Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Sparks) Dale, Elaine, and Slick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L

Elaine's response drew a short, amused, chuckle from Slick. She may not have known much about the taller woman, and almost nothing of the circumstances about her time here or her departure, but she had spirit. That much was obvious. Level-headed too. It wasn't a bad first impression...considering the circumstances.

The note was curious. Not something someone was likely to lie about. Had Firebringer simply not seen it, or had it angered him so much that he simply acted as though he hadn't?

"His brands, I'm sure." It's obvious enough from her tone that the words are more of an offhand quip than any serious answer. It was much easier to break the tension that way.

She doesn't miss the way Elaine's arms cross in front of her, nor does she adopt a similar stance. Her body language is more open, hands casually at her side. "What kind of emergency made you travel all the way across the country?"

"A violent one. The only kind of emergency anyone thinks I'm useful for. Rahu Iminir," Elaine explains to Ms. Nameless.

"I don't believe we've met. I'm Elaine, and you are?"

L

A vague answer, Slick couldn't help but wonder if perhaps Elaine was still a bit on the defensive from Daniel's tone upon first seeing her. She appeared to have missed a little bit of what he'd said, at least. "Like Daniel mentioned I'm Slick, Granite Watchtower's Beta. I'm an Elodoth of the Meninna myself. Had my first change in this city, ran here for quite a while too. Family business, and Lodge business, called me elsewhere for a while. But they couldn't keep me away forever."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana approaches slowly, observing how the conversation was going. It seemed to be mostly quiet at that moment, but she wasn't sure. She had to talk to the Beta, though. It was fairly important. "Excuse me. I hope I'm not interrupting. You're Chantay, of Granite Watchtower, right? I wanted to talk about your pack." She looked at the other people, then back at Chantay. "Although if you can't right now, I can wait." She didn't stand submissively, despite the politeness in her words. She stood straight, eyes meeting the others calmly. Standing like you were some whipping boy didn't help introductions. No one liked a sycophant or a coward.

L

Slick turned slightly as she heard another voice join in, greeting the other woman with a smile. Her eyes flickered over the other woman briefly, noting the body language. Impressions were important, especially amongst the people. And she seemed to be so very conscious of how she presented herself. Which certainly didn't make for a bad impression.

"I am, but feel free to call me Slick. I generally go with my deed name amongst the people, and save Chantay for the herd." That bit was accompanied by a small shrug. It wasn't like she considered it a big deal or anything. "And feel free to ask questions. What do you want to know?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary nodded. "Alright, Slick." Someday she'd have to ask the story behind the name. Today might be that day, if she ran out of things to ask. "I was just wondering about general things. Goals, Totem, Territory present or planned. Things that would be good for me to know if I form a new Pack or join another one." Her body language didn't change much as she talked. She leaned slightly more on her left leg, adopting a more relaxed pose, but otherwise stayed the same, eye contact being maintained.

L

"We're based out of the northeastern part of the city, near the airport. It was fairly safe even before the Pure contracted to the heart of downtown. Our Totem is Falcon All-Seeing. As you might guess from his name, he likes his pack to keep an eye on things. If there's something strange going on, something harming our territory...he just wants us to get to the bottom of it, and end it." It was convenient, really, because werewolves were inclined to do that anyway. Meninna especially.

"As for our goals," there's a slight shrug, "Same as all the Urdaga in this city pretty much. Dislodge the Anshega from the downtown. From there we'll have to see what kind of mess they left, and how to fix it in order to restore the balance."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Same goals. Well, at least it would make everyone working together much easier. Ary was pretty sure if she asked around about goals, they were all going to give her the same answer. It made sense. The Anshega invade your city, you want to drive them out. Packs would form out of war-parties towards that goal.

"Alright, makes sense. It's the same thing, uh, Skull-Splitter was saying." She hadn't really realized until now that that was a very scary name. She'd been busy with the annoyance. "By the way, I'm Aryana, but just Ary's fine. So, how many people do you have in your Pack, and who's your Alpha?"

L

"There's nothing quite like a common enemy to unite a group behind a common purpose." And the Pure were an ancient, ancestral foe. It was an enmity that ebb and flow, or even be put aside at times, but nothing save the extinction of one side and their spirit patrons would ever make it go away forever.

And right now it certainly wasn't ebbing.

"The Granite Watchtower is five wolves strong. And it's lead by Firebringer, a Cahalith of the Meninna tribe." There's a hint of a smile at the edges of her lips, because she's all but sure that this next bit was going to pique Ary's curiosity. "The Anshega usually refer to him as Godslayer though."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary's eyebrows tried to shoot up and frown at the same time, ending up in some strange amalgam of the two, one eyebrow quivering upwards and the other trying to cover her eye. "Godslayer?" Damn. "How'd he get that name?" She sounded almost disbelieving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last