Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Lambs) The Investigator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Cross

After his narrow escape and one serious shower to scrub away the fear-reeking sweat dripping from the doctor after his successful flight from certain danger, Miach found himself at his Sanctum. It was a place of peace for him, where surely no kidnappers could come for him. A place to make a start each day from, to base himself from...

...to learn more about what had happened. Where he would go was up to him.

Miach

PRE

Yet another abduction attempt ! Even after it had happened, Miach could hardly believe it. He could no more believe it, than he could deny it, though. It had happened, and something else needed to happen. To them. The Acanthus just had to find them.

Rehearsing what little clues he had, he pondered his options.

A white van with a writing about E&M Appliances.
    A suave-looking black man in a professional-looking dark peacoat.
    A modus operandi: a syringe hidden in the wrist.
    A license plate with a E and a 9.

Not too shabby, though he doubted it would lead him straight to his quarry. Quarries, there was at least one driver in the van. Plural. Damn.

Miach's first reflex would be to call a Sentinel and recruit help, of course. That's what he should do. That's what he wanted to do. That's what he would be expected to do. And yet, on a deep personal level, the Acanthus felt like he had something to prove. A point to make.

Resolute, he started with the simplest thing he could think of. Checking E&M appliances on the net.

Failure... for whatever it means.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-15 15:06:19 Miach rolls 1 to Int 3 + Computers 0 - Untrained 3 (10 Again, Chance) 6 failure

3. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    C
    Cross

As it turns out, throwing E&M Appliances on the internet brought up an address in downtown Sacramento. It didn't take much to find. Apparently, E&M did refrigerators, dishwashers, laundry machines, ovens - you know, the usual shit. It had a legitimate website and a phone number and everything!

Miach

PRE

While it seemed doubtful at best, Miach spent some time Perusing the website, ^trying to look for a van's picture with a license plate containing a E, and a 9. Lacking any result, he would then call the company, pretending to have bumped into a parked van and wanting to make amend.

C
    Cross

There was nothing of that nature on the website. Miach did learn a lot about the kinds of services E&M offered, though. Next time the Lie saw to it that his oven broke? He'd be all set.

The phone rang twice before being picked up. "E&M," a low male voice answered.

Miach

PRE

"Hello, this is Mr Beamon speaking. I..." insert mandatory stutter of the man searching his word because he knows he is about to put his foot into his mouth "I... sort of slightly scratched a van of yours this morning... and... well... I'd like to see it all set right, you know... If you don't mind, that is ?" Another pause, to let it sink in slightly, and then back forward before he could catch up his breath.

"I... uh... left quickly, but I remember there was a E, and perhaps a 9 in its plate. Visual memory, you see... and uh, well... oh, you catch my meaning. No harm's done, right ? I mean... you won't file any complaint just for that, right ?"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-18 15:51:06 Miach rolls 3 to Man 2 + Subt 1 (10 Again) 1, 7, 5 failure

C
    Cross

"E and 9? Give me a second and I'll take a look if that's one of ours?" the deepvoiced fellow said cordially. "Hold tight."

He breathed a bit, sounds of walking coming through the handset. A door opened, then a couple of seconds later clicked shut. Gravel steps. Murmuring.

"Yep. We got a van with an E and a 9 in it. You want to come by and talk to the boss? He can go over the ding with you, maybe y'all can settle it? He'll be back in a bit."

Miach

PRE

Heaving a sigh of relief, Miach replied as if a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders "That would be great ! You think we can settle it reasonably ? That would be so cool !

I'm at work now, but I'll come by before long, yes."
    he finished. As if he'd come ! On the other hand, he had never said how he'd come...

Does that voice sound like the black man's one, please ?

C
    Cross

"All right, great. Look forward to seeing you, then. Come in, ask for John."

He hung up the phone. It doesn't sound like the same guy.

Miach

PRE

"Sure, will do. Thanks." Miach said, trying his best to sound earnest.

It seemed he had a lead, then. Either his foes were using things from their daily jobs, or they were all together in it, and that would be like entering a lion's den. One thing was sure, it deserved a closer look.

Miach will wait till nightfall, and use his latest trick: killing his aura, and shapeshifting into a fly to enter the building.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.