Konstantin arrives early on the appointed evening, awaiting Aesop's arrival at the same place the clan meeting had been held. He was looking forward to finding out more about this most unusual member of his clan.

Aseop goes back to the clearing where he first meet Konstantin. He swoops in like a bird and stands before him.

"Good evening, Aesop," Konstantin says. "Come, let us sit and talk."

Aesop nods to Konstantin and remarks in his own voice, "sit and talk.", he says as if interested for once to bumble through a conversation, even though it was his least favorite form of communication. He seemed to have some grasp on the old ways, the need for unity and pack, though in this day an age even before he woke from his last sleep none seemed to cherish the old ways other then for purposes of fighting which was one aspect of a greater whole.

After studying Aesop for several moments, Konstantin asks "How old are you?"

After studying Konstantin for several moments, Aesop repeats "How old are you?",Aesop thinks on this issue seriously. He replied in a dead language that one would have no way of placing yet he oddly knew what he was saying. Aesop surprised himself when the sounds came out. "I do not know", Aesop said in a slow gravelly voice when he spoke his own words. Aesop studied Konstantin's mannerisms intently changing posture to match his.

Konstantin is not surprised by Aesop's answer, but he nonetheless feels a need to check it out a bit more. "You do not remember when you were other than Kindred? Do you remember any of that time?"

Images rush through Aesop's head, thoughts of moving through the sun light wearing animal skinned clothes. He saw visions of primitive hunters struggling just to summon fire, but he couldn't say for sure what was true, "remember any of that time", he said in Konstantin's voice. He looked away pondering the way things were but did not take much time living in the past. "I remember...", he paused as if not able to quickly navigate the proper words of the English language to describe his emotions, "It was simple then, there were no... things but the earth". He thought to himself plotting a course and picking his words cautiously, "People needed to hunt to live, we fought to survive, not to make ourselves big"

Konstantin nods, some of his guesses confirmed. "You have spent many long times within the earth, yes? This is why your blood is not strong as usual for one of your age?"

Aesop waited a while before responding, he didn't want to misconstrue any of the meaning of this by rushing himself. "It's a choice to sleep, the longer we wake the more we think we need, and the farther you are from anything that should exist on this earth". Aesop looks to Konstantin almost as if attempting implore him to consider this, he does not usually attempt to impose his own beliefs, but Konstantin would see that he seemed genuinely concerned for his well being, "Do not... forget... both your natures. Time kills the man and you will be only beast." Aesop didn't quite know why or where his belief's were born, but somewhere in his past he must have had first hand accounts of the monstrous creatures kindred became when they became greedy for more life. Something had to have happened that was powerful enough to imprint itself into his core beliefs even when the exact details of these events were hazy to him.

Konstantin thinks about Aesop's statement, and concludes he will need to think on that more to decide what he thinks about it. For now, though, there were other things to consider.

"Having been around so long, you must have learned many things. What do you know well other than changes of form?"

"I know nothing else other then the animals words", said Aesop not particularly knowing what he was expected to say, "You have learned many things. What do you know well other than changes of form?... you can be many things", Aesop said in reference to the swarm trick. He seemed slightly more comfortable in speaking in Konstantin's voice the longer he did it, putting a few of his own words in. He attempted to transmute his form to become Konstantin. Aesop already had much more facial hair then would the average native American, evidence that he wasn't exactly like what one would consider normal. He attempted to push more hair out to simulate Konstantin's beard, his face rippled and moved slightly attempting to move his eyes and chin.

Konstantin watched Aesop's features warp and distort, fascinated. Was this possible, to take another's form? He had heard of Shadows doing such thing through illusion, and had heard legends of face-stealing vampires in many places, including his native Russia, but had always maintained a bit of skepticism toward such tales.

"Let us agree... I will share secrets of Protean I have learned, if you do same."

Aesop nods at Konstantin's last comment. He stops attempting to shift. Though he tended to try to imitate people he could not hold their form as much as he tried. He began to change forms stopping in mid transformation slowly hoping that Konstantin did the same.

Konstantin attempts the partial transformations, and though he almost gets it to work a few times, ultimately he is not successful.

"I have to not spend too much Vitae, so I will have to practice later. I will keep with you on this, though. Now let me show you someting..."

Konstantin then works with Aesop, sharing with him the secret he learned decades ago from a Persian vampire... the power to take the form of a swarm.