Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(PRP) In Vitae Veritas (4LG,2LB)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Shrapnel rides an explosion of concussive force ahead of deafening sound: the air cracks; the ground shakes; metal shreds.

It's hard to say what Fucking Sniper thought of Bobcat remaining to fight. Confusion? Amusement? Disappointment? Plain, though, to know the last thing he felt: the bony impact of Bobcat's knuckles on his cheek (4B). A white flash. Bobcat's airborne. Hot metal carves paths through his chest, his legs, his torso (4L). Fortunately, the ground's there to break his fall (2B). His limp body lay looking up at the sky, ears ringing, bleeding too. A minute or two later . . . or five, he's back on his feet and in control of his faculties once more.

Rina makes it to the outermost edge of the blast radius, would have cleared it if the delay hadn't been tampered with. Somehow, she keeps her feet, though a metal scrap leaves a long laceration on her arm (1L).

Likewise, Richard tries escape with supernatural speed, but finds himself less successful in distancing himself. He falls forward as sharp fragments bury themselves into the meat of his back (2L).

Blake makes it back into the Veterinary Clinic, before being blown over by a gust of force (2B).

At both locations, the groups bear witness to the phenomenon known as "pink mist." Blood droplets form a cloud in the air, their individual reds whitened to pink by intervals of air between. Anything they settle upon, though, gets painted red--warm and sticky. Gruff Tenor and Fucking Sniper are gone, but for this.

Pieces of Samson make sloppy sounds as they slap against the metal trailer and return from flight back to cold ground.

Now, the silence and stillness seem exaggerated--contrasted against the sound and fury that preceded. Black night is as present as it was before and had been all along.

And, as minds in dire straights are like to think all manner of things, the facts return in floods:

Verne had disappeared toward the back entrance, but never reappeared. He'd had the untainted blood sample in his pocket.
    Rocket Man was last seen laying on his back, unconscious, a bullet in his leg.
    Security Guard, dry as desert noontime, was drug aside and left by the Zoo entrance.
    One of four blood slides in a open fridge contains the blood of a departed ghoul.
    The power remains off through most of the zoo, a boon if only for the sleeping cameras.
    Rina has a key to an administrative office in her pocket. Samson had taken it from the CDC woman whom he believed to be a hunter.
    There's a mess of bloodstains, bullet casings, and body parts in desperate need of cleaning, though a complete clean up seems impossible.
    And Noah Szlembarski is captive to the remaining Hunters, two if Samson's count had been right.

The world doesn't stop moving, it seems, for bad days or dead apes or explosions. No, it turns. And turns. And turns, bringing new blessings . . . and new woe.

This thread is a continuation of Most Dangerous Game in the Four Legs Good, Two Legs Bad plot line.

2. Likes Matamune, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Blake moves back to the door and studies the bloody scene. "Well, fuck..." He murmurs as he takes in the fact that Gruff is very much dead, which means no beating answers out of him about Noah.

As he stands there, he kind of grieves for Samson just a little. After all, the ape had been fairly helpful, what with answering questions and willing to aid them in battle with the Hunters. "Just fucking great, no hostage and we pretty much walked into a trap."

"Hey Richard? I think we should check on Bobcat as well as find Rina." He shouts as he walks out of the building. "I think we need to talk with Verne." He adds with a dark expression on his face.

perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-08 01:27:49 Blake Flint rolls 4 to Wits + Com (10 Again) 7, 2, 10, 10, 6, 3 2 successes

4. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat lays on the ground, his own blood (and some of The Fucking Sniper's) staining what remains of his clothes, the only clothes he owns. With great effort he stands up, based on all the damage he recieved, just standing up by himself was an heroic deed but he finally did it. There he was, looking at the destruction the hunters created, looking at the wounds on his body, the pieces of Samson... And he laughs, he laughs loud and histerically.

But why wouldn't he be laughing? He survived fire and explosions, his enemies were dead, and above all, the masquerade breach was fixed. Some blood samples wouldn't be so important now that the zoo was attacked in this manner. But they would need to make the ape's limbs disappear... just in case. Speaking of which... I'm really hungry.

He stops his laugh, the fun was over, it was time to eat now. Bobcat walks slowly, holding the broken bones in the ribcage with one hand and trying to grab any post, column or wall to avoid falling to the ground again. He looks for some of the bigger remaining pieces of Samson and starts drinking whatever he can get. If there is at least one limb of the hunters, he will drink from them too.

Richard's sprint is cut short when the shards of scrap metal slam into his back piercing the skin and causing him to stumble onto one knee. "Aaah...FFFuucking hell." he said while reaching back over his shoulder and grabbing at one of the shards which now protruded from his back. The pain was bareable though Richard knows that he can't leave open wounds untreated. There were few things that could bring down the undead but that didn't mean that it was a wise idea to go around ignoring injury. A few scrapes and bruises could be left alone, but this latest wound needed to be healed. Richard glances up to morbidly biblical scene of blood and flesh raining from the skies. He stands there for a moment watching the red mist waft through the air, it was marvelous. For a quite second Richard considers holding out both arms, tilting his head back with his tongue exposed and twirling through the park area letting the droplets of blood cascade across his taste buds, like a child in the winters first snow. Obviously such a display wouldn't speak well to his character but he was interested in partaking in the free blood that was now literally lining the entire area. He searches for a limb or carcass that might have a nice sip of blood left for him to salvage. If so he will have a drink and use the extra vitae to heal some of his wounds. He stops searching briefly to respond to blake. " Ya, your right. We should regroup and figure out our next course of action...more importantly, we need to be getting the fuck outta here like asap. Ain't no way the police isn't on to the fact that something is going down at the zoo by now"

Assuming Richard is able to refill his blood pool by at least one point he will use -1 vit to heal 1 lethal damage

7. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina grunted as she was hit by the shrapnel. Once again, the day had managed to get worse. She was going to have to stop tempting fate soon, or she'd end up lit on fire again. She stretched and adjusted her arm, looking around for a brief moment before pushing her Vitae to fix up the arm. She watched the dead skin and muscle pull together and seal up, as if there had never been any laceration at all, and took a moment to admire the work of the undead body. It was still amazing that it could clean itself up like that, especially since it was dead. It was a strange result of the process that went entirely unexpected. She shook her head, moving her Vitae again, to strengthen herself this time, and headed over to the others. "Verne is gone, and these people knew we would be here. He and his have betrayed us and, by extension, the Domain. We need to finish up here, by taking the tainted vial, and then hunt down every last one of those traitors and give them the Final Death."

-1 Vitae to heal 1L, -1 Vitae for Vigor 1.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

R
    Rantifusa

How much blood can I scavenge from the rests I find? If I can get any blood at all

Bobcat looked for something to eat, but all he could find were pieces of what used to be bodies. He licked all the blood he could get from them, but most of it was lost in the explosions. The gangrel heard a conversation and joined his group.

"Hey, wait there... Verne is gone alright, but you are talking about betrayal. I think he is a coward for escaping when we needed him, but considering him a traitor is something else. He helped me back there, he received a bullet for me... Why would he risk himself if this was all planned? And besides, I don't think you are no prince to declare such a punishment. Let's find him alright, but we must allow him to speak his part." He was not in the mood to let they hunt the man who helped him during the fight, but if Verne IS a traitor..."If we confirm he betrayed us, I'll smash his head myself, with or without the prince authorization. But right now we need to fix this shit. I'm not cleaning this mess, but we should get rid of what remains of the bodies, and destroy the tainted blood samples and any other proof of our existance"

Bobcat and Rina

The wound on Rina's arm seals up as well as if it had never been cut. As she voices her suspicions, Bobcat scrounges for bloody limbs like a kid in a candy shop. He finds most of a leg and half a torso. Fucking Sniper's vest is ruined, but his blood is still good--he hadn't been kidding about the drink being on him (4V).

Bobcat, Vitae Scrounge: 4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-10 19:09:49 Bobcat rolls 1 to Vitae Scrounge (10 Again) 4 failure
    (I'll allow Rina's Vigor from the last scene to carry over; I'm partitioning the scenes pretty arbitrarily. You can reimburse her one Vitae.)

Blake and Richard

Richard has no trouble finding sustenance in the pieces of Samson and Gruff Tenor that litter the ground. Why waste the blood? It's not like they're going to need it anymore (7V). Blake takes a somber survey of the situation before suggesting that they find the others.

Richard, Vitae Scrounge: 7 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-10 19:10:08 Richard rolls 1 to Vitae Scrounge (10 Again) 7 failure
    Regroup

Blake and Richard make their way around to the front of the building. There, they find a similar situation: bloody crater plus body parts. For the most part, all things considered, the group seems to have come out on top of the situation.

Before any words are exchanged, Verne comes huffing into view with what can only be described as a menagerie. A cloud of exotic birds--the colors of lemons, limes, and mangos--flutter overhead. To his left and right are a pair of hyenas. And behind him is a chimpanzee riding on the back of a grizzly bear. He seems at once deflated that the fight is over, but glances about, letting his mind fill in the gaps, before nodding, as if to say: Not bad. "What I miss?"

He explains that he'd brought the bear for fighting, the hyenas for big pick-up, the birds for little pick-up, and the chimpanzee in case the group couldn't figure out a plan--all bases covered. "Where's Samson?"

It's then that the group hears a groan: Rocket Man's. The man coughs, regaining consciousness, before wincing at the bullet hole in his leg. (Any group member can approach him and act in a single turn.)

"Hunter." Blake spats it out. "Samson had the guy but he suicide by a grenade on him. He's littering the space along with the hunter."

He can't help but glare at Verne, his arms crossed across his chest.

12. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

When Verne shows up, Bobcat looks at Rina and says "Well, what do you have to say now?"

"I'm sorry Verne. Like Blake said, Samson was killed by the hunters... we were almost killed in the the explosions too." he says, while showing Verne his wounds and destroyed clothes.

-2 vitae -2B -1L

The first hunter then started to moan. Bobcat has spared this one when feeding because that was not his prey, but if he hadn't got enough vitae from the limbs he found he would have probably killed this one too. The biker runs to the wounded hunter and crouches to pin the RocketMan's arms to the floor.
    I don't know if I have to roll str+brawl for that action or if it's just narrative, I'll roll just in case. If not, disregard the roll

3 s
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-10 21:56:21 Bobcat rolls 7 to STR3+Brawl2+AoA2 (10 Again) 8, 5, 9, 9, 5, 6, 3 3 successes

"Tsk tsk tsk... Where do you think you are going pal? Hey guys, one of them survived... over here" and then to the hunter he says in a lower volume and smiling "We are gonna have so much fun with you"

As soon as someone else comes to where he is, he says "Check him for grenades while I hold him. We don't want a fireworks show again"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina didn't particularly care about Bobcat being catty (ha, punny), or that Verne had come back. All it meant is that she could pull his heart out through his throat all the faster. She strode over to the coward, hand already stabbing a finger at him. "You are a traitor! They knew we would be here!" She swung her arm out to indicate the blown-up bits of the Hunters. "They had a plan. They knew where we would go. Because you told them." She reached him, and stabbed her finger at his chest. "Now, you are going to tell us everything. And then, you are going to help us clean up. Then, we will go see what is inside. And then, we will find the rest of your traitor crew and decide what happens next." Now, the tiny, unarmed little Asian lady might be terrifying. But, more likely, she looked like a tiny little asian lady covered in bits of blood and Hunter, who's weapon is still in her boot, and has yet to be drawn all evening.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread