Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 46
DISPLAYED
(PRP) In Vitae Veritas (4LG,2LB)

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Picking up the sniper rifle, Blake watches passively as Richard kills their prisoner. As the hyena comes to sit before him, his attention is drawn towards Bobcat and narrows his eyes as the guy begins to hand his stuff to Richard as he talks about not wanting his stuff to be taken and how they'd be more useful in the rescuing of him. "Are you sure you want to do this?" he asks Bobcat. "Chances are that Noah's remains are all that's left at the room."

Sighing, he turns to the hyena, asking, "Found anything?" He's rather angry at Rina for taking the bait and getting filmed by this woman.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-29 00:50:25 Blake Flint rolls 3 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism (10 Again) 6, 8, 6 1 success

2. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Waiting to see what the hyena found

4. Likes Brownlee liked this post

The hyena report:

Me chases flower spray. Goes to hiding bushes. Strong theres. Small diggings in grasses. One and one and one like from standing metal sticks. Them stays there many times and leaves soon to now.

Chases flower spray mores. Confuses. Everywheres. Flower spray on rocks. Flower spray on trees. Flower spray on metal riding boxes. Confuses. Flower spray is for people skin, yes? Faces and wrists of females for matings?

(INT + Crafts - 1 to know that the triangle rubs in the grass were left by a tripod.)
    (WITS + Subterfuge - 1 to know that Geraldine brought perfume with her and has masked her scent-trail by spraying it all around.)

Me smells dead meat food, gone but. People kind. Another people kind moves it. Drags it some. Puts maybe in metal riding box. Not flower scent. Me eats meats now?

(WITS + Animal Ken + 1 to know that the security guard's corpse was dragged to a truck.)

Just remembered that Richard doesn't speak hyena lol

Richard says nothing to deter Bobcat from his volunteer, after all they need to continue playing ball and it wasn't in his best interest to stand in his way. Though he certainly wasn't about to take the stake himself. Richard gives him a respectful nod and gathers the mans things including the keys to his motorcycle. "Yeah I know how to ride." he leaves it at that.

When the Hyena returns he stands there and simply waits for Blake to translate seeing as though Verne had left to swap out the blood slides. "What's the news? Any sign of her?"

7. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Blake parrots back what the hyena has told him as he considers the report. "The perfume is covering a large area including vehicles. A three pronged metal object was found and has likely been taken down. Also it seems that the drained body has been moved by someone already, into a truck most likely. No perfume so it's likely another underling." He tells the group, pretty much summing it up.

Crafts is Fail, Subterfuge is failure, and Animal Ken is 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-29 21:04:37 Blake Flint rolls 2 to Wits + Animal Ken + 1 (1s Subtract) 10, 6 1 success
    2014-12-29 21:03:31 Blake Flint rolls 2 to Wits + Subterfuge - 1 (1s Subtract) 1, 8 failure
    2014-12-29 21:01:55 Blake Flint rolls 3 to Int + Crafts - 1 (10 Again) 7, 3, 7 failure

"Dead meat smell was coming from a moving metal box? Know which one?" He asks the hyena.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-29 21:12:25 Blake Flint rolls 3 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism (10 Again) 3, 10, 10, 2, 6 2 successes

9. Likes Brownlee liked this post

When Verne returns, it's plain to see that he's upset--he must have seen Samson, or pieces of him. He hasn't got an ounce of mirth or swagger left. With Noah gone, Verne had lost the coterie to the puppet strings of some Hunter-bitch. He'd sought outside help and covered a violation, sure, but Noah was still gone and Samson was still dead.

He finds strength, though, in Bobcat's courage. Or maybe it's stupidity. Or maybe they're the same. He sniffs his nose, exhales, and soldiers on. "No words for this kind of thing, man," he says. "But, if you trust me to do it, I'd like to be the one that follows your body. I got eyes in the sky." Verne slams his heel on the butt of the stake, and it disappears, clean, through Bobcat's chest, into his heart. The biker's sight is swallowed in black, a cold conscious darkness where horrors await on the other end. He may find solace in the fact that even his enemy, Rina, had nothing to say about his heroism. That's all it took to shut the bitch up--bravery. And she hadn't even had the nerve to drive the stake. Nothing would sting her more than to clean up her mess.

The hyena tells Blake that the rolling metal box was the one with the swirly lights on top that drove in circles around the zoo at night.

Geraldine speaks. "Deal, then. What's yours will be waiting at the Donnybrook Motel. Out."

Scene Ends. Plot concludes in Another Trophy for the Wall

11. Likes SoraLow liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread