Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1412) Winter Convocation

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    SquirrelWizard

The more Brandy heard, the more concerned she was. The Order in Seattle wasn't a stranger to conflict and intrigue, but here Brandy felt she was walking into a war-zone here.

A frown crossed her face.

From what it sounded like, the Order needed people who were already established and capable of contributing towards these problems. Brandy had just barely arrived in the city, and would need to network before she could really be useful. Brandy chose to remain silent, to judge from what she heard, there needed to be more talking about the issues the Order faced, and not some interloper interrupting.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael hangs back, listening to everyone talking. Regan lays it one heavily, making it crystal clear just how many problems they are dealing with. The mention of the automatic scanner is waved off:

"The device can be disassembled. I will transport it to a warehouse, bounce around several times and then move it to the new Library".

Not many comments are needed, except for one very important issue:

"Why do we assume that Ms. Khan and the Society aren't allies? I would also like to minimize direct damage but letting the Society to storm the Florin Chapter House and burning it down with them inside is also an option".

Not the humane option but certainly a sensible one for dealing with a Breach.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

David is still as he listens, a nexus of information coming and going. The look of contemplation imbues itself in the Scarecrow's posture while a thoughtful expression falls on his face. It's a lot to juggle. The Domain may have faced perils like this before, but has it dealt with them all at once? David only frowns as Max hides behind the specter of Martha Villiers, hoping to excuse his own inaction. A slow blink, and David releases a breath he did not know he was holding.

I hope then, you can leverage your past history in the Domain, Scholar Heinz ( Mykel ), to offer your assistance to Regent Brady as she investigates the Lady Elder,” The Grand Wyrm says placidly. “I cannot stress enough the threat that those who want the Lady Elder pose; they've already murdered a Kindred, where Khan is only a potential at the moment.” A beat, “We need to, at the very least, keep an eye on the Lady Elder. It is still unknown what the adversary wants of her. As far as Nefertiti Khan, herself, keep the Order appraised of her movements. If there is a list of facts gleaned that I can research from, I'd like to get started in trying to piece together what manner of Strange Ms. Khan is.

For the rest,” David continues, swinging his attention to the assembled, “make it a point to try and find the Vagrants, but do not engage them if you find them. Call upon Dog and Guardian Burns if you catch a bead.

Turning to Tracy ( Jag ) , “The Stone Capitol is something I would not like to fall out of our hands. We do not know what powers it truly possess other than, 'occluding from sight' or the truth of how it works. Nor, how its powers would be destroyed.” A slight nod there, “It is far better in our hands than with an unknown variable.” A meaningful look to Michael, “Lightsworn Redfill ( Matamune ), please assist Guardian Burns with the evacuation of material from the Florin Chapter House.

A long note of silence follows as David allows for any other questions to be asked.

I apologize that we weren't able to introduce ourselves for our newest member,” David softly remarks as he finally looks towards Brandy ( SquirrelWizard ) and tries on a look of assurance. “Please feel free to do so, Miss. I am Traveled Azure Scribe of Equilibrium, David Regan and the Academy's Grand Wyrm, as well as a walker of the Path of the Star. Please feel free to impose on me with any questions you might have as you settle in.

Taking in a breath, David then tells the rest, “Before I turn the floor over to Seer Bingen, I have two announcements for the Order as a whole. First, I would like to establish a Sacramento Rite codifying our unique modus operandi. Personally, I practice a Philadelphian Rite,” twinged a bit with the Damascus Rite, “but I feel like a unique Rite that fits Sacramento itself, is needed. If anyone has anything they'd like to see in it, please see me. Secondly, in the next month or two, I will be conducting the Courses of Light and Darkness. If you have not yet taken the Course or are interested in learning about it, be welcomed.

Shifting on his feet, David looks to Hildegarde Seer Bingen, the floor is yours; please describe the state of the Praxis as well as your expectations for the Chapter House.

Halfway Mark! Let's start wrapping up to be on time before the Holidays.

PRE

Tracy nodded at Michael's words in regards to the scanner, glad that such a thing could be handled with ease. Her attention turned to the Grand Wyrm once more as he spoke, listening closely to his words. "Understood," she said in response to his words about the Stone Capitol. "I can work with Lightsworn Redfill and any others who wish to lend a hand." Her emerald green eyes looked around the room as she said those words. Surely there would be others that would be interested in helping out. "We will make certain that the Stone Capitol, and other sensitive materials are transported to this location," she added as her eyes focused once more on David.

When the Shadow drew attention to the unfamiliar face amongst them, Tracy turned to face the woman and offered her a pleasant smile. "I am Tracy Burns," she said to the newcomer. "Dedicated Scribe of Terror." She left out the bit about being the Priscus of Clan Gangrel, since such information was irrelevant in a gathering of Dragons as far as she was concerned.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

At last Hildegarde changed her pose, shifting to something both matronly and regal as her veiled head tracked across the assembled company. For a moment, she examined carefully the newcomer.

"I am Hildegarde, a Seer. Enlightened Sable Scribe of the Burning Equilibrium."

In the pause that followed, the Seer mentally noted the feel of her full title. Once she expected to spend her existence as one of the Dedicated, focussed on only one Domain. She had never expected the lessons of a second Domain would open to her so easily - or in such a fortuitous and unexpected fashion.

Turning to the rest of the Academy, she continued: "No doubt you will all be ware of how, in recent months, the tempo of the Requiem has quickened in this Domain. The sluggish nights have passed as the one who holds Praxis has made their presence felt. The old comitatus which had accreted to the Prince's Office has fallen away and with it the old networks of patronage and prestige, correct? With the Seneschal and the Harpy gone, their purview's have fallen into the hands of the Prince. Only the Office of Reeve remains and that, too, is much changed."

Again the pause as the Seer let the Academy think on the implications. Here, under their own roof, the Seer felt secure enough to dispense with Unconquered formalities. The Prince was power personified. And Sacramento's Prince had once again taken an interest in the affairs of the other predators, over whom he claimed Praxis. More importantly, it was the offices of the Court which had withered the most since Prince Asa Clarke's return.

"Note too, the ascendancy of the Prisci. A bold and clever move and a wonderful mechanism to reframe our nights no doubt, along the lines of Family rather than Covenant. This is a further sign of the recent Change that is flowing through our world. I perceive that this parliament of Prisci, while merited in many respects, holds within it the seeds of an implicit challenge to the Order, for ours is the only Covenant that yet remains in an organised fashion within this Domain. The Carthian Movement has few roots here and the Lance appears to be... headless... and absent, at this crucial moment of transition. The Circle of the Crone have... a farm and, from what I hear, a neglected Temple - have they not also been chastised recently? A parliament of Prisci is an indirect challenge for it seeks to offer an alternative route to power. One that does not include us and seeks to marginalise our influence. A Domain founded on the ties of Family will necessitate weaker Covenants, but do not think the Unconquered will give up their position. Rather than a mailed fist, the First Estate seeks to use a velvet glove - for if I see how many of the ascending Prisci are of the Unconquered, so do you, my peers."

If nothing else, the blood hunt - on an Elysium's grounds - had demonstrated the power of the Prince to tear down even rumoured ancients should he wish to do so.

"To counter this trend, I would call for unity. For a while now this Academy has been fractured - both physically, in that there have been two Chapters, but also broken within. Keeping secrets in trust for those who earn the privilege is one thing; allowing lines of needful communication to break down is another. And that is what has happened - to the personal loss of an invaluable colleague and the wasteful use of time and treasure that could have been spent on seeking out our missing Kogaoin. This will - must! - Change."

She moved subtly again, this time given prominence to her words:

"I have a vision for a united Academy with a single Chapter House. It shall be a fastness for our Order: a place of defence; a refuge and a haven; a place of learning; a place where our writ is law. The beginnings of such a place is here, which was of old our Seat in this Domain, though much work is needed. All are welcome in the effort. Let this Chapter House be a physical sign of our unity of purpose!"

Another pause. Then, an after thought as a benediction.

"I understand the Florin Chapter House has been compromised; it would pain me to lose such a valuable piece of infrastructure, which could be turned to an ancillary function. However, such decisions are beyond my remit and will lie to those assigned to defeat our enemy. I have faith in my peers abilities to see us through this trial."

She turned her gaze to Tracy Burns and then to Michael Redfill, even as she lapsed into silence.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max turns first to Michael, to answer the man's question. "One of the guards we interrogated talked about chasing away someone that was spying on Khan's holdings in Florin. Strung-out junkie wearing a hoodie; deceptively strong and impossible to catch. Sound like anyone the Order has run into lately?"

He then turns his attention to Regan, nodding his head at the man's directions. "As you wish, Grand Wyrm."

Next he turns to Tracy, locking eyes with the Gangrel and offering her a quick nod of the head when she asks if anyone else is interested in helping secure the old Chapter House's treasures. There might not be many Dragons left in the Domain, but they would give anyone who tried to stop them hell. As the others introduce themselves to the newest arrival to the Dragons, Max follows suit. He glances to Brandy before speaking. "Max Heinz, Scribe of Equilibrium."

As the meeting begins to wind down, Hildegarde begins to address the gathered Kindred. As he listens to the women's concerns and observations; Max is relieved that the Scribe seems to have observed the same shifting political climate he had. Too often, the Order believed itself separate from the political machinations of it's enemies. That the Seer was able to perceive and analyze the recent changes within with city's power structure was certainly welcome.

After Hildegarde finishes, Max remains silent; feeling he has nothing to add to the woman's words and observations. Instead, he looks to Tracy and Michael; waiting to see if either wishes to address the charge they've been given.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael listens and thinks... at some point, he introduces himself half-mindedly:

"Michael Redfill, Traveled Azure Scribe of Equilibrium", - the newcomer doesn't get much attention as their situation demands a lot from them, - "An uncatchable thief in a hoodie? There are damn too many unfamiliar supernaturals in this town".

It is like an infestation. Something that Office of the Reeve should help get out of Sacramento or bury on the spot.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

PRE

Tracy caught Max's look and nod, and she nodded in response to him. She understood his gesture, and was grateful that he would be joining her and Redfill in retrieving the artifacts from the Florin Chapter House. Regardless of what history they had, the petite Gangrel still trusted Max. Perhaps it was that very same history that inspired such confidence in the Mekhet after all. Sure he had his flaws, but the same could be said about anyone and everyone standing around in the room. That was one of many reasons they had all joined the Order after all, was it not? To overcome such flaws and transcend into a greater state of being.

She turned her attention to Hildegarde as she spoke up. There was a lot that was being said, but much of it didn't concern Tracy all that much. As far as she was concerned, the Order did not need to involve itself so heavily in the politics of the Domain. Their studies came first, and she felt that overburdening oneself with political drama was merely an obstacle. Obviously, she was one of the Prisci that the Ventrue was speaking about, so she felt like she needed to say something at the very least.

"I understand your concerns, Seer Bingen," said the redheaded Gangrel as she addressed the Ventrue. "But I do think that with myself amongst this Parliament, and with at least a couple of members of this Academy serving as the Whips to their respective Clans, we have a way of making sure that the Domain's politics do not affect this Academy in a negative fashion." Once she had said that, she offered Hildegarde a quick smile and then fell back to silence. She had said what she needed to say, and had nothing more to add at that moment.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

With the main thrusts of the Convocation finished, the group breaks into small groups of conversation both to catch up and to welcome their newest member. Then, they too, dissipate like the fog at dawn.

Good Scene Everyone!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.