Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1412) Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes flicker around the room. At least it had stopped feeling like they were relentlessly hunting him. But how long would that last? They had his scent now, and with the punishment still looming ...

Worry about that later.

"Emotions. Instinctual cues. I can read people. Their intent, their bearing, snap judgements on character and truthfulness. You might be surprised how much is revealed just through subconscious body language. I'm willing to teach, if anyone wants to learn."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It's sorted Striker. Y'all were pretty clear with what you wanted," Avis replied, beginning to fold the piece of paper again, hands moving slowly without her eyes. "So, yeah, fill us in, Jono. I'm curious about the Shinobi, too."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

3. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    A
    Asp

Nope. The undercurrent? She was done with it. She held her index finger up to ask a moment from Jonokuchi and went to it.

"No, it's not fucking sorted. I'm not going to just take command like everything's fine with your sneers and you dogging me at every step, so - what's your problem, Avis?"

Burying a problem did nothing to fix it.

"If you've got something to say, say it. Go on."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The warlocks hands fell still on the table, creatures frozen, attempting to avoid notice, mimicking both predator and prey.

"It's already been said, Asp,"
    Avis replied, pausing to breathe in, then out, before continuing; her breath being wind, wind being movement, movement being power. "I don't think you're the right person to lead. But, as everyone else has pointed out, someone has to do it, and I guess that's you. And I'm not saying this because I think I can do better. I can't. I'm saying this because everyone is being too fucking blase about this. You are deficient, ok? You can rise to the challenge, you can grow and become good enough to do this. You have the capacity, I know you do, but don't fucking think you're there yet. You're not. That's why I said, if there was a rotation, I think you should be on it. Because you do have potential. But, as someone wise pointed out to me, potential only matters if you don't grow complacent."

Yeah, it was funny, how the roles had been reversed. There was more to Zozobra's words than Avis'd given her credit for. It just took a mirror for her to realize it.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes Cryotic, West liked this post

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi was about to speak, to delve into the history of the ninja-clans from his homeland's history, excited and relieved that the idea hadn't been ridiculed.

The argument rekindled itself and the sumo sighed, slumping in his chair.

It creaked, dangerously so.

T

Asp was going to lead them whether Avis wanted to bitch about it or not. But it was good to clear the air and get everything out in the open. Blasé. That means someone who says what he's thinkin' right?

Striker spoke up again. "So it sounds sorted to me. Asp's the best we got to lead us even though she might not have the experience to do the job right now and we're not gonna call her a Thunderbolt Gaurdian. Yous were talkin' about rotations but I don't know who you wanted her to rotate with." He said with a questioning and slightly confused look at Avis. "I mean no-one else has even done anything about leadin' us." he finished looking around for anyone offering to prove him wrong.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Gee...Well, look at the time..." Weavebreaker tapped her barren wrist. "I forgot I had to take my cat to the dentist." Weavebreaker pushed back in her seat, standing up.

"This was good, though...I think we made amazing progress."

"Fill me in on the fucks and such I miss out on and I look forward to next month..."
    With that said and done, she abruptly turned on heel and headed to the door.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

A
    Asp

Asp remained tensed for a long moment even after Avis finished. Weavebreaker's flight was standard for her, the usual retreat, and Asp let her go. Someone else could stop her if they wanted to.

The message might have been the same in bits and pieces before, but instead of coming across as sneering and anger, it actually meant something now. Something productive, something legitimate - Avis was doing what Mastigeese did. Scourging weakness, pointing out the holes. And Asp had them. She knew she did. Of course she did. She was still a rookie. It was a valid message, even if the original delivery had been less than good. She needed to keep improving, to keep getting better.

The tension drained from her.

"Fair enough, bud. Fair enough." She nodded. Sharp would've said something very similar, when it was put like that. How could she have anything except complete acceptance of the argument? She reached over and clapped her cabalmate on the shoulder, comrades. "Then I'll do the best I can to do it, and the best I can to correct those deficiencies. With your help and support, I'll get there faster."

She looked around the room, nodding to them.

"All of your help. Yours included, Weavebreaker," she called. Maybe the Obrimos was still in the building. "It's a good point. Nobody can afford to rest on their laurels, and I won't."

A finger gun came up and fired at Jonokuchi, a little smile crossing her face as she did.

"I interrupted you, Jonokuchi. Sorry about that, mate. You were just about to tell us about something that could be our plan."

As quickly as it had built up, the wave had crashed and faded into the seas. Sometimes, you just had to face something head on and deal with it for it to be done.

Since the thread has 9 days left on it, I am going to post ahead of the 48 to finish the argument and move business on so Forn Clakes can continue. We got more to do than argue in this thread

Jonokuchi

PRE

When Weave left, Jonokuchi did not attempt to stop her. She was a free-spirit and as such, could do as she pleased. Currently, this was not life and death, it was a meeting that needed to be had and egos had certainly clashed. It was understandable if frustrating.

When Asp pointed the finger-gun towards him, Jonokuchi held up the palm-shield, offering a small smile.

"A plan? I wouldn't be so bold. Simply a possible way to act. The samurai were honourable and full of decorum, fighting their battles in open, across plains and hills against a foe they could see. The shinobi did not afford their enemies such luxuries. They were spies first-and-foremost, experts in espionage. They gathered information on their enemies' territory and obtained important passwords and communications. After that, the shinobi were saboteurs, fire being their primary form of destruction. Finally, they were assassins." Jonokuchi paused as if to take in the potency of that last word almost as if it did not sit well with him. "Legend tells of shinobi having supernatural means at their disposal, Kuji-kiri, hand-gestures that would grant them beyond human abilities." A wry grin. "Before I was Awakened, I merely thought of Kuji-kiri as myth. Perhaps there really were supernatural ninja."

M
    Mace

Mace watched in Horror as the two cabal-mates faught. It wasn't that she was unused to fighting. It was more that it was so open. Though, perhaps in her own way Asp had a point. They were being blase about it. But what choice did they have? Of all those gathered here... well Mace at least was just trying to do the best she could with what information she had, scant as it was. If it turned out she was wrong, she'd own that. More than anything else, though, Weavebreaker's flight surprised her. It made her look a little petulant, skipping out when there was still things to be done.

Still, she kept her peace and listened as Jonokuchi discussed the Shinobi. "Well I'm not very sneaky," she said, a hint of a blush on her cheeks. "But if you get me in, I could probably be of some use in sabatoge. I have quieter ways to mess up machinery." It was true enough as things went. It was'nt really what she'd trained herself for, but she understood machines well enough to guess at how to gum up their works. And even if she didn't, Stygia could always lend a hand.

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.