Ended
Watch

(1412) Peter and Daniella

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin's head cocked just slightly to the right, the ten-degree angle that reflected interest. Consideration. Opportunity, perhaps, for the newcomer before him?

"Temporal affairs, as it turns out, are something of a specialty of mine."

If by temporal affairs, he meant 'stabbing people temporarily until they died'.

"Mr. Durand, why don't you go ahead and enjoy your evening tonight as it winds down toward a close, and give me a call tomorrow night? I think we could talk all about temporal affairs in private, particularly the ones that may be an opportunity for you to advance yourself here in the Invictus Domain of Sacramento."

He produced a card and offered it to the other Haunt. Upon it was a telephone number.

Julian accepted the offered card with a friendly smile and a nod of thanks. He bit back the automatic thank you, he'd expressed his verbal appreciation repeatedly; and Julian didn't want to cross the line between courteousness and grovelling. "I'll do just that. I look forward to speaking with you tomorrow, Priscus Baldwin. I hope the rest of your evening is pleasant."

The young Haunt paused for a moment, both to give his Priscus a chance to respond and to process the information he'd been given. Sacramento was Invictus territory, apparently. Perhaps that explained the 'Alder' prefix the Prince was using? The leader of his Clan had seemed interested with the information he'd volunteered, and he thought that boded well. The most likely inference seemed to be that Baldwin had ties to the Invictus in the Domain, given the way he had phrased his reply. Alternatively, he might be Carthian, particularly if he construed 'opportunities for advancement in this Invictus Domain' as 'ways for outsiders to not get ashed'.

In either case, tonight had gone pretty much as well as he could have hoped. He'd been given the tick of approval to feed in a pretty wide area, he had met the leader of his Clan and perhaps even opened the door to building a more solid social foundation for his stay in Sacramento. And, perhaps most importantly, nobody had tried to stake him yet. A pretty good start, all things considered.

Unless Peter wishes to discuss something further, Julian politely takes his leave and returns to the main court

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin nodded. "You as well, Mr. Durand."

End scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread