Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

[ri]http://nwod.org/wiki/images/Circle.jpg[/ri]3300 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento's very own Westminster and stronghold to the Adamantine Arrows. The building was every bit strong and resolute as it appeared, and being home to the militant order of magus within Sacramento only amplified the fact.

To Weavebreaker it was a symbol of respite from a long arduous day. A place to get out of the elements and get some much needed rest with a modicum of safety. She couldn't be blamed for being quick to be at the door with the key-card she was given all those years back by Vae. Weavebreaker gave a quick swipe she held the door open for the others to enter.

"Let's get inside quickly..." Weavebreaker regarded the others that were pulled into this mess. More than one had gotten lucky today...

This scene is connected to All In and Cash Game, so no Mana regeneration or Willpower refreshing occurs. Please maintain resource use records and damage tracks.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

T

Striker held the door as the others followed them through. He kept a watchful eye on the streets as best he could. There was no point dropping their guard and losing Ace just before they got him inside the relative safety of the Circle. Would Nero be able to track them to here?

The Australian had a serious expression as he scanned the streets and alleys, his gaze flicking to Ace, the reason they were in this dire situation.

M
    Mace

Mace followed the others into the Circle, keeping an eye on Ace. He was new here, and he didn't quite belong. That being said, he didn't deserve to die for what he'd doen either. Stashing him here, safe and sound, while they prepared their next move was probably the best bet. It didn't mean that she wasn't as anxious as her sister to get moving. Sitting through the ritual to keep Ace safe wasn't her idea of a fun time. But they had to do what they had to do, and that was the only way to really move forward.

"Best to get right down to it," she said. "How are we going to deal with this?" She indicated Ace with a wave of her hand. "We can't keep him locked up here forever, even if we do get the Wards up. How can we chase him down without setting up our newest guest as bait?" She'd do it if they had to, but other ideas would be nice.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper got inside the building, and glance over to Ace, then to her sister. "We need a plan. To end this. Defenses will only last so long and so well. They can be beat."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"We need rest." Weavebreaker reminded them. "We can do little in the state we are in." Weavebreaker's eyes shifted through the group. "Let's break into the First Aid and get some cots setup. I could do with some food too and to be honest I have had to pee since we left the hotel."

"Let's just take a breather and collect ourselves."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi followed behind the group, determination and pain write across his face. He was torn and bloodied and without thought, he tore off the remainder of his ruined shirt; no qualms if revealing his bare, excessive torso. The wounds had clotted but still looked fresh and raw.

[color=blue]"No. I must try to sever Nero's sympathic connection with Nero, or at least lessen it."[/blue]

They had no time for rest. This was a priority.

M
    Mace

Mace hesitated, then nodded at Weavebreaker. "Go ahead and get some supplies, and take your bio break." She turned to Jonokuchi. "You're right, start working on those threads. Do you need anything to get started?" Next up, Striker. "Are you tapped out? If you can do something for his wounds, that'll probably help the rituals. If not, go help Weavebreaker."

Lastly, she turned to her sister and Ace. "Let's get some ideas moving," she said. "At least get them noted down so we can look at them fresh after a rest." If they were even going to get a chance to rest. Better to have a half-formed plan now, despite the exhaustion, than to be caught completely unprepared. "Cutting the ties also means we can't use them to spring anything on Nero. So alternate ideas. Do we know if he's staying in town?" She looked at Ace. "You mentioned an accomplice, anything more you can tell us? How has he been tracking you? Has he attacked like that before? Anything more you can tell us would help at this point."

T

The Australian looked concerned at the sight of Jonokuchi's wounds and Mace's suggestion. "I'll be tapped after this I reckon." he said as he reached up to put a hand on the big man's shoulder. He chanted and felt the last of his stored power flow into Jonokuchi. Some of his wounds knitted themselves back together, but most of the power dissipated into nothing.

"Dammit!" he exclaimed, seeing that Jonokuchi's wounds had a long way to go before they were healed. Why'd the spell on Ace go so well, but the rest of the time I've been flailing around like a tassie devil at lunch time? Maybe it's the heat of the moment thing... His face dropped in disappointment. "That's all I got sorry mate. Jeez, I'm knackered ay." he said feeling about ready to pass out for the night.

1 suxx Healing Heart on Jonokuchi (-1M)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-03 09:33:00 Striker rolls 6 to Heaing Heart (Gno+Lif+HS) (10 Again) 4, 6, 5, 3, 9, 7 1 success

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

The acanthus gave a small sigh of relief as Mace took over. For all that Pepper had charisma... she didn't know how to deal with this situation at all.

"Weavebreaker can give you more, when she gets back, right?" Pepper shot concerned looks between the two Archangels, then glanced back to Mace. "Ace witnessed Nero killing a woman with lightning before. He'd mentioned that. Definitely I want to know if he's in Town, and I'd like to find out how we could use the sympathetic link against him."

C
    Cross

nd. "Cutting the ties also means we can't use them to spring anything on Nero. So alternate ideas. Do we know if he's staying in town?" She looked at Ace. "You mentioned an accomplice, anything more you can tell us? How has he been tracking you? Has he attacked like that before? Anything more you can tell us would help at this point."
    Ace shook his head frenetically, eyes whipping from Awakened to Awakened. There was something about this place that just... didn't work for him. It was like he was sitting in the heart of Catholicism here. When Mace asked her question, he replied, "I honestly have no idea, man. I'm no Space ace. I... I've never been hit so hard in my life. Like, jesus! Lightning bolts..." He kept shaking his head, like he was really, really scared. "He's never attacked me before. He's just been chasing me. We had one close call in the past, and he got my wallet once..."

Eyebrows rose in realization.

"Fuck. I hope he hasn't tracked my True Name, man. My fake ID isn't perfect and I'm in the criminal registry..."

Space mages - Wits+Occult

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread