from here! "I am not sure." she said, her eyes doing the wandering dance of those seeking inspiration, or perhaps just desperately avoiding eye contact. "She has been... off, lately. Weird... Something is bothering her and she can't... or won't tell me what it is."

"With you being Autumn Court and... being so good at being everyone's friend... I hoped we could figure out something she would like. Something to distract her from her troubles, if only a little... and... if there is more magic to Hedgespinning than just being snazzy... Maybe keep her safe if anything happens..."

There was little risk of being overheard speaking so openly, even if the place weren't closed down for the night the way Mal was mumbling into the tabletop. She really was terrible at being anything but snarky or a grouch.

Description

PRE

The concern that Mal had for her friend was heartwarming, a sign that there was more to the Iron Adjutant than the attitude she always threw about. Perhaps it was a defence mechanism, a way to get over what had happened to her in Arcadia. Seeing this side of Malory is why Terri went out of her way to ensure she was nice to as many people as she could. To save one soul, to give hope and to open up even the toughest nuts to crack was what the Blackbird's were all about.

A smile of understanding and for a moment it looked as if Terri was about to place a comforting hand somewhere on Mal's person but instead she accepted the coffee and took a sip. Too early for that.

"I'm pretty sure I can come up with something to help," she began, placing down the cup and making a note on the pad. It said protection. "Naturally, armour would be a good start but with Hedgespinning, it must actually look like what we want. So, if you wanted Ava to be protected just in case, then the design would have to be armour-ish."

Armour-ish? Is that a word? Terri pressed on regardless.

"However, if you wanted a piece of clothing to help protect her, then a leather coat would help. Otherwise, I could make a pair of pants that helped her move more impressively or even a pair of gloves that would encourage her to act faster when in danger. How does that sound?"

For now, Terri did not make any comment about Ava's odd behaviour. That was a more pressing matter but for now, she focused on the gift, working backwards towards the problem.

G
    Greebs

Mal shook her head, "No armour. I am worried, but I want to get her something... nice. I do not think she would appreciate a flak jacket. Even a snazzy one..."

"Maybe a scarf, or one of those... um... Poncho-sweater things, that just so happens to make her harder to find..." she said, wondering aloud. Ava seemed to like her clothing loose and baggy. It sounded like her sort of thing... if it helped her stay out of trouble altogether, that was even better than protecting her when she got into it.

Even if Mal's inner critic was certain even the ninja-est ninja still needed to be prepared in the event they got caught...

Description

PRE

More notes are made, a smile on her face at Mal's idea. She knew her friend better than Teri did, so if she wanted a poncho, a poncho she would get. With a Terri-twist, naturally.

"Awesome, that's a great start! Now, I know that this is a weird question but what colour do you think would suit Ava? The reason I ask is when it comes to ingredients, it's not an exact science. The end effect will have to come from the ingredients and the overall recipe but when it comes to colour, it helps to blend in dyes that won't get in the way."

G
    Greebs

Mal's face pinched in concentration. The Wolf's mental impression of Ava was made up of a lot of things. Sounds... smells... it really took focus and effort to unpic the purely visual from that.

"She... er... I am not sure."

It took even more for the fashionably disinclined hunterheart to try and find trends within this. Things she would be confident to wager on, rather than just guesses or shit she may have just made up.

"She wears dark colours, mostly...? Greys, navy, brown...?"

She had vague recollections of how fussy Ava had been looking for something 'just right' ahead of that 1920s themed party where... they had danced... she started to colour just thinking about that memory... Even while the thought caused a gnawing dread that there were in fact wrong choices she was at risk of making here.

"Or... Autumn stuff, I guess?" she said with a shrug. "I am not being very much help, I know..." she said guiltily. Though honestly, she had expected that. Mal wouldn't have come begging for Terri's help if she'd had a clue!

Description

PRE

"It's perfectly fine, Mal I get the idea." Indeed, there was already an image building in her mind. Simple cotton, brought together with mist from a pre-dawn morning, cloaking Ava in a fog that obscures her from the senses.

Her pen darted across the notepad, sketching here and there.

"I'm thinking mist, grey and damp, capable of covering Ava when needed. If need be, it could also be used to instill some fear, to ward off potential attackers. Think serial killer in the fog!"

G
    Greebs

"Do... you think she would like that?" Mal asked, a little uncertain. She knew Ava was Autumn-Court to the bone, but Serial killers in the fog seemed a little...

Well, a little badass, really... but would Ava appreciate that?

"Sounds cold and soggy... and a little grim..."

Mal trusted Terri knew best. She had come to her because she was vastly more experienced at doing nice things for people, and they had the 'Nice Autumn Courtier' thing in common, but she didn't want to let her concerns about a non-specific (potentially non-existant!) threat to her friends safety lead her to fuck this up. At heart she wanted a nice-present-that-might-be-useful, rather than an useful-present-that-might-be-nice...

Who the hell was this mushball, and what did she do with the real Malory Grey?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread