Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Libertines Assemble!

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Emrys

PRE

The day had finally arrived. The Assembly was having it's first official meeting with all the new people, and at the Bartley Cavanaugh golf coarse country club place thingy none the less. Off to the side of the coarse itself were the gazebos used for events, which Emrys had rented and filled with food. Trays of sandwiches and various sodas and domestic beers formed a decent spread for the Libertines that decided to show.

Emrys himself had decided against dressing up, and was currently munching sandwiches and eying the cooler with the beer in it. The meeting cost him a couple hundred bucks if Maccy didn't reimburse him some, and was probably going to be the reason he had a choice of ramen and hot dogs for Christmas dinner, but they needed a meeting somewhere so he'd have to relish the world joy here today.

Relish and drink....

....a lot.

Was there a Life mage in the Assembly? From his encounter with Crowley he was thinking not.

Emrys

PRE

Pot 1 Time sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-02 18:58:34 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advanced Prolongation) (10 Again) 3, 1, 6, 8, 5, 3 1 success

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein strode across the golf course's pathways, guided largely by Parliament, who had a strange habit of knowing exactly where everything was, making him the perfect GPS for a Mage who really didn't want to have to deal with an actual GPS. She was coming straight from work, where she had managed to get herself out due to not having any classes for the rest of the day, and as such was still dressed in her usual semi-formal wear. It was uncomfortable and probably the cleanest thing she owned, but she was happy it was what she chose to wear to school today. It seemed to fit rather well for an event at a country club, which was by itself a strange experience and thought for her. If the local Libertines were hosting parties at country clubs, they must be loaded.

She approached the gazebos where she assumed the meeting was being held, and the single man inside. Once again, she had limned herself in the ghostly silver flames of Magic Shield -a habit she intended to not continue for much longer, with Banishers about- and strode up to the man, holding herself as she usually did, with her head up and a smile on her face. "Ah hello, is this where the event is? And is all this food for us?" Stupid question, she thought. These were her only formal clothes, she couldn't have afford to get them dirty, even if they weren't her work clothes.

Cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-02 18:48:46 Einstein rolls 10 to Magic Shield (Resolve + Occult + Prime) (10 Again) 2, 2, 2, 9, 5, 1, 8, 7, 1, 1 2 successes
    2014-12-02 18:48:33 Einstein rolls 9 to Supernal Vision (Wits + Occult + Prime) (10 Again) 4, 5, 4, 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 2, 3 2 successes

E
    Ermac

Upon reading Emrys's email, Ermac gave a disapproving glare at the screen. At this rate, I don't even... He sighed. Christmas bonus would hopefully be coming in this year.

The Syndic arrived at the golf course garbed in khaki pants, blue blazer and white button down collar long sleeve shirt. Einstein and Emrys were present. He greeted them cheerfully, "Seems we have E cubed."

Falstaff

PRE

It hadn't taken much to convince the receptionist that he was a caddy, maybe because of his height? Or perhaps, it had been his superior performance as an actor. Falstaff had spent the last two nights studying the movies Bagger Vance and Happy Gilmore. From these, he'd learned several things.

One. Dress like a clown. This first step came easy. Bright colors. Plaid. Funny hats. He was actually quite disappointed not to have achieved the usual shock with his appearance, rather, he seemed to fit right in?

Two. Don't go near the water. Gators. Enough said.

Three. Adam Sandler is way cooler than Matt Damon.

And so, having secured the golf cart, which is by far the second most important part of golfing, Falstaff gets to drinking, which, as a given, is the most important part of most things. He relishes the liberty of sanctioned drinking and driving. He even thinks to pop a wheelie as he nears the gazebo . . . and then he sees Ermac. So, he reduces the cart to speed limit, keeping all four tires on the ground.

There are newbs there among them. Perhaps Falstaff can pass as a respectable sort to them? "Good day, Ermie! Get any holes in your one?" he calls from the moving cart. He parks, and then beelines for the sandwiches and beer, but not before carefully inspecting beneath the tables for gators. And Matt fucking Damon.

R
    Rantifusa

Looking at the note in her cellphone with the address of the place, Hope confirmed she was at the right entrance.
    Ok Emma, today is the first day of the rest of your life. Don't be hasty, you don't know if you can trust them yet she thinks as she starts walking inside. After asking for directions (which wasn't easy, since she couldn't just say 'I'm here for the Free Council meeting') she saw the gazebos and walked that way.
    This is a fancy place for a Free Council meeting...
    As she was walking, she saw a guy in a golf cart drive in the same direction she was going and it stopped near some gazebos where other people where already there. I wonder if it's them

"Hi, excuse me, is this Mr. Emyr meeting? My name is Hope, I recieved an invitation." she asked the other mages.

Emrys

PRE

"This is it!" Emrys said as much to Einstein as Hope. Emrac's joke elicited a soft laugh before Emrys downed his last bite and wiped his hand off on his shirt. Falstaff was the only one that wasn't greeted with a smile, mostly because Emrys was responsible for anything he fucked up. His BS was not going to met jovially if he broke something at a country club Emrys could barely afford already.

"So, as most of you have probably gathered, my name is Emrys." The name was emphasized with a look to Hope. He wasn't mad or anything, but she was the one who mispronounced it so she got the eye contact for that part. "I called you all here because I heard there was going to be a meeting, so I figured I'd take the initiative to go ahead and organize it myself. Feel free to nom and drink, but the reason I wanted to call us all together is to do a head count. Like who do we have what do we have kinda deal."

The Enchanter made his way to one of the coolers, pulling out a bottle of Sam Adams before returning his gaze to the group. "I noticed not everyone is here yet, but I figure intro's are something casual enough to go ahead and start." He twisted the top off the beer and took a sip before continuing. "I'm an Enchanter, and Time and Space are kinda my deal. Disciple and Apprentice respectively. I got here just a few days ago from DC, where I had some very limited training as a Minuteman and Citizen Agent. Keep that last bit on the DL though, as I'd rather not be flung into combat or spycraft until I'm ready, and I sure as hell don't want to be pushed that direction by the Concilium. So strictly between us Libertines for if slash when we get a Column going."

The hand with beer sweeps the open space between the Libertines as Emrys finds his seat again, signaling someone else to join in the conversation.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein's hands twitched a little at the thought of food, but she chided herself mentally. These clothes needed to be kept clean, and if she started eating, they most definitely would not end up that way. Instead, she opted to introduce herself, shoving her hands into her pockets. "Ah, hi, I'm Einstein! I'm new to town, just got here about a month ago. I'm an Obrimos, and Prime is my, uh, my thing. I'm a Disciple in it, actually. For now. Not much longer, I've got some great thoughts on studies to progress even further into it." She paused. "I'm pretty new to the Council, in fact, until a few months ago, I was still a...an Apostate." Apostate. Right. Now she just had to remember that lie to retell to anyone who asked. And do a little more in-depth work adjusting her past to better fit that. "I'm a scientist before anything else, really, so if you find anything interesting to poke at, especially on the magical end of things, call me. I'm currently doing research into alternate theories of magic than most people get taught, though I've got some other irons on the fire too." Was that the saying? It sure sounded like it. Or was it buns in the oven? Maybe pans on the oven? Or plates in the dishwasher? Whatever, it was too late now. She smiled and hoped she was at least partially right.

R
    Rantifusa

When there was a silence in the conversation after Einstein's introduction, Hope knew it was her turn.
    "My name is Hope. I'm new to town too, I've been here just a couple of weeks.", it sounded like she was over, but a couple of seconds later she continued "Oh... I... I'm an enchanter as well, and I'm a disciple in Fate's Arcanum." She sounds like if she were distracted, as if she was somewhere else. Maybe she is just high or really sleepy. Again after two seconds of silence, while the others were wondering if she was over or not she added "I'm a math student... and I think that's it".

When Hope finished her introduction she looked at all the beer bottles Gosh... is there something non-alcoholic here? I know this is a social meeting but... oh, there it is...

E
    Ermac

Hearing "Ermie" called to him, Ermac looked and saw....Falstaff. He briefly envisioned himself to be Zeus delivering divine judgment unto the Fool. The Syndic wondered how his reputation would be affected. A positive reaction, most likely.

However, Falstaff had gifted him with a good deal of cash. Most likely, in attempts to make good on his contribution to the Assembly. That certainly helped cover the expenses of tonight. Better judgment decided to spare arcs-of-lightning wrath for another day.

With Emrys and Einstein's introductions completed, it fell to him. It was an opportunity to casually ignore Falstaff's inquiry. The man surveyed the crowd. There was another new face in the Assembly, quite possibly Consilium. "I am Eric Marks amongst Sleeping company." A point he had to reiterate on account of Falstaff's foolishness at the Insults for Charity. "I am Ermac, Councilor of Obrimos and Syndic of the Sacramento Assembly. My forte is Forces."

A passing thought of "Syndic Sugar Daddy" crossed his mind given he was "asked" to pay for this event.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread