21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Reliquary) Frankincense and Blood

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    T
    Tre

Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-12 16:11:23 Ajax Smith rolls 1 to Perception Wits:2 + Comp: 2 – 3 = 1 (10 Again) 8 1 success
      Stealth
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-12 16:12:03 Ajax Smith rolls 5 to Stealth Dex: 3 + Stealth: 2 = 5 (10 Again) 10, 2, 2, 8, 8, 6 3 successes

S
    Soderbok

[roll]62243[\roll] 2 sux perception

[roll]62244[\roll] 4 sux sneak

S
    Shepard

Nolan follows along with the other two. Leaving the gate as it was.

Nope
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-14 16:18:11 Nolan Rhoads rolls 3 to Dex+Stealth (10 Again) 2, 2, 4 failure
      Make ALL THE NOISE
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-14 16:18:33 Nolan Rhoads rolls 1 to Wits+Comp (10 Again) 3 failure

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The three Kindred slip into the shadows. It was a lot at the far end of an industrial estate, with warehouses on either side, the street to the front and the very fringe of the nature reserve behind. The only sound was the plop and drip of a light rain falling... and the Haunt as he clattered behind the Savage and the Shadow.

The night was deaf and blind. Nothing moved.

The warehouse sat in its lot like a beached leviathan. Silent. Neglected. The walls showed signs of other tags; swathes of blank dark paint where the owners had cleaned away yesteryears tags - poorly. The group noted one other door on their reconnoitre, not including the immense roller doors one one side. Behind the building was a set of forlorn waste disposal bins and a scattering of upturned bags and blankets.

AJ and Fionn note that the second door appears slightly ajar. Definitely worth a second look.

5. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Soderbok

Fionn followed AJ as they slipped through the shadows around the building.
    He could hear Nolan following, the crunch of broken glass, the clang and rattle of drinks cans being kicked down the alley, the heavy thump of his feet.

I thought those guys were meant to be at home in the dark, gliding like shadows.

Fionn winced at the noise, looking at Nolan and pointing towards a part of the wall.
    Putting one hand flat, palm upwards, the other flat, vertical he placed on top.
    Looking intently at the wall for a moment before looking back at Nolan and AJ.
    Pivoting his vertical hand slowly out from the other, mimicing an open door.

Seperating his hands, pointing at his eyes and then at the spot on the wall where the door is.
    Folding the fingers in his right hand together, leaving the first two fingers exposed.
    Holding his hand vertically, fingers pointing downwards, miming walking with his fingers.
    Nodding at AJ and Nolan, gathering the goggles that dangled from his arm, pulling them over his head and fixing them over his eyes.
    Gently pressing a torch into Nolan's hands as he seems to need help moving in the dark.

Fionn gave a thumbs up to the others and crept towards the open door, letting the goggles guide the way to the door so he could move quietly.
    Moving to the side of the door, Fionn crouches low, keeping his back to the wall.
    Gesturing to the others to come to the door so he has back up in case there's trouble.

Fionn pulls a stun gun out of his holster and peers cautiously around the door frame letting the goggles sweep the area inside the door before pressing his back against the wall. Fionn waits for the others to arrive.

T
    Tre

I roll my eyes at Fionn, someone’s been playing too much Modern Warfare. I guess after this tid bit I’m going to make it a point to go learn ASL, maybe convince these two to do the same. Especially if I may end up working with them later. So far we make a good team, so far.

I motion for Nolan to open the door and step in with the flash light. Behind him I take a kneeling position and notch an arrow drawing back the line.

As loud as he’d been if anyone was expecting someone to walk through that do it might as well be the guy that’s been making the noise.

S
    Shepard

There were benefits to being a large man. Nolan was afforded great strength, swift legs, and the ability to open even the most tightly sealed jars. Yet, the price was subtlety.

Crunching along behind the two silent men was a reminder that he was a blunt instrument. A very reliable, very blunt instrument.

When it becomes apparent they aren't entering the building, Nolan took it upon himself to do it. He had made the noise. This was his problem.

The torch drops from his hand, and instead brass knuckles once again wrap around his fingers. If something jumped at him, it would be getting a serious headache. The Haunt ran the tips of his fingers over the ajar door, then pushed it open, and stepped inside. God don't let the Devil hide inside.

S
    Soderbok

OOC GM query

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The door groans open with a shrill shriek of metal.

Inside the darkness was close and stank of incense, blood, and an acrid smell of burnt paper and plastic. Metal and leather creaked in the nebulous void where distance and direction collapsed. Slowly, the groups eyes adjust to the gloom - enough to make out distance and the vague shapes of abandoned crates. In a far corner, the last weak embers of a fire glowed feebly - faint pricks of red and orange lost in the dark.

Nolan Rhodes is beyond the threshold. The darkness envelopes him and within its embrace he sees... more. To his Kindred eyes the open chamber is a sea of shadows. But even he can make out the humps and bumps that might be a body. His senses home in more effectively on the clinking metal and warping leather - first with his sensitive hearing and then with his gloom accustomed eyes, he makes out another body - a limp thing hanging crookedly from buckled arms.

I'm hand waving a bit and bringing the updated Heightened Senses changes into this scene. Seeing as we are running around in the dark, I thought it might help a little bit

S
    Soderbok

Fionn watches as AJ steps through the door, turning off the night vision to avoid being dazzled. Fionn flips the goggles up away from his eyes to rest on his forehead.
    Stooping to pick up the torch Nolan dropped. When the other two had passed through the doorway, Fionn clicked the safety off on the stun gun and kept his finger close to the charge button.
    The scent of blood and incense on the air was making his beast growl.
    Sweet beautiful blood, there might be food in here. Don't deny your predatory nature.

Fionn felt a wave of bloodlust pass through his body. He felt like his fangs wanted to extend, he wanted to rend fabric with his hands, feel his fangs sink into firm flesh.
    Fionn was the last to pass through the door, taking up position on the other side of the corridor to AJ. Holding the torch under the barrel of the stun gun, sweeping the circle of light around the room. At the sight of something hanging from the ceiling, Fionn feels a flash of jealousy his face revealing his emotions for a few seconds before he restrains himself.

Bastard, why didn't you think of that? A walk in larder, or a play room, we should get one of those when we settle down.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread