Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1412) Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

There was a jolt accompanying the clap on her shoulder, but Avis just nodded to Asp, glad that she'd absorbed the message, and not wanting to say more, especially after Weavebreaker had stormed away. What the hell was her problem, anyways? They'd finally reached some fucking consensus, enough so that they could move on, and she chose now to leave? Well, fine, she could fucking leave.

Avis settled back into her chair, listening while her fellow Warlock spoke about the Shinobi, and then when Mace commented on them.

"I could help you with that. Being sneaky. If you wanted to learn, I mean." A shrug. "We don't have to be like Shinobi, it won't fit all of us, but I do think we should keep them in mind. All forms of warfare are valid. Especially when it comes to things like the, uh, the hand symbols. That's probably Atlantis filtering down, kind of like it did in Yoga. Just, uh, very differently than it did in yoga."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

"Weave doesn't have a cat." Striker explained to anyone who didn't know. Least I haven't seen one. What's she so pissy about anyway? "I'm workin' at a vet's now, not that that's gonna be helpful to yous. Unless you've got cats. Or dogs. Or anythin' else. Dogs are better though. They both need their teeth looked after though." he rambled not knowing when or how to stop, finally pausing to get himself back on topic.

"Anyway I can be quiet when I need to be. Sneak in wreck stuff, sneak out. We should absolutely do the shinobi thing, get a special squad together like Mace was sayin'." He said a gleam in his eye.

A
    Asp

Asp let the Captain Obvious moment slip away and stayed focused.

"Yeah, we can't all do that, but those who can should be ready to. I figure there are times for shinobi, and when those times come, we better recognize them and have people ready to apply their strategies. Other times are for samurai moves or street fighters, et cetera. Avis? I'd take you up on that teaching, if you got time." Everyone needed to know how to go quietly, at least a little.

"Let's do this, then. Strategy is something we all need to be thinking about. So for our next meeting, I'd like every single person here to come up with a tactic or procedure that will help us in our mission to root out the enemy and take 'em down at Banisher U. Remember, civilians are all over and we can't just rock and roll, we gotta be smart about things. What you come up with can be combat-related, it can be tricks for clean-up, intelligence gathering, or even social moves to help cover our tracks. Just be ready and able to explain it so people can learn from the thing. Sound good?"

C
    Cross

Bump. About 5 days left on the meeting max, so let's keep this rockin' unless people are out of things to cover? If so Asp's final post may be a natural stopping point with homework.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Sure. We'll make it happen," Avis agreed, to both, with a shrug. She smiled, a bit, remembering when Asp fucked up at the Scelesti house. Well, Animus did, too. Really, she still didn't know why they'd followed her when she said she was going to make the distraction, but it was in the past, now. Hopefully the new attention they were going to place on tactics would prevent something like that in the future. Then again, maybe not. Strategy kinda needed context to work in, unless you went super basic and talked about shit like 'flanking'.

"Ya know, another thing we could do, is the whole scenario thing. Like, some of us construct a scenario, the rest of us try and create a strategy to get through it, and we talk it out."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Mace

"I'd like that," Mace said to Avis. It would be good to learn a bit more about sneakyness. It might come in handy, even if it wasn't anything she'd particularly imagined herself learning. The things you learned could surprise you sometimes. "I'll see what I can come up with," she said to Asps idea. "The scenarios can be part of that though. I like it." It seemed as though things had calmed down enough for them to actually make plans. That was a relief.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Once he had finished, Jonokuchi remained silent as he listened to the others. He had nothing else to add at this moment. All he knew was that his chair was growing more and more a nuisance.

A
    Asp

"Perfect. Be ready with your strategies and scenarios for the next meeting, then, and let's get to it. Have a good night! Jonokuchi, if you wouldn't mind letting Weavebreaker know what she missed, I'd appreciate it."

A final look to Animus.

" Animus , if you could stick around for a minute, we have that matter to discuss."

Good scene!

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.