DISPLAYED
(Night Lightning) Unwelcome guests

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Vassagon , Dark Passenger , SoraLow

It is always one thing to hear about somebody's wealth and another - to see it. And there is a difference between 'rich' and 'wealthy'. Both of those cliches hit hard as the three Kindred approach the Saunders family estate. 'Estate' is a nice word and utterly fitting for the considerable piece of suburbia that has been carefully carved out on the outskirts of Sacramento.

The house itself is a reasonably modest two-storey affair with walls decorated in wood, a lot of windows and a porch with a small white dining table surrounded with chairs covered by warm blankets. The lights are on over the porch, in two windows on the first floor and around the grounds.

Ah, yes, the grounds. This is where the affluence is most visible: with a network of paths going around meticulously cut shrubs and trees. Even as winter approaches, the perfection and care put into making this family domain is clear.

Chris, Richard and Konrad find themselves several dozen yards away from a large gate in a wrought iron decorative fence surrounding the property, just outside of the range of a security camera placed above the entrance.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad whistles a low note, impressed by the vast grounds the Saunders call home. The amount of space certainly grants the family their privacy, enforced by the barrier and the security in place. It's nothing that Konrad hasn't mentally prepared for, but he begins to wonder what it would be like to enjoy such luxuries.

He shakes away the fantasy and refocuses on the task on hand. As they had planned they would go through the front gate after talking their way through. Of course the results may vary in that regard. One thing is for certain, they wouldn't be able to go through the gate without getting spotted by that camera.

-1 WP to counteract mystic distortion

Richard isn't off put by the size or luxury of the estate. Rather than a beautiful landscape and lavish home, all Richard can see is a large property the likes of which in his lifetime would have required dozens of unpaid workers to maintain. All Richard saw was gluttony, as such it was absolutely zero skin off his noise to take anything he needed from these people. He was aware that this was a rather extreme rational but frankly he didn't really give a fuck. Up above he notices a security camera, then another, and a few more until he realizes that there was no way they were going to be able to walk up to the front door without being filmed. Though he would rather not have his face seen, he chooses the lesser of two evils and allows his image to appear.

-1WP to reveal imagine on camera

4. Likes Matamune liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Chris hangs back, letting Richard and Konrad begin their more sociable approach, figuring it will at least serve as a distraction for his infiltration.

Vass, Sora, let's start. DP has had a trauma and it's a bit unclear when he will be able to post again. For now, your approaches don't interfere with each other much so let's have a couple rounds of posts while he gets better.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Alright, Richard. Remember, we're going to try playing this nice to start. We're just a couple of charity workers looking to discuss the growing need of support in Africa. Hrmph, wish I had a pamphlet." What they really are is conmen. They'd have to lie through their teeth to get their foot in doors this big. "So, uhh, guess we'll call it, Helpful Haven Foundation?"

Konrad hovers just outside the camera's view with Richard for any last second exchanges to make before approaching the gate.

"Aight das cool. You speak first though, if it seems like they arn't gonna by it then I'll work my magic." Richard takes one last hard look around his the area, just in case there were any groundsmen or security guards around that may have already noticed them.

Checking surroundings / 1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-04 20:13:50 Richard Black rolls 5 to Notice Surroundings Wit + Comp (10 Again) 2, 4, 9, 3, 4 1 success

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad steps forward towards the gate, looking for an intercom to communicate with someone inside. If he finds one he'll press the buzzer and patiently wait for a reply.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris had to park his car a little further, since the plan was to stay hidden. While in his car he sends the other two a text:

I'll walk in the shadows behind you, unseen. Expect me to follow you inside. If things don't work out I'll try a back door. Otherwise, just stall. Remember I have a few "mind" tricks.

That should be clear now. Chris might have forgotten to make it completely clear earlier. Then he puts his phone on silent, but he keeps it in his left hand to be able to read incoming texts. He steps out of his car and finds a place where no one sees him. Then the Shadow work begins. Weapons are well hidden, and soon, the Reeve himself is quite hard to find with the mundane eye.

He slowly makes his way over to the others, eyes and ears opened. Now they can only hope their plans works.

Activate Enhanced Senses

Obfuscate rolls
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-05 18:58:40 Chris rolls 10 to Int + Stealth + Obf (+1 being alone) for Cloak of Night (10 Again) 3, 5, 1, 3, 10, 2, 10, 1, 2, 9, 3, 5 3 successes
    2014-12-05 18:43:05 Chris rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow prybar (-1 size) retry (10 Again) 8, 7, 7, 4, 8 2 successes
    2014-12-05 18:41:32 Chris rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow katana (-2 for size) (10 Again) 2, 10, 7, 8, 3, 1 2 successes
    2014-12-05 18:40:55 Chris rolls 6 to Touch of Shadow prybar (-1 size) (10 Again) 1, 6, 4, 1, 2, 1 failure
    2014-12-05 18:40:31 Chris rolls 7 to Touch of Shadow knife (10 Again) 2, 9, 2, 1, 6, 3, 10, 3 2 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Obfuscation is a funny thing. The concept of invisibility might be cool but the idea of convincing everyone and everything to deceive themselves into thinking he's not there... It might be a lot less flashy but it is much more interesting. As he focuses on his senses, everything jumps into colour and he can suddenly hear everything that goes on around the other two Kindred.

Konrad steps toward the gate and immediately sees the buzzer in front of him. The reply follows almost immediately at the press of the button: a stereotypically British voice sounds, somewhat distorted by the speaker:

"Good evening, how may I help you?"

For now, due to his mastery of Auspex, Chris can hear pretty much everything that Konrad and Richard hear.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad feels the buzz in his pocket, having received a text, but he's already pressed the button at the intercom and isn't ready to divert his attention just yet.

"Uh, yeah, hi. I'm K..Kurt, from the Helpful Haven Foundation. I understand that Ms. Saunders is very interested in supporting charities that help less-than-fortunate children, both locally and abroad. I wonder my associate and I would be able to speak with her briefly about our charity this evening?"

Lie, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-06 14:12:33 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to lie his way into the Saunders estate [MAN+Sub+WP] (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 6, 3, 5, 6, 6, 4 1 success
    -1 WP

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread