Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Outfitting Arnold

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Arnold's voice is heard within, though Michael doesn't make out the word. The door is opened by a handsome man with gelled brown hair.

Inside, Arnold is sitting at the desk looking at the door.

"Good evening, Michael."
    He says.

Michael smiled at Culler. "Good evening," he glanced at the man, no beast and he certainly didn't look like a Nos so it was probably an employee, maybe a ghoul "Mr. Culler."
    "It's good to see you. Should I get down to business?" he asked, making sure he didn't breech in front of the Reeve. He always seemed to be in trouble when he spoke with Culler but Michael still liked the guy.

"Please, do." Arnold replies simply, though he knows why Michael might be here.

"Alright," Michael got out a notebook and pen "Prince Clarke has asked I be responsible for next and I want to be sure to provide for your needs as well," it was said in a quick off hand way. Culler knew it already and Michael had already said it quite a few times as well.
    He looked over the notes he had and the amount he had spent so far that month. Richard still needed to give him receipts but even without them he knew how much he hadn't spent on others. It was still better to start with the basic cost, though, and move up in what he could/would pay. He liked the Reeve and so he was telling him up front the amount Michael could pay. It was more than he had done for most others he had seen and let think he was a pauper to make sure they didn't ask for extravagance.
    He looked up at the Reeve "I have two thousand dollars to work with right off the bat. Did you have anything in mind?" It was said too casually to be anything but the truth. And that was only right off the bat.

Arnold reaches into his desk and pulled out a printed sheet of paper. He slides it across the desk to Michael. On it was an image of a suit and some information for a Regent Three-Piece Stripe Suit from Brooks Brothers. Also written on the pages are the words Shoes: Cordovan Leather Straight Tip.

Arnold explains "My size dimensions are written on the back. They're considerable, as you might imagine." The big man chuckles a bit in spite of himself, then says "All said it should fall within your budget. And if you can find me a matching Fedora that would be excellent. I find they aren't too costly."

Michael did some mental math, one thousand for the suit, two hundred for a tie, five hundred for shoes, two fifty for a good hat, socks, belt, so on.... It would come to more two thousand but with some of the other of the outfits he was getting costing less than what he had allotted, he could move available money around and still cover the costs easily.
    He turned the paper over, going over the measurements. Check, check, check....
    "Okay, this looks like everything. I know you're busy so I'll let you get back to your work. Thank you." Michael held out his hand to shake goodbye. He paused before speaking again, unsure whether he was being too forward "Good luck finding Priscus O-Yama."

Arnold reaches across the desk and shakes Michael's hand "Thank you, Michael. Goodnight."

He goes back to the business on his desk.

After a long time, Michael felt he had finally in a way paid Culler back for all the trouble Michael had given him.

For the Reeve

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.