Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner Date?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

PRE

With a smile, Josephine began to back into a well of deeper darkness, whatever patch of shadow might be immediately nearby and most easily accessible. The thief would follow her, she knew.

Then, once they were at least a bit more secluded, and the girl was before her, Josephine embraced her in a hug and rubbed her back, shushing the girl as though she protested the treatment. She no doubt was -- silently, in the prison of her skull, and her unmoving flesh. Hopefully, such soothings, brief though they were, would remove the thought of bodily harm from the girl's mind. There would be less chance of her resisting if she came out of the mesmerization and felt the kiss, that way. And, ah, how greatly Josephine was looking forward to the Kiss.

She set her lips to the girl's neck, and let her fangs sink in, savoring the wash of much needed blood on her tongue.

Jo-jo is attempting to do all this in 6 seconds. I shall let you judge whether or not it can be done!

2. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

"I'll give you cash. Five hundred dollars," the Daeva replied. "Just turn the car around and drive back to where we were. This doesn't need to go any further."

There's plenty of perfect spots for Josephine to choose between, something the thieves had known as well in picking their ambush site. Now, that stone had rolled back on them. She melds with the darkness, teenage girl in tow, not a curious do-gooder in sight.

In Josephine's arms, Damsel feels her age: small, tender, vulnerable--a proper veal cutlet. No protests either; she's fully submitted--bound by a much superior will--a long list of weak and sentimental things that Josephine will never be again: warm, young, living.

The bite: sweet ecstasy. Everything is sweet. Not just the fresh young blood, but the world around her. The usual bliss of embrace is amplified by her utter need, by it being her first taste after branding, after belonging positively to God in a way she never had before. Senses swimming, the blood is ambrosial; the sensation orgasmic. The true embrace is between Josephine and the Divine.

Take however much Vitae you like. Roll Humanity if you kill her. Being that the religious experience aligns with your Virtue, I'll leave it up to you whether you have trouble controlling your impulse; Josephine deserves a gracious turn . . . and the scene isn't quite over yet.

Juan enjoys similar success. Lakers-Jersey is quite done with this venture. A buy-off, however fractional compared to what he would have gotten scrapping or selling the car, was worth it, if it meant this heist was over. There was easier prey out there. "Alright," he resigns. "You know, the insurance deductable wouldn't have been much more than that." Lakers-Jersey squares the block, goes back the way they came, even stops at stop signs and goes the speed limit. The life of an under-privileged youth is hard enough without traffic violations. "Nice car, by the way."

When they've returned, he puts the car in park, shuts the motor off. The place is desolate again. No Damsel. No Dodgers-Cap. No Josephine. Just the same small fire off in the distance, only now with the homeless man and his dogs asleep beside it. "You mentioned cash?"

As best Juan can tell, the boy is out of tricks and just wants the money. Neither does he suspect that he'll get anything other than money. Juan doesn't know that Josephine's situation resolved favorably. Last he knew, she was maced, and with Damsel and Dodgers-Cap.

Lakers-Jersey dials his phone.

Damsel's phone rings, somewhere in the periphery of Josephine's senses.

PRE

For a moment, a raging demon slammed against the back of her face, attempting to explode through the front of her skull and rip apart her mask until it could feast freely upon the supple girl beneath her fangs, but the rapture of the Lord's Holy Will filled her and she felt the demon recede back into the depths. Her feast, this act of what the kine would consider cannibalism, was far more pure for her than transubstantiation could ever be. It was a true of Communion. An experience of the darkly miraculous.

It was ecstasy.

Yet, as with all things upon the earth, the moment ended and Josephine felt the Kine's pulse beat thinly beneath her teeth. She might be able to siphon more of her life, and soul, away, but it was best not to risk it. She would no do well with the kine's voice bouncing around the inside of her skull for the rest of her temporal existence. One night would be more than enough.

Thus, her fangs slid free, her tongue languorously swept over the wounds, and Josephine slowly lowered the girl down to the ground.

"How do you feel?" she asked the thief, wondering, perhaps, if she should have risked taking a bit more.

The phone went ignored.

5 successes to resist Wassail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-28 03:37:44 [02] Josephine rolls 6 to resist frenzy! (res3+comp3) (10 Again) 7, 4, 3, 9, 3, 3 1 success
    2014-12-28 03:37:44 [01] Josephine rolls 6 to resist frenzy! (res3+comp3) (10 Again) 4, 8, 7, 9, 9, 9 4 successes
       Sanguinary Animism doesn't trigger
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-28 03:43:11 Josephine rolls 6 to resist the burden of guilt (derangement) (int3+comp3) (10 Again) 2, 1, 9, 4, 5, 6 1 success
       3 successes before penalties to taste the blood for drugs/disease/etc
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-28 03:41:40 Josephine rolls 8 to Taste the blood (int3+med1+spec1+lordly pallette 3) (10 Again) 4, 10, 1, 8, 7, 3, 7, 1, 10, 7 3 successes

Couldn't decide, so I let the dice do it. Josephine will take 5.

6. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

The Daeva nods, watching the man as he inquired. Keeping his eyes on the thief, reaches into his jacket producing a leather wallet. Cordoba holds it tightly as his "driver" dials someone. "Hang up and pay attention to me. You give me the key. I give you the cash. You get out of my car. My friend and I never see you again. Sound fair?"

4 to persuade
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-28 16:07:36 Juan rolls 4 to Center of Attention (Manipulation + Persuasion) (10 Again) 6, 10, 10, 3, 8, 10, 5 4 successes

Damsel shudders, smiles. "I feel . . . wonderful." She seems quite smitten with Josephine, even tries to hold her hand. "What happened?" Damsel doesn't seem to notice the missed call.

Lakers-Jersey gives Juan a "fair-enough" nod and shuts his phone--the guy was grumpy, but he did have his car quazi-stolen. He gets out of the car and tosses the keys on the driver's seat. "No hard feelings, huh?" He stands by for the cash, though he casts glances in all directions after his friends.

Both: post as normal, but give me a perception roll -2 at the end.

OOC: Pseudo-holiday bump. Tommy G misses posting.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Daeva snatched his keys up first and pocketed them. Reaching into his wallet, producing a series of twenty dollar bills, he placed them formed into five stacks on the driver's seat and looked up at his assailant. "Take the money. Leave my friend and myself alone."

Where the hell had Josephine run off to?

I see nothing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-31 11:55:01 Juan rolls 2 to Perception -2 (10 Again) 1, 3 failure

PRE

OOC

"I forgave you," Josephine replied, kneeling next to the kine. "even though you tried to harm me and my companion. But I can do more than forgive you. I can help you. If you give me your phone number then I will call you and give you a chance to earn more money than you would have gotten from that car, but more importantly, a chance to feel just as wonderful again. What do you say?"

The Ventrue let the proposition hang in the air, curious as to whether it would be enough to sway the girl. Her Faith mandated that terror be the tool to shepard the kine towards God, but fear was not something that could be used as carelessly as most liked to think. It was only effective, as with most everything, when it was applied properly. In this case, that would take time. The thief must have a reason to stay and let the fear guide her, lest it simply make her flee from the message Josephine wished to give her.

12. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Juan cannot see Josephine.

Lakers-Jersey stays rooted while he counts out his stack of twenties, licking his fingers to make sure he can separate each bill. He doesn't look disappointed with the evening's catch.

Damsel smiles. "Yes--a thousand times yes, anything to feel like that again. Forgiveness . . ." She tries out the word as she gives Josephine her phone number.

A chirp. Red and blue lights. It's a squad car. After a moment, it's plain to see that it's not just passing by. Dodgers-Cap is in the back seat pointing his finger at Juan. The two cops inside step out, one fat and one skinny. They leave their doors open and aim their flashlights at Juan.

Fat Cop: "Keep your hands where I can see them, please. We've received report of an assault here tonight. Know anything about that?" He raises a wary eyebrow at the young man with a stack of money, and then at the older man with him . . . alone together, in a park at night.

Lakers-Jersey looks nervous.

Skinny Cop to Dodgers-Cap: "You said there was a girl with you?" He starts scanning the area with his flashlight.

Josephine sees Juan in a pair of headlights and a flashlight scanning the field.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.