Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

The letter that Jennifer had sent to Priscus Cordoba had suggested a meeting to discuss a mutual arrangement. Priscus Cordoba had kindly replied in proper decorum with a time that befitted the many duties that likely went with his new appointment. Jennifer called the Priscus and confirmed the appointment, polite and using all proper titles that the Masquerade had unfortunately afflicted, substituting 'Sir' for 'Priscus'. She would have preferred to remain using the olden means of communication, but time was ticking by. Sometimes a phone call saved so much time!

Upon arriving at the address Jennifer had suggested, Priscus Cordoba discovers a 'Flower Shop' that appears to be a store front with an attached green house. The lights are on within, although the sign states 'closed'. Upon his approach of the door, Jennifer opens the door and greets him.

"Good evening. I hope that the night finds you well," Jennifer takes a moment to survey the parking lot. The area is sparsely populated at this time of night and Jennifer is pleased to greet properly, if somewhat more quietly so that her voice does not carry.

"- Priscus Cordoba. Would you care to step inside?" Jennifer sidesteps to allow passage through the door, making a gesture of inclusion to the Kindred of Quality.

Looking beyond the brunnette at the door, the Daeva can see a round dining table set in the center of the room flanked by two straight backed chairs. Several counters line the wall, with a few tasteful displays of flowers for sale. The lighting has been dimmed a few notches by use of a dimmer, but is adequate to see by with only a few shadows hugging the corners of the room. A small box wrapped in green paper and tied with a black satin bow sits beside one of the chairs. The best of Vivaldi plays through a Iphone speaker softly flooding the room with music.

Juan Cordoba

The musical choice

Referenced scene
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Daeva smiled at the Nosferatu's warm reception. "Thank you," he replied cordially. When Hazelton stepped aside, he swiftly entered to escape potential eavesdroppers. Cordoba closed his eyes briefly, listening to the music of a bygone era. "Vivaldi..." he whispered with reverie. "One of the best composers to ever live."

With the moment of euphoria behind him, Juan glanced about the flower shop before turning his full attention to Jennifer. No Beast to disturb him. "Lady Notary Hazelton, thank you for the invitation. I trust all is well."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"One of my favorites," Jennifer confided. "- perfect music for the topics to discuss tonight." Jennifer does not elaborate on these topics, leaving it unsaid. She did not want to dominate the conversation, choosing to state her intentions and see which topics interested the Daeva Priscus. Her letter had touched upon the reason for the meeting; and as it was an informal meeting of two Invictus; she trusted there was a natural progression.

"Indeed Priscus Cordoba, I assure you all is well. I wished to extend to you my congratulations at your new appointment. Please, make yourself comfortable."

Jennifer walks near the table unconsciously touching her scarf to assure herself her deformity was concealed from sight. Jennifer takes a seat at the table and waits, her expression pleasant for the new Priscus of the Daeva to make himself comfortable. Jennifer was comfortable with silence for a beat, listening for the Daeva gentleman's thoughts to be expressed. He was a rising star at the moment, and Jennifer found him a pleasant conversationalist. Truly, she should have made an effort to get to know him better before this. She did want to see if Priscus Star had relayed their arrangement, but she was in no hurry.

Juan Cordoba
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

J
    Juan Cordoba

As Hazelton spoke, the Nosferatu's voice was an auditory disturbance. A trait he had forgotten about since they had last seen one another. "Thank you ever so much."

Cordoba approached the table with a relaxed stride, almost attuned to the rhythm of the music. Taking his seat across from Jennifer, he rested his forearms upon the table, elbows positioned well away from the surface. An open and friendly posture.

Juan smiled, "I am most impressed with your assortment of flora. It is always a meticulous process, yet the beauty displayed is always worth the effort."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer did admire the Daeva's - to her - easy confidence as he approaches the table. She recalled her poor relationship with a previous resident of Sacramento, a Daeva who had looked down on the Nosferatu. The Daeva Priscus' attitude revealed no such flaw to Jennifer's observation and she smiled, genuinely pleased. She listens to Juan, nodding slightly to show that she is actively listening to him.

"Effort must be made to keep up appearances - yet the result is ever so nice."
    Jennifer smiles, gesturing to a bouquet of blue Convolvulus. "That is my favorite." The Nosferatu confides, her ruined voice slightly softer with the confession.

"Repose and night - the perfect message for so many things. Once I learned of its meaning after my Embrace, I took it to heart to relate to our Condition - the First Estate."
    Jennifer admitted. "A childe's thought of course, twisting everything to relate to one's own situation."

"I am glad that you share an interest in botany. I feel that a flowered message can convey so much more - especially where nuances and words are occasionally misinterpreted in conversation; leading to embarrassment."

She expected he may remember hardly an Invictus meet went by without someone being embarrassed.
    "I do want to discuss some matters of the First Estate with you. I feel that you are uniquely situated to see things others might miss. You must certainly hear things as you display excellent skills in diplomacy."
    Jennifer smiles, hoping to convey that she is sincere.

"Perhaps its because you are an artist."
    Jennifer muses.

"Other Kindred may dismiss certain actions taken by other Kindred as nothing, but with our charges from the last meeting - we all must make every effort on both recruiting and protecting our assets and orchestra from being usurped. The Crone has a talented leader in Reeve Wooding... A man of many talents, the Reeve. An old friend of mine was quite enraptured by him. He may posses excellent skill in appealing to other Kindred, especially newcomers. " Jennifer states.

"How do you feel about our most recent meeting of the First Estate?" Jennifer inquires.
    "I am very curious how you interpreted the assignments - and if you see any opportunities for us to pursue."

Jennifer takes an interest in Juan's thoughts, leaning forward slightly as she listens to his reply.

Juan Cordoba

Flower meanings

J
    Juan Cordoba

Dark brown eyes followed over to the Notary's beloved flora. The associated interest expressed by her was committed to memory. Passion, when it presented itself, was to be cherished. Cordoba nodded in silent appreciation.

As Hazelton brought up the heart of their meeting. The Daeva's face remained friendly. Wooding became Reeve. That was impressive as it was unexpected to hear. Perhaps there was a correlation with Redfill's recent activities.

Juan smiled cheerfully in return to her compliment. "Grace unto you," he replied in pleasant gratitude.

As Jennifer elaborated further he listened attentively. "I thought it went well enough." Everyone involved knew which parties were embarrassed. He himself counted amongst that number - slighted by Harold Thorne. Such would not occur again.

"Indeed I do keep an ear to the ground." Through courtesy, many obstacles were avoided. "As I see it, it is now time to reassert our influence." Cordoba paused to contemplate the matter further.

"For the immediate future, we should identify candidates and begin assessing their character." A slow and purposeful gaze surveyed the interior of the flower shop before settling upon the Masked Nosferatu. "In the long term view, something monumental should be accomplished. We might wish to fulfill Lady Harpy Star's dream of an Invictus Guest House."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"I would be quite pleased to take part in fulfilling the Invictus Guest House. Any way to contribute to the First Estate; and I will be pleased to do so. Yet we should be cautious in our recruiting efforts. Only the very best shall be recruited. Master Galloway was one with promise. He has..." Jennifer paused, letting Priscus Cordoba fill in the blanks.

"It would be devastating to recruit a waste of resources and time. The Oath Swearing has made it clear that only those dedicated to the First Estate will rise. Recruiting someone destined to remain a page for decades would be quite a black eye." Jennifer smiled wryly.
    "We should discuss ways of testing character. With our unique - and vastly different experiences- we would complement each other. Yet... Lets table recruitment for a moment."

Jennifer suggested. "You stated now is time to reassert our influence. Do you refer to the Invictus Guest House or something else as well?"

Interest danced in her brown eyes.

"There is the matter that I mentioned in my letter."

J
    Juan Cordoba

Galloway, whoever that was, was an apparent failure. "I agree wholeheartedly. A partnership governed by prudence would prove interesting." He nodded to her request to focus on another topic, "As you wish."

The Daeva assessed the Nosferatu's two-pronged inquiry. A few seconds of silence elapsed to consider the options. Gauging the significance of Jennifer's invitation, "I yield," he smiled warmly, "I am intrigued to hear your thoughts referenced in the letter."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"I would like to discuss - more in detail - the Prince's edicts." Jennifer stated.
    I would like to discuss one thing that is very important for my own completion of the goals that I have set out to complete. Specifically, I had a conversation with Former priscus Star as to how she could aid me in that respect. I don't suppose that she spoke about this agreement with you?" Jennifer looks at Jaun for confirmation.

"I agree that a working relationship between us would be beneficial. I hope that you would think it over - specifically to how we can aid one another's influence among the first estate. I mentioned in my letter that I would like to see you rise in esteem in the First estate; as you have done so well for yourself in other arenas. What are your thoughts?"

ooc

J
    Juan Cordoba

At the mention of Harpy Star, Cordoba's brows furrowed and shook his head. "Sadly no information was conveyed to me." Yet, the man was undaunted. His features relaxed and he smiled to the Nosferatu. "That aside, I am interested in discussing what we can accomplish together. " A considerate and friendly request, "Let's go one step at a time. If you are comfortable, perhaps we can discuss what your current goals are and see where my talents fit in. Then you can bring me up to speed on the conversation you had with Former Priscus Star.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread