THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Acolyte shifted and moved to meet the Priscus stare. She was off by inches.

"The way is shut and the circle, closed. I am sorry," she said cryptically.

S
    Shepard

Did she just tell the Priscus "No"?

The Acolyte's cryptic message certainly made her fit into a religious covenant. It always was the faithful that insisted on speaking in riddles. Still, the prospect of denying Lord Baldwin's request seemed a bold decision on her part. It was cause for curiosity, though.

I wonder if he is any better at riddles than I am.

A
    Angel Ducard

There is a necropolis... How interesting. This Dirge seems to be it's representative. I wonder what the story is behind all this. It seems that politics run deep, even far underground.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Truly?" That was surprising. Baldwin drummed his fingers on the table idly, his gaze never leaving the blind Acolyte. "If Lord Culler is no longer accepting the presence of Family, I'm curious as to what happened. Is this something you might prefer to discuss privately, Dirge?"

He'd give her the out, if it wasn't something that could be talked about.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Lord Culler has... left. Those who resided down below have followed him. The Necropolis is quite abandoned." The Acolyte reported blandly. Her hands folded once again over her collapsed cane.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter Baldwin leaned forward, eyes narrowed shrewdly.

"And yet you remain, Dirge. What happened?"

Answers.

A
    Angel Ducard

Having nothing to add, I remain quiet and listen, watching the body language of the two conversing.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"I do not know. Lord Culler was not one to share his innermost thoughts at the best of times. Further, it is not like I have been spending much time at the Necropolis recently. I have other tasks to attend to, above ground. All I can say is that communication dropped off. When I went to investigate, the Necropolis was empty."

A certain hardness had manifested in the Acolyte's voice. A verbal flash of steel as her sightless gaze finally locked onto the direction of the Priscus' voice.

"By all means, go there yourself, Priscus. The infrastructure is still in place. But now it is only an empty shell. No family there."

P
    Peter Baldwin

"I see. Thank you. I will let His Grace know of the movement... the disappearance of a number of Kindred in His Domain he will surely be concerned about. If I hear anything of them, I will let you know - and if you do, I would appreciate the same." Neutral, appreciative for the report. He wasn't blaming Dirge.

Moving on. He looked to the Whip. "Finally: Lady Whip, your Tenancy in the Communal Zone is confirmed. Ms. Ducard, Mr. Rhoads, and Dirge - if Tenancy there is something you wish to pursue, please see me privately. Are there any questions or concerns before we adjourn?"

S
    Shepard

Occupying a Necropolis had always seemed an unfortunate necessity to Nolan. So many of his cousins were afflicted in the most horrific manner. Their sins were set to their flesh. Those assembled had been blessed in a way. They could walk in public without inciting a riot.

The mention of Tenancy was alluring. Nolan could establish a more permanent home, yet it was not a priority at the present. "No questions sir."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.