Ended
Watch

An Evening at the Shady Lady

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    V
    Vivian York

The Shady Lady Saloon was located in the Communal Zone, but despite being in the Rack, Vivian opted for the adventure. Knowing its location, she fed before her trip down to the saloon. Ots ambiance was the chatter of some conversations she’d had the pleasure of eavesdropping. Upon doing a little more research, it seemed like it would fit her like the gloves she wore. Not to mention, the venue suggested a dress code; far less immature party-goers were likely to partake in the libations.

The Daeva strode in; a deep red dress was suitable tonight. Vivian was glad she finally lived in a time where fashion afforded nearly an ‘anything goes’ type of style. Although, often, there were times that some people should be shot by the fashion police. Paying disgustingly high prices for distressed clothing was absurd! Accompanied by black shoes and a favorite pair of gloves, the Succubus arrived in her blue Nova the smell of 273 lingering as she exited the vehicle. Her own perfume that night was Poison, a classic and unique Dior scent.

The venue was retooled to be a speak easy. For those that didn’t even know what it meant, the culture was still attractive since there were so many movies and books styled around that era. For others like herself, it was a reminder of more interesting times. Even though this wasn’t entirely her own era, she was close enough to it to have heard all the stories from the States. Prohibition was a serious affair during that time. The lobby felt like a time machine, the moment you entered it transported the visitor back several decades; now nearly a century.

Sitting in the lounge section, her legs were crossed toward the main entrance. She easily spoke to the bartender, ordering a French ’75. It was the holidays, a time for family and for most that meant a time to drink.

Cameron walks into the Shady Lady Saloon, this being his first visit. Supposedly it was one of the more unique spots here in Sacramento, setting itself apart from the others with its throwback style ambiance and its reputation for hosting live jazz music. Driving by it one night he'd observed patrons walking in and out of the place wearing all sorts of interesting period-oriented get ups. After seeing that he'd sent Allejandro shopping, having decided he'd like to see such a place on the inside, but only in proper attire.

The sleeves of his white shirt were rolled up to the elbow, and his brown vest matched the color of his slacks. He wore a black necktie and smart black shoes. The ensemble was completed by a brown bowler hat perched on his head. Hilariously (to Cameron at least) he'd had Allejandro get an identical outfit for himself. They looked quite the pair, the ghoul being a head taller and two shoulders wider than his master, and yet both wearing the same period-esque attire from head to toe. One lean and of average height with smooth pale skin, the other tall and muscle bound with brown heavily tattooed forearms. If the ghoul cared he didn't show it as he followed Cameron into the Saloon.

Cameron crossed the threshold, his visage lifelike from an infusion of vitae. Looking around he can't help but chuckle. At a glance he fit right in with the youthful, hipster crowd who tend to be drawn to places like these like mosquitoes to a warm body. That was good, for the purposes of blending in, but these people weren't his peers. Not even when he'd drawn breath had he considered them as such. Kids today lacked ambition. Most were content to be parasites. So few of them knew how to take control. To become the predator.

As he walked around, taking the place in, he caught sight of a few glances aimed at himself and his ghoul companion and it suddenly occurred to him that people might take the pair of them for lovers. This idea made him laugh aloud, with a sideways glance at the big ghoul. The idea didn't bother Cameron, (what are the opinions of the sheep to the wolf?) but he imagined his retainer becoming flushed at the mere idea. He decides not to mention it The better to tease him with later Allejandro had been in Cameron's service for many years and, while their relationship had never been a romantic one, the two were still quite close in an appropriately master-servant manner and Cameron truly enjoyed his retainer's company most of the time.

He made his way over to the bar and ordered a drink, he named something without really thinking about it - he just planned to hold it for the most part anyway - while scanning for familiar faces, or at best something to occupy his time on. The most interesting person in the room, by far, was the bombshell blonde with the sultry eyes in the red dress. Taking his drink in hand, he smiled and walked over to Vivian.

As he closed the gap between him, the Beast within him stirred and suddenly leapt to its feet. Roaring and demanding the woman's blood. Cameron stopped, narrowing his eyes a bit as he silenced the monster and took the woman in a second time - this time seeing her for what she was. I should have known a place like this might be popular amongst the Kindred. Historic ambiance and lots of flesh to press. It makes sense.

He walks over to Vivian and puts on a charming smile "Pardon me," he smarms "Is this seat taken?"

Stuff
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

V
    Vivian York

As the Daeva fraternized with the man behind the counter, before she could turn around she felt it. The Beast, that which made them hunger and the want to cower or fight another. Currently, she wanted to flee, momentarily, from the presence she felt invading the establishment. Then, not long after, he was near.

Upon hearing the man’s voice, Vivian swiveled around on the chair. Her lips curled into a grin and she offered the seat up next to her. “It will be, if you decide to take the seat.” Winking to the gentleman who spoke. She’d seen him a few times but hadn’t had time to greet him until now.

Placing her hand forward, her torso turned to him. “Vivian York.”

-1 Vitae for Blush (forgot to grab it last time when I copy/pasted)

Cameron bends down to take the offered hand and brushes his lips across the top, breathing in the scent of her perfume as he does so. Raising his eyes to hers "Cameron Levine. Charmed."

He waves his ghoul away with a casual gesture and takes the seat, his body half turned toward hers as he sat at the table, one hand idly stirring the ice cubes in his tumbler of Scotch as his eyes move around the room once more before finding his way back to Vivian. "I think I like this place. It's gaudy but that's the point, I believe. This is my first time coming in here. Do you come here often?" he grins, fully aware of the cliche.

V
    Vivian York

Sometimes, she wondered, what the feel of the many foreign lips to her hand would feel like if she were not to wear the gloves. But, as this was who she was, the thought passed almost as fast as it came. “Pleasure to meet you. You may call me Vivian, if you wish.” Smiling with a simple nod.

Playfully, the Daeva rolled her eyes. “Actually no, tonight is my first visit to this establishment. I’d heard it was unique and had a flourishing ambiance. The rumors are true, so it would seem.”

Vivian’s eyes skimmed the room for others she may recognize, but so far it was just the man before her. Given the decorum, she could easily see this becoming a new favorite bar. “So, what brought you here tonight? The gaudiness of the place or just on a whim?” Shortly tilting her head curiously in his direction. “So far, I like that you can speak to another person without having to shout.” Laughing gently, but it was true. Clubs did not always afford the luxury of conversation.

A
    Angel Ducard

It is a lovely city, the one that I walk in now, a city with warmth, and class. Sacramento is treated by many Californians as the states festering cancer, but I have found it to be lovely. The rivers, the parks, the clubs. As I walk into the club, that could have easily been named after me, I feel the city moving and breathing. Feedback radiates when I enter. Two signals of varying intensity. I was prepared for this, walking into a club in the fair Prince’s Rack, I would be a fool not to be. My master did not raise a fool.

I wear my dark top with the pearls and a matching silk skirt. I am, of course, blushed with blood and then adding the proper cosmetics to help add to my reality. A pair of heels, not sever, tasteful, and I am ready to live again.

To the bar I go,
    “Bowmore,” I pause, “Ooo, the Devil’s Cask. No ice please.” The look I give him is one that shows I am a serious lady, with serious tastes.

With drink in hand, I turn and look about the space. Four doors, front, emergencies and kitchen door. Darkened windows, waitresses, bartenders, all pretty normal. Sitting areas and a Island bar, all four sides. The patrons, all look pretty normal. Except two, both I recognize.
    “Bartender,” I lean in to speak into his ear. “You see those two across the bar. Would you be a dear and send them another round of drinks please. Thank you.” Out of my clutch I pull a money clip and I slip a 20 into his shirt pocket. With that bit of business done, I set the proper dollars on the bartop to pay for the 3 drinks.

"A bit of both, I think. Sometimes some whimsical gaudiness can be a relief from the all-too serious gaudiness of Court, don't you think? I'd heard about the place, but when I rode by and saw the various outfits on display I decided I wanted to play too." He's smiling, enjoying the conversation.

Suddenly a server was bringing them new drinks when he, of course, hadn't even touched the first. He followed the server's gesture over to the bar and noticed Angel. He recognized her from last month's court, but not from the one before it. He wondered if she was even fresher to town then he. Whatever the case, his Beast did not lurch at its restraints in either direction (for the door or for her throat), and so he could guess one thing about her, at the very least.

However, now his cup overfloweth with drinks. After the server leaves he motions Allejandro over to give him one of the beverages - the one he'd bought himself. It would be rude to regift.

Leaning in to Vivian he nods in Angel's direction "She was at Court last month. I saw her talking to Clarke with a bunch of other evident newcomers probably getting 'sworn in.'" Sitting back again he waves at Angel, smiling, gesturing for her to come over and join them.

V
    Vivian York

Did he mistake shout with freely? Are you bloody kidding me?

Vivian, a rarely tense Daeva, was suddenly that on a subtle level. Thankfully a minor observation of the State geography would come in handy. “Yes, I think that the Supreme Court down the road is a little too serious for my taste. The outside of the building looks all stuffy, I can’t imagine the interior is any different.”

To the Succubus’ surprise, the drinks ‘magically’ appeared before them. The blonde smiled delightedly, presuming at first some gorgeous male sent over drinks… except, they each had a refreshed one. Vivian had only intended to make her first look pretty in her hand, but she would have to imbue at least one now. Turning to glance around, it was then that Cameron leaned in.

And said yet another ridiculous mention of their Elysia in a place that was not. “Ah, yes, I see.” It was someone gorgeous, but man it was not. Vivian rose off her stool in a quick motion. “I think it’s time for a table, Cameron.” Scooping up both drinks from the bar top, motioning with her head and shoulder to the one who sent along the drinks. Her face and body language carefree and easily said ‘come join us’. The Daeva casually walked to a booth across the way.

Cameron takes note of Vivian's bristly and awkward way of 'covering for him' regarding his usage of the word court. In Cameron's personal experience mortals still used the word rather frequently to describe something much more commonplace than vampire elysia, but he took careful note of it anyway. It wasn't as if he'd described Clarke has 'His Grace.' In fact he'd described the newcomers as having been sworn in at a court of all places. Still, perhaps Sacramento was a more uptight place than he was used to. He takes his drink in hand and, flashing a smile to Angel, follows Vivian to the table.

S
    Shepard

That night Nolan had been wandering the Rack. No he hadn't fed there, but he was curious what the Prince's personal rack was like. Up to par by any man's standards. His eyes wandered so many places, that he almost missed Angel Ducard as she passed by. It seemed only natural to follow her into the bar she'd entered. He knew so few after all.

Speak easy felt like a higher end version of a bar Nolan had frequented in Tuscaloosa, just a bit more uptight. No he wasn't period, but he made it through the door.

The outfits made Premsyl Cameron Levine and his ghoul stick out immediately.

They're such a cute couple... If only I could rip his throat out. The rage of the beast passed even as his eyes crossed Vivian York .

No doubt they'd all end up together. He holds up a finger as if to say just a moment and then pulls up beside Angel Ducard . "Good evening Ms. Ducard." Nolan leans against the bar and tries to flag a bartender. "I dare say some of our prettier co-workers are here. Shall we join them?" By now Vivian and Cameron were making their way to a table. "Looks as though they are making room."

Nolan's eyes just set on Angel. Staring. Waiting.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.