Watch

Junkyard Diving!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Meeting up with Malcolm Green at the junkyard they had agreed upon, Degnar was wearing his usual attire--which really, was the only attire he owned--and carrying his duffel bag with him in case they run into some complications. It was late in the evening, which was of course his preference. After all, the Darkling didn't enjoy coming out of his hole during the day, and it was much easier to sneak around at night.

"This is it," he said to his Motley mate, nodding in the direction of the chain link fence.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

A mountainous shadow rolls slowly down the street. It is Green, dressed in his surplus greatcoat, with his damp hair limp and plastered to the hard angles of his face. He is carrying a bulging sling bag, stuffed with measuring tape and wrapping materials: the mountain has come prepared to move some hefty stuff, should they need it.

"Good, lets get to it," Green responds as he draws near.

For reference, Green has his greatcoat (for the inclement weather); his sling bag; wrapping materials such as extra bags and so forth (for the things they find); some basic tools such as measuring tape, stanley knife, wire cutters; cell phone and personal effects; steel capped boots (he's a construction worker by trade). I am assuming the tools he has "borrowed" from his day job.

Right guys, let's kick things off with a Perception -1 (darkness) roll please. Merits and Contracts may be used to negate this penalty

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green peers into the murky night shadows.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-27 03:07:46 Green is perceptive rolls 3 to Wits + Composure - 1 (10 Again) 3, 10, 5, 8 2 successes

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

To help him in their endeavor that evening, Degnar reached into one of his pockets and he touched his pet rat lightly, invoking his Contract with Fang and Talon as he did so. He figured that the heightened senses would help, and it was something he was used to doing anyway. He did spend most of his time in a dark hole in the ground after all...

2 suxx for Beast Keen Senses, 3 suxx Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-02 10:33:31 Degnar rolls 10 to Wits+Composure+2 to Perception (10 Again) 7, 5, 2, 9, 1, 8, 7, 10, 3, 3, 7 3 successes
    2014-12-02 10:32:38 Degnar rolls 7 to Wits+Wyrd for "Beast Keen Senses" (catch met) (10 Again) 8, 3, 9, 1, 2, 4, 7 2 successes

Spelunker 2: Cave Sense allows me to ignore darkness penalties out of combat, and half said penalties while in combat

6. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

The chain link fence was about 10 feet in height, not exactly impossible to get over certainly but getting back with heavy items could prove troublesome. Even though the darkness wasn't has heavy as some nights, the moon falling down through a cloudless sky, it as still present. However, it didn't affect Degnar's eyes in the slightest.

Both changelings could make out the building where the main bulk of the junkyard's business was done, whereas the rest of the large site was a seemingly shambles of a maze consisting of scraped cars, disused washing machines (and other such appliances) and pieces of random metal, ready to be sold on. They both also take note of the signs on display around the perimeter informing any potential thieves of security in the form of guard dogs, no doubt accompanied by a night-shift security guard. Piercing the darkness, Degnar took note of CCTV over by the main building. If they were dotted around the junkyard was impossible to tell from their current vantage point.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Tricky," Green mused with a voice that hummed like a beehive hidden under heavy cloths. "I'm too big and heavy to go over; was hoping to find a spot where we can cut through. How about we case the joint first. These here junk dealers say they got security - but it don't mean they have it everywhere..."

He paused, pondering his options.

"Hey. What magic tricks can you pull, anyways? I got some sway with Mother Earth, but only enough to protect myself and ware her like a suit of armour. I know the trick of making myself stronger for a short time, too. A few other knacks as well, yeah. But they're not much use here. Unless that place got a Door stashed. Then I could get us home, I s'pose." He cracked a smile - a chasm-like gash across the lower portion of his face.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar frowned slightly as he took notice of the camera and other security measures. Climbing over the fence wouldn't be a problem for him, but it would definitely be an issue on their way out. "I think climbing is out of the question," he said in response to Green. "We need to find another way in." Whether that was via a hole they cut out of the fence, or picking a lock or two somewhere, the Tunnelgrub didn't mind either way.

"I'm more concerned about the camera," he said after a moment of silence. "We need to avoid it, or find a way to disable it." The guard dogs and the security guard would present their own challenge, but Degnar was less worried about them. "I can slip unnoticed for the most part, and squeeze in through tight holes if necessary," he explained to the Elemental. "I've got a few other tricks up my sleeve...including my little friend here."

As he said those final words, the Hedge rat poked its head out of Degnar's pocket, tilting slightly to one side as it studied Green for a moment. "He's rather small, and can likely find his way in and out without much of a problem," said the Darkling, as a slight smirk formed across his lips for a quick moment.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green scratched his cheek, a chortle bubbling out of his mouth. "Yeah. That'll do it!"

Turning back to the camera, he sucked on his teeth. "I reckon I could smash it - its a risk I can take. Probably better if we can get it to short out or something... disconnected maybe? Yeah... less chance of causing a fuss that way."

Green blinked when the hedge rat made its appearance. "Hey. Funny," he murmured in response. "Hey... Yeah. Maybe your little man could find us a way through... or at least - I dunno - be an extra pair of eyes. But yeah... if your little guy can find a weak spot in the fence, maybe we could use it. Did you want to give that a try first before we start tackling electric eyes and stuff?"

He suspected they'd still have to scout the place out but he doubted he'd be much help with that. He could be quiet when he needed to be, but a rock of his size and girth was just too obvious. Even at night. And he wasn't a friend of the shadows, if you took my meaning...

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar considered what Green had suggested, remaining silent for a few moments. "Smashing it could work, but should be our last resort," he said to his motley mate. After all, that would likely be too loud and call unwanted attraction to them. If they could avoid the scrutiny of the guard dogs and security guard, the better!

The Darkling nodded at the Elemental's next words. "Yeah, I think he probably can," he said, glancing down at the Hedge rat in his pocket. "He's quite the resourceful little fella." He paused after saying those words, considering how to best accomplish their task. "Say, we could try to find a way in for ourselves, while we send him ahead to deal with the camera," suggested the Tunnelgrub, tilting his head slightly to one side.

"He could easily chew on the wires or something," he added as he reached into his pocket and allowed for the rat to climb onto his hand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread