Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(PrP Straight & Narrow) To Fetch a Fetch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

AwakeOrangutang Parable Saeyer

Aside from the newscast of arson, Tessa hasn't seen any further reports regarding her Fetch in the news, at least that she's aware of. Having spoken with Ava and with Daniel regarding her situation, she at least has more options available to her to 'solve' the problem. Only every story has to start somewhere and Tessa can only lurk in alleyways and on rooftops for so long before she gathers the nerve to take action.

Whether by phone, text, email, or otherwise, have Tessa gather her companions, Daniel & Ava, in this thread at a chosen Hollow or public place to discuss the task of investigating/finding Tessa's Fetch. Remember, all Tessa has to go by thus far is the newscast & the face of the officer that has a connection to her locket

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel approached Edna's after receiving a texted request from Tessa for "important business". The house didn't seem quite as intimidating now that there wasn't any backstreet surgery occurring in the toolshed. At least, he was pretty sure there wasn't. He was half tempted to go around the back to make sure but in the end he didn't. Instead he approached the front door and gave it a knock, hoping Tessa would answer. He wasn't sure of visitor policy but rather safe than sorry when it came to entering a witch's lair.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

S
    Saeyer

A junky yellow Rabbit pulled up to the curb as Daniel finished knocking, letting out a few choice noises before a decisive turn of the key silenced it. Giving the dashboard a reassuring pat, the Scrivener gathered her things from the passenger seat and flashed a dispassionate grin at the rear view mirror to make sure there was nothing stuck between her teeth before stepping out into the street. Her hair was pulled back into a casual ponytail, damp as ever, and the silvery sheen of scales gave her skin a waxy look under the streetlights. It had been a slow day for her so far, the kind where she seemed to end up reading the same paragraph three times and retaining less each time, so coming out was a welcome distraction; the book she'd been reading was tucked into her bag anyway, just in case. Upon recognizing the Darkling at the door she raised a hand in greeting, a sincere smile spreading her wide mouth as she shouldered her tote and moved toward him.

"Hey Daniel, nice to see you! You waiting on someone?" The luminescence of her voice mixed with the mist of her breath in the chill, the ensuing cloud seeming somehow more solid than usual. It was subtle at first, with the smells of fall around them, but the scent of cool water rose as she approached, a hint of decay fluttering beneath it.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

From her upstairs room, Tessa heard he knock at the door. Having texted them in the first place, she quickly tossed aside the covers tangled about her legs and rushed down there, yelling a quick, "I got it," so that nobody else would attempt to answer it. Arriving at the door, she smooths down her clothes before answering it with a smile on her face.

[color=#C3B091] "Ava, Daniel, so glad you two could make it. And on such short notice too. Here, follow me to my room, we can talk about it there." Crap, she realized too late that she should've put more attention to her hair and put on a better set of clothes. As it was, her simple ponytail, white t-shirt, and red athletic shorts were more designed for laying lazily in her room than for greeting guests. Of course, this would be fine if it was just Ava, she felt they were pretty close so this was fine. But she always felt like she should make a good impression on Daniel and all this wasn't at all the look she wanted him to see her in.

After leading upstairs to her room, she opens the room to them. And from the looks of it, she's been letting the ferret side of her do most of the decorating. It's not necessarily a mess as much as just organized with little thought to order. Her mattress, lacking a frame, lays on the floor with a seeming nest of blankets laying on it. In a corner lays two separate sets of clothes, folded ones and a small pile of dirty ones. In another corner, close to her bed, lays a stack of snacks that didn't require refrigerating, including snack cakes, ramen, and cans of soup and soda. Across the room lies a bunch of books, splayed haphazardly about in a way Ava's bookworm tendencies wouldn't approve of. But she did have the foreknowledge to clear enough space in the middle of the room for them all to sit comfortably. Tessa once again feels quite a bit of embarrassment at this. Not only does Daniel see she doesn't care about her appearance much, but she's also a slob to boot. Great impression.

"Eh heh, sorry about the mess. It's all organized, I swear, it's just... unsorted. So, uhh, either of you want something to eat or drink? I got Little Debbie's and fruit sodas if you want them."

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

“Hey Ava. Yeah, I got a text from..” Tessa arrived at that moment looking a little like she’d just gotten out of bed. “Here she is,” he finished with a smile. Then he realized how this probably looked to Ava and he went a hair paler. However, then Tessa said she’s also invited Ava so that helped him feel a little less self-conscious as he followed to the Steepscrambler’s den.

“I’ll have a nutty bar if you have one,” he replied to Tessa’s question as he took in the room. If Tessa looked roughed and tumbled, her room had been the dryer. He reminded himself that he wasn’t much better before his Durance. Plus she was still fairly recently returned and she was a Beast.

S
    Saeyer

Having thought little more of her comment to Daniel than passing teasing, the same sort a person might receive from a jovial but irritating aunt, Ava missed the paling of the Darkling's cheeks. To be fair, he was very pale already. "Hey Tessa," she greeted the girl cheerfully, signature smile in place. Following the Steepscrambler inside and up the stairs, she paused on the edge of the room to take in the disarray before entering.

To her, this was basically what a bedroom was supposed to look like: things got put away, but they always seemed to creep back out and throw themselves at the floor; then, the piles would organize into colonies based on genre, and suddenly your entire library was reorganized on the floor. Or, perhaps that was just her. Though her hands itched to stack those books properly, she smothered the urge and stepped over the threshold.

At the offer of food she peered down at the pile of snacks, loathe to turn down something to eat. "Um, sure, a Little Debbie sound great."

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Nodding to her guest's respective choices, she goes over to her pile of sweets to find the goods. It takes her surprisingly little time to fish out a package of nutty bars, chocolate snack cakes with the cream filling inside for Ava, and some chocolate swiss rolls for herself. The stack may have been in disarray but apparently she knew them it well enough to find what she wanted with ease. To be fair, keen eyesight and dexterous hands were very helpful with this as well. And as she turns around to sit with her friends, she does a quick glance to make sure her delicates couldn't be seen in her pile of dirty clothes. Luckily enough, they must be all hidden in the middle because nothing embarrassing sits atop the pile. She sits cross-legged across from the two and tosses them their snacks before tearing hers open with her teeth.

"I'm not the only one here, so I like to keep what food that doesn't need refrigeration in here. Can't anybody else get to them like that without my say-so. But I didn't call you here to talk storage habits. I'll get straight to the point so as not to waste y'alls time." And to avoid any more chances to make a fool of herself. She already had two strikes, she didn't want another one. "I've been in Sacramento for three season now and I've decided to get something out of the way. I need to do something about my Fetch before it does something else that'll get me thrown in the pen. And I was kinda wondering if y'all could help me out with this."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel transitioned easily from standing to also sitting on the floor before starting to work on his nutty bars. The wrapper made its distinct crinkling sound that let everyone within twenty feet know there was some kind of sweet being opened.

“Of course. I’m happy to do what I can,” it wasn’t any less than he’d already offered before “Did you have a plan of what you wanted to do?” He’d said before he could try to shadow the fetch so Tessa could avoid it. However, from how the steepscrambler was talking she wanted to do more than simply avoid. Death seemed to most obvious answer. While Daniel wasn’t physically adept for a straight attack, helping track the fetch’s habits could still be useful. If they could find where the doppelganger slept…
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

S
    Saeyer

Taking a seat when Tessa did, Ava accepted the snack and opened the package with her teeth. She listened as the stash of food was explained, though she thought it brooked no explanation: it was common sense, let alone potentially a Beast instinct. The shift of topic toward the fetch did not suprise her after her last conversation with Daniel and she took a large bite of the cake, chewing thoughtfully.

"I'd certainly like to help as well, but I'd also like to know what you have in mind." Before committing to anything she wanted to know if they were still talking tailing, or if Tessa hoped to go straight to intimidation, or more. On the surface, at least, this didn't seem like an especially qualified hunting party if the desired result was elimination. Not that she could exactly condemn that decision, either way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread