DISPLAYED
(Sac Noir) Council at the Nox

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Tonight the Nox was alive! Some of the best DJ's of the coast strutted their stuff to the young things that moved in time. Electronica thrummed and pulsed through the building, a basal noise that beat like a great heart loud enough to be heard, muffled, in the Elysian Field below. The energy provided a backdrop to the meeting that took place beneath the kine's feet, where the Beautiful (and not so beautiful) Dead gathered to plot and plan.

A time of reckoning had come.

It had begun with Peter Baldwin and a few other kindred, stumbling on a beating in a neglected part of the city. The victim had been a reporter - a photographer - who with his partner had uncovered the corrupt practices of a businessman with new interests in the city. Baldwin had seen off the thugs and placed the reporter under his protection. In return, the Haunt had laid claim to the full story, which escalated to involve land deals, development contracts and the emergence of a new merchant bank, Ptah and Cole.

The new bank was to be housed in a complex that used the old site of the famous local landmark, the Four Seasons Hotel, which had been laid low in a terrible accident. The complex was almost complete now - an artfully curved building framing a plaza whose centre piece was an impressive fountain incorporating a pyramid. A group of kindred investigators, including Baldwin, had discovered that there was much more to the complex than met the eye: the pyramid was not a water feature, but the capstone of a larger complex underground. To what purpose, they did not know.

The businessman, called Khan, had associates. They too, were deeply involved in the business of the rising bank. They included silent partners such as Jed Carson, a dandy and media owner from L.A and Nicodemous Georgiou, the ravaged remains of a Greek playboy; the CEO - Elizabeth Cole; and her "consultant" Nefertiti Khan, allegedly a cousin to Khan the businessman. Having met Nefertiti, some kindred highly doubt that connection.

Another group had "discovered" Nefertiti Khan and her associates by chance. Capitalising on the opportunity, Chris Wooding Vivian York and Michael Travis had gone to treat with the enigmatic woman and discovered that she was much more than a simple consultant. That she was, in fact, a night creature of some age, who apparently knew of the existence of Vampires. That Nefertiti was moving openly did not appear to phase her; that she saw fit to bring Kindred into a closer alliance also appeared possible, given the path the meeting had taken. Nefertiti Khan clearly saw no problem with "acquiring" Vampire retainers through "tribute". Chris had worked an angle and now Nefertiti was to come to the Crone Temple for a follow up meeting. Soon.

While the Hierophant had parlayed, another group had sought to describe the extent of the enigmatic being's influence. Khan's associates had had suites in all the major hotels of the city until a series of events had caused them to cluster at the Citizen hotel. Nefertiti also had holdings out in Florin (a guarded storage facility) and Mather (a rural property). Peter Baldwin Josephine Sterling Max Heinz and Velma Star had raided the Mather property and through a series of fortuitous events, had completely cleaned it out: guards, information and precious objects. Discussing their finds later at a safe house, the little clique had uncovered enough information to suggest that Nefertiti was old but not one of their own kind, and that she could do things that were... beyond the pale... in pursuit of her goals.

And so the revelations tumbled forth, ever quicker as layer upon layer of conspiracy was peeled back. The throbbing tempo oozing through the building quickened the Blood as implications became clearer to see. Nefertiti Khan and her associates were making a move to the city; a move centred on the new Bank of Ptah and Cole. Nefertiti had a near cult like following (although of what size no one knew) and had material ready at her disposal for whatever plans she had in motion.

What to do?

Cross Selena Cayce Dark Passenger Travisc06489 Mykel

OK. Over to you. Rather than spend a month running an info dump, I've dropped an abridged version here so you can jump right into plotting and scheming. You'll note that not everything is included >:-) So if you wish to add some information or observations of your own, do so in your posts. :P

For reference, I've written this scene assuming the characters have gathered in a meeting room at the Nox Elysian Field. It would make a perfect neutral venue to such discussions in my opinion, especially with the roles some of the interest parties now have in the Domain.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Lord Baldwin was deathly still in his chair that night at the meeting, his black-on-black suit oddly and funereally appropriate for the horror that had occurred at the safehouse his Orchestra and Khan's stolen men had been guarding. Such success, up until that point; now, men were dead. Not that the Priscus of Haunts had chosen his colours as a dirge for the fallen - no, he'd hired mercenaries, rough men willing to defend a location with lethal force for the right price. The odds of a strike were low, but the odds were there. They'd taken their chances and the dice had come up snake eyes.

Once, Peter Baldwin might have mourned the dead. That instinct was gone from him, long consumed by the Beast. He understood a truth of their world that few did - sometimes, pawns had to die to take enemy pawns off the board. He'd lost resources, but so too had Nefertiti Khan; surely, her well-trained trio and his allies had given them whatfor.

Angel Ducard and Nolan Rhoads had been summoned to the meeting and introduced as new Nosferatu looking to make a contribution to the emergent situation. As the summary of information finished, Peter Baldwin's eyes flicked from each to each.

"I received call minutes before dawn indicating contact with a paramilitary force. The men I summoned to defend the house and the guards I bloodbound are dead, and the objects we recovered from Mather are almost certainly gone," Lord Baldwin summarized, his tone flat and analytical. "Yet, we have options to pursue. What are the particulars of the meeting you set up, Reeve Wooding?"

That it was to occur was one thing. Details mattered.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian sat there, dressed for business in a vintage twist suit complimented by hound’s-tooth leather gloves and shoes . She had a few changes of clothes in the car if necessary.

The Daeva sat next to the Reeve, tonight’s meeting didn’t seem the sort to care where anyone sat. The selection of individuals was diverse with the exception of one. One thing that was beneficial was the use of several disguising their Beasts in the room, but it was a false sense of security. There seemed to be only one she needed to worry about for now.

For now, and yet again, she would let the Reeve handle the details of the set up. Normally she would be damned if she sat on the sidelines, but, at any rate, after Chris went through the details she would offer her thoughts on the matter.

What she reallywanted to know is if not so shadowy Shadow was at all useful to them. Considering he was useless at being covert, perhaps he at least paid attention to the on goings of Nefertiti and what was going on behind closed doors. Vivian had plentyto say, but would at least wait until those who seemed to be in charge spoke first.

A
    Angel Ducard

In I walk to the meeting room, with no fanfair or preamble. I walk in like i belong, because I do, even if those in front of me don't know it yet. In my left hand I carry a briefcase, leather bound with a combination lock. Nothing austentation, just a simple black case. I make my way to a seat, down I sit and my legs smoothly cross. First and formost, I look to Vivian, "I love your suit." I whisper to Vivian before moving to all business.

"Priscus Baldwin, Reeve Wooding, Vivian. Good evening to you all. How can I help?"

My clothing tonight does not work with the atmosphere outside this room, but within it, I blend it just fine, all business. I wear my white and black business suit, the jacket fits my figure perfectly as it should as I had it tailored. The blouse underneath, well that is my mystery, and I will not reveal it yet. With a few clicks my briefcase is opened and out comes my laptop. Open it goes and on it powers.

PRE

At one time Josephine would have thought this meeting to be distasteful in the extreme. Insulting, even. Territory was not just geographical. It was ideological. Something like the Khan affair, this encounter with preternatural beings and their machinations in the city, that certainly qualified as her territory, in Josephine's mind. The others (Baldwin, Heinz, and the Reeve excluded) were merely interlopers. Bumbling children who knew not what they trifled with, and thus they were not welcome in the Lady's eyes. Yet, due to recent events it had become clear that such children would be necessary as sacrifices. Khan was a dangerous, powerful being. One with dread allies, or dread masters, and Josephine was not deluded when it came to her own mortality. Thus it was necessary to have certain -- associates to help alleviate the brunt of Khan's wrath from her as the affair progressed, she grudgingly decided.

Thus, in the light of this decision, the strange, monochromatic woman's question was most ironic. Such a question would never be answered truthfully. Josephine's lips curled into an amused smile and she drew a phrase in Aramaic upon her notepad, the nib of her pen flowing swiftly: Let us also go, that we may die, the corpse sayeth.

"Why don't you begin by telling me your name," Josephine suggested, looking up from her notepad.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

As a new face enters the meeting, Max remains seated; a mass of tussled hair and a rumpled suit that seems to sink into the chair more with each passing moment. Khan and her associates were a problem the Domain had to deal with now; before this unknown creature could spread her corruption further within the city. The question was, how?

Everything their group had learned indicated Khan was something beyond themselves; a creature as far removed from them as they were from the Kine. Max usually wasn't one for suicide missions; but that had at least seemed like an option once before. A desperate bid to save the city from ruination. Now, he wasn't even sure that would work.

He and the three Kindred that had raided the house in Mather had managed to learn a little more about Khan's motivations, and tantalizing clues about her true nature; but there were gaps. Like holes cut into the fabric of a painting, their absence obscured the greater picture. Hopefully, the Reeve and those who had met with Khan face-to-face could provide those missing pieces and allow the assembled Kindred to formulate a plan for dealing with the crisis.

For now, all Max can do is sit and wait for the Reeve to begin the meeting. He glances to Baldwin as the man reports the unfortunate turn of events, offering a solemn nod to the man. The news of the safehouse's destruction wasn't unexpected, but it was disturbing none the less. If Khan could find the Priscus' hiding place, how long until she found the ones that brought her items there? How close were he and the others to going to sleep one morning and not waking up that night?

It's a small but welcome consolation that so many of those gathered here tonight are either Cloaked, familiar to the Shadow, or both. The growling, gnawing instinct in the back of Max's mind turns and twists in the presence of other Kindred, but it is quickly soothed. Almost as if the Beast could sense there was a greater threat to its existence than the predators that currently surrounded it.

S
    Shepard

When Lord Baldwin had mentioned engagement in an investigation Nolan had not expected to be included so soon, yet here he sat. The others were in suits and other high fashion, but Nolan had opted for more functional clothing. Boots, dark jeans, and a red long sleeved shirt and vest.

The destruction of the safehouse suggested this would become more than an investigation. Attack on physical territory, the loss of assets; that was a call for warfare. If the Reeve made such a decision, Nolan would have no qualms in participating

Rather than speak, Nolan waited for more detail and the formulation of a plan. If he could help, he would offer. Till then, he sat quietly.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Reeve Chris Wooding stayed silent for a moment. This get-together of all involved parties was most necessary, especially since the meeting with Nefertiti Khan would be soon. Somewhere during the collective summary of all the gathered information, Chris had removed his jacket and loosened his tie, giving him his good old casual look. This was hardly a formal meeting, and more an urgent war-gathering called to answer one question: how to kill the ancient with magical powers.

The news Peter Baldwin told them was most distressing, Chris had hoped to be able to take a look at the materials. But at least the man brought back-up. 'I will get to that shortly.' He replies to Baldwin with a nod.

First, the new arrivals. He ignores the way Josephine greets them, or, commands them rather. So Chris politely smiles, 'Thank you joining us. You're both new arrivals, but it's good to see you're already willing to help the Domain in this case.' He makes an inviting gesture, hoping they would introduce themselves. Then they can start the actual planning.

'So the meeting, yes. It is very simple. As soon as I figured out that Nefertiti practices ancient beliefs, I told her I was the Hierophant of Sacramento. I invited her to come the temple of the Circle of the Crone so we could worship the deities of the old. I would be honored to have her, and she could even teach me to become a better priest.'

A short pause, that's all he discussed with the woman.

'I honestly believe she doesn't suspect anything. I told her I had a neutral position in this City. Especially when I heard she wanted to kill you, Lord Baldwin, I knew I had to play on her side.' He's not sure how the Haunt will react to that. He doesn't tell that Michael Travis tried to have him killed extra early. Unknowingly or not. 'So she will come, I will start a ritual with some of my Acolytes. Then ideally there are some obfuscated reinforcements nearby. She's a threat, and this whole organization seems to be built around her alone. She can be eliminated without further questioning. How exactly? We'll get to that in a minute.'

Some people might have thing or two to say, now is their chance.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
    A
    Angel Ducard

I give the woman I do not know a small wink, after all, I wouldn't dare interrupt the Reeve.

"Reeve Wooding, we have not been introduced yet. I am Angel Ducard, Private Detective by trade, Clan Nosferatu by embrace. The noble Priscus of my blood," I bow my head to Priscus Baldwin, "Has recommended that my skillset as an Investigator may be of help. I have been tasked with researching as to what type of supernatural being this Kahn woman is. Do you have any other tasks or pieces of information you wish me to hunt for?

And there it is, I have put myself out in the open to the second highest ranking Kindred in the City. My Master is stiring in his urn right now I am sure...

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin smirked as the Reeve justified his dangling, leaning back in his chair with a dark chuckle. "Not to worry, Reeve Wooding, I wouldn't be much of a Knight if there wasn't at least a few things wanting to kill me," he said. Then, suddenly, he straightened, a cruel smile crossing his face. "But I am led to understand that Michael Travis has burned my Line in a show of complete idiocy. Are you expecting him this evening? He and I have something to... discuss. Interfering in the Order of the Thorned Wreath's capacity to do its business..." He made a little 'tut tut' sound. He left the rest unsaid.

Maybe it was just the Menace lending horror to his words, or maybe, just maybe, the Lord Priscus of Clan Nosferatu intended to hurt the turncoat Shadow who had admitted his crime.

Then, as if it had never happened, Peter Baldwin gestured to Nolan Rhoads and Angel Ducard. "Yes," he added after Angel introduced herself. "Ms. Ducard here and Mr. Rhoads of the Lancea Sanctum have sought to make themselves useful to the Blood and the Domain. I understand Mr. Rhoads has some talent for violence that may be of service."

He looked to Heinz and Sterling.

"While I was handling the... adjustment to Nefertiti Khan's guards to our side and made arrangements for the defense of the building..." Understatement of the century. "Mr. Heinz and Priscus Sterling examined the items. I'll leave it to them to summarize what they found."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread