Ended
Watch

Sparks against the Dark

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

Well, that was... a mixed blessing. Albeit, with no territories to worry about violating, there was little reason to leave and it might even be easier to join a pack, as Allison had wisely pointed out. But how they were talking about the Pure didn't paint a pretty picture. Things didn't look good when all these probably more experienced Uratha were having problems dealing with the Pure. It was like Allison said, any help would be useful in this situation.

"Hmmm? Yeah, fairly new myself. But if you fellows need resources, I might be able to help. I know a couple politicians here. Probably more important to you guys, though, is that I know a weapons dealer or two. I might be able to find out what they're using, if they go through my guy, or perhaps commission some weapons of my own. And as for packs, I'm willing to work with anyone who'll have me."

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale let out a soft chuckle at Allison's response, offering the younger Rahu a quick wink. "Well met, little sister," he offered in response, a grin forming across his lips. Even if they weren't truly related by blood, she was not only one of the People, but she was also Suthar Anzuth. Thus, she was a sister-in-arms nonetheless. "My pack has claimed some territory outside of Sacramento for the time being," he said as he turned to address Databite. "We have laid claim to Clarksburg, which is southwest from Sacramento."

As Allison asked about packs looking for new recruits, the Rahu nodded his head in response. "Luna's Fury is actively seeking new blood to join our ranks," he said to her, offering her a confident smile. "Anyone interested, can reach out to me." He turned his predatory gaze to the other newcomers, just to indicate that he was open to hearing from any of them in regards to the matter.

"We are a small pack for now, but we've got our own turf, and a Totem to guide us," he added as an afterthought.

O
    Odentin

Allison nods to Dale and begins patting her pockets in turn, searching for something. She finally finds what it is she is looking for in the small shoulder pocket of her jacket. She pulls a small stack of business cards from the pocket and shuffles one off of the top, offering it to Dale, "Here. Reaching out." The card refers to a small boxing gym in southern Sacramento, and on the back is handwriting, done in a hand unfamiliar with writing neatly, but trying so hard nonetheless.

Allison Hunt
    Personal Trainer and Boxing Instructor

It also includes a personal phone number for her. She offers a card to representatives of the other tribes present, just in case.

T
    Tre

Well were here to meet and great, to source out what skills we have and hopefully find a pack that’s looking for our little nitch.
    “So, Skull-Splitter, how small is your pack and what spirit are you bonded with?”

“Oh and as to the stuff I need, I can pay for pretty much all of it myself. I just need to find it for the most part. Some of what I’m looking for will draw to many eyes if its bough outright, so it might be better for some of it to fall off the back of a truck if you know what I mean.”

Newly returned to Sacramento and out for a jog to size up the landscape (after checking in with certain members of the herd about trivial details like 'employment'), Elaine Ganz is decked out in a blood red and black tracksuit, as per her habit of avoiding cool colors. The well-muscled woman gets a load of a rather peculiar gathering of folks in the park, and scans the faces of those assembled to see if she recognizes anyone.

"Hello there," she intones in her smoky voice.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel simply listens, mostly. Not like his Pack needs recruits - they've got a pretty kick-ass line-up right now. And in war different divisions need to be at more or less the same strength. The hacker, now that is something different...

The card from Allison is accepted without hesitation. He might go there just for the sake of ass-kicking, though he knows near-jack about boxing.

And then there is the new Wolf. And an old face:

"Elaine?" - Daniel can't believe his eyes, - "Slick, meet Granite Watchtower's former Alpha who left without saying a word. Elaine, this is Slick - our Beta. By the way, Firebringer is the Alpha now and he said he'll personally kick your ass out of Sac if he ever sees you so you might want to square that one out".

He looks at her directly:

"An explanation for the rest of your former Packmates would be nice too".

L

Slick leaned over to get a look at the card as well. Boxing, not something she had any experience in. Not that she disregarded learning to fight effectively in her human forms. She'd simply pursued a different avenue.

Those thoughts, however, are cut off rather sharply by Daniel's...introduction. It was the first she'd heard of Elaine. Which likely meant that Firebringer had been simply furious over her departure. And she could understand why. The pain of a packmate's disappearance was something she'd felt as well. Elaine's reasons for leaving? Those were less understood.

"Ahh, well...this is awkward."

She couldn't help but be reminded slightly of that one time in college when she'd been out with her boyfriend and bumped into his ex. Except here no one involved was one of the herd. Which meant things might not be...nearly so tame.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin listens, he does want to put forward a recruitment statement but, well, things are rather up in the air concerning having a Totem and he can't see Prideful-Harrier looking to take them under its wing again. He couldn't blame the Spirit either, one pack dissolving is unlikely but two is a trend. He also feels rather responsible about it as well, as he did vouch for...

A new arrival gets him to shake out of his thoughts and crosses arms above his chest. He schools his face into a blank mask as he, too, would like to know the answer to that particular question.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Jensen takes the card as well and examines it before stuffing it in his pocket.

"I'll keep this in mind. It's likely that I might find myself in need of either of your professions in the future." As a Werewolf, he probably got a bit more exercise than your average joe, but his job still wasn't to physical so seeing her could help him stay fit. And seeing as not all fights could have him transforming, boxing could do well for self-defense and provide some equilibrium in combat. "Like Databite, I'm also interested in how your pack fairs, Skull-splitter. Your spirit, in particular, may not match well with us."

Jensen was surprised when the next person to show up was recognized by the established Gauru. Unfortunately for her, she seemed to have left on bad terms with her packmates and a confrontation seemed to be brewing. He carefully kept an eye on them but kept out of it. At the risk of getting into others affairs, he decided intervening might be in their best interests if things did come to blows. While he doubted he could truly stop one of them if they decided to fight, he believed things looked much to dire for them to go for each others' throats when they had plenty of Pure who would happily do the same.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Having recently arrived in town and been informed of a safe place to gather by a bird-spirit (not that she particularly trusted it. You never knew what those things were up to.), Ary had dropped off her stuff in her new apartment and headed to the dog park. She'd arrived suspicious, ready for a fight if it was a trap, but the smell of other Wolves drove that thought partially out of her mind. Partially. You never knew. The mid-sized woman approached the group of Uratha carefully, still ready to fight if she had to. "Ahem. Hello."

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last