Ended
Watch

Theatre of Lights

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    C
    Cross

Nothing wrong with old-fashioned, indeed. Wexler had his way, and while he didn't give a fuck what other people thought about it, it was good to know that this boy understood the way people used to do things.

He nodded to the big mountain's words, and when L'aire addressed him over her shoulder, he replied, "Portland, most recently. Seattle before that. Guess I been travellin' the coast where work and... profession take me. How 'bout you? You been around here a bit, or you newer to town?"

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Something back in the alley? That didn't sound good. He didn't like how easily the Mountain seemed to be dismissing it. Either he wasn't telling them everything or... But then his whole life had been pure paranoia fodder, so what did he know?

"What do you think you saw, exactly?" he asked the guy while taking a look behind them. His right hand searched his pocket reflexively. Unsurprisingly, it found nothing.

"Hmm?" He realizes Chris is answering his question and turns back to him. "Oh, that's great. I think I'll be trying my luck here too — such as it is. I don't know what I'll be doing around here quite yet, but I'll figure something out." He looks straight at him with a thoughtful expression. "You need help with anything?"

3. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Hobs. Something. Eh just junk piled up the wrong way."

The mountain grumbled, a note of irritation in his voice, directed at himself. He did his best t focus on the dioramas and the happy, happy, mundanes that surrounded them.

It didn't help.

5. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

The Dancer wants him around? Maybe we could have another not-quite-a-date, then... or an actual one. That would be better.

Kyle begins to wonder if the mountain man is seeing things or seeing things. Violence and evading Hedge creatures is not at the top of his list for a good evening. He offers some words of consolation. "Yeah, that's probably all it was. Its all these lights and things playing tricks on the eyes." Then again, Kyle was probably the only one having difficulty with the lights.

"That's what I'm talkin about, man!" He grins at the Hunterheart. It's all he can do to not high five him on the spot."Nothin really going on right now... just wouldn't mind collaborating, ya know? If something comes up."

7. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire got the emphasis on Wexler’s profession, but she didn’t quite understand what he meant by that. Something she’d have to ask more details on later.

“Oh, well, I returned not long ago this past year. I went… places.” Pausing, it was a secret, but not a secret of why she went. “But, before I moved to Sacramento the first time, I traveled with the Cirque del Soleil.” The Fairest said the famous high flying and contortion act nonchalantly.

The Onyx Dancer had a quizzical look on her brow. “So they were there, or not there?” She gently asked, Green’s answer was slightly confusing, at least to her. At least he was watchful, if anything. How could the mountainous man not see the world from a different view.

The Fairest didn’t know what to contribute to the convo at this point, so randomly she asked. “Are you going to stop, collaborate and listen?” Biting her bottom lip, blushing and then realizing how ridiculous that was.

“Sorry, that was really… really… “ She trailed off and suddenly looked at another advertisement in lights, it was for the Roto-Rooter company. Nothing but the sign and lights framing it. It looked as lame as she felt. That was seriously stupid L'aire, so stupid.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He wasn't appeased in the slightest by the Mountain's answer. He kept shooting looks all around them, half-expecting an army of murderous hobs to jump from the shadows. Just what I needed.

"You traveled with a circus?" He asked L'aire, a hint of surprise in his voice. "You must've been around. Anywhere interesting?"

His tone was rather disinterested when he asked the last question. Maybe a little too disinterested. He was surprised no one had picked up on his curiosity when it came to who had been where. But then, he was pretty sure the others weren't quite as paranoid as he was.

"I've no doubt Chris will collaborate and listen." He had noticed Sasha's embarrassment. How adorable. He gave her a meaningful look. "He's got motivation. As for me, well, history shows I suck at it, but I may have picked up a few things in boot camp. Guess we'll have to wait and see."

He shrugged and tried to distract himself with the light show. It had just occurred to him that maybe the mountain guy was just as unhinged as he was — or used to be. No reason to lower his guard, but it really wasn't a comforting thought.

10. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

OOC: This thread has been going on for over a month. Let's try wrapping it up by next week

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

I"m good for that

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle doesn't know if L'aire is attempting to be funny, but he can't help himself. He laughs, turning his head away a bit as he does.

"Oh man... Vanilla Ice. Takes me back. " He clears his throat and composes himself a bit, looking at Sasha and hoping he didn't embarrass her. "Nathan's right, though." He briefly looks at each of the assembled group. "If you guys need help with anything... let me know. Not a doctor, per se, but I'm good at patchin' people up."

Kyle will exchange phone numbers with anyone who wants to and then either finish seeing the lights with L'aire or head out. I figured I would jump in line so that I could give peeps an option to close with.

S
    Sasha

L’aire snickered, at least Kyle wasn’t trying to make her feel as stupid as she felt.

Nodding to Nathan, even though he still sort of irritated her, she shrugged as she responded. “Well, several places in the US of course. A lot of Europe, Russia, Japan. Some of it was a blur though, we didn’t have a lot of time for sight seeing.” A slight regret in her voice, but that was how it was travelling with a troupe.

The Fairest saw some lights turning off here and there across the way in the department stores. Furrowing her brow a moment, she sighed. “Looks like they’re probably closing it up soon.”

Her arm still in the Muse’s, L’aire leaned in and asked. “Uh, do you need a ride home or someplace?” Her eyes widened slightly, again forgetting not to over do it on his blindness. “I mean, not that you didn’t get here without trouble and that you’re not perfectly capable of getting home yourself. But, I just thought…”

I’d be nice and totally turn it into a complete blunder as per usual.

Yup, ready to wrap it up

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.