Ended
Watch

Dive Bar Gig

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest’s eyes widened in slight surprise for how the Fairest took up her hand. “No, I don’t think I was here for that.” L’aire’s eyes fixated between the two of them.

“Uh sorry, I’ve never heard of Kyle Ferlen.” Her brows turned slightly in confusion a gentle shrug to follow. His other comment was surly a comment about being Taken. She was relieved when Nathan hadn’t heard the name either. She could empathize as a performer the struggle it caused. The Dancer had to be careful of what she was involved in, lest she someone noticed how similar she looked to her Fetch.

L’aire thought about the notion of tequila for a minute. She had been wanting to live dangerously, but tequila wasn’t even appealing to her sense of smell. “Oh, thanks but no. tequila’s not my thing.”

She’d almost thought the two knew each other previously, if it weren’t for Nathan’s comments about the Dreadlocked Lost and his name. "So, how long have you two been in town?" It was an attempt to avoid the subject of alcohol but the Onyx was actually curious.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

One out of two ain't bad. Kyle shrugs, smiles a 'don't worry about it' smile to Sasha, then addresses the bartender.

"Just two, then." Turning back to Nathan, he adds, "You haven't missed much. Same old bands wringing every last drop out of their contracts." The bartender wastes no time, lining up two shot glasses and filling them to the rim with strong-smelling yellow liquor. Kyle grabs both glasses and sets one in front of Nathan with a little 'tap' on the bar top. He readies the glass, pausing before knocking it back.

"I can't speak for my new friend, here, but I just got here on a bus this week." He raises his glass in a salute on 'new friend', and drains the shot soon after. He watches for Nathan's reaction from the corner of his eye. His own is a little cringe at the burn, then a quick flick of the glass - sending it somersaulting end-over-end and landing upside down in his grasp. Kyle then sets the upside down glass on the bar and turns back to regard the Onyx.

"What about you?"

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, well. It looked like he would have to actually put some effort into figuring out how to get Sasha out of her pants. No cheating allowed.

He raised his own glass back at Chris. Or Kyle, he guessed, though he wasn't one for stage names. Oh, man, that's rich. Somehow, the idea seemed preposterously, outrageously funny, so he stopped what was bound to be the beginning of a surge of hysteric laughter by drinking the whole thing in a single shot.

Getting that over with quickly turned out to be a good call. Not just because he didn't want to look like a deranged psycho just yet, but also because he had forgotten just why he wasn't a fan of tequila. The taste was bad enough, but what killed it was the burn. What do they put in these things? Chili? He grimaced to the others as he set the glass on the bar. He took a moment before answering Sasha's question.

"I've only been here a few days myself." He took another good look at her. He hoped the tequila wasn't too strong, or he might end up doing something very stupid. But then, that was kind of his modus operandi. "I've been hitchhiking all the way from Cairo."

And Wisconsin before that, but no need to get into details. He didn't trust them that much yet.

"I take it you've been here quite some time already. How is that holding up?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire smiled with a slight shoulder shrug to Chris as to say thanks. “Where do you fall in the scheme of things then?” Her eyes widened slightly. “I mean, not that I think that you’re an old band – er singer, or that you’re wringing out um something, but I uh…”

Oh god, you really should have just kept smiling and nodding there L’aire.

Quickly, the Dancer moved to the next topic that she’d inquired. “Oh, just got into town. Both of you. From where?” L'aire's head slightly jutting forward to make sure she heard clearly.

Nathan’s assumption was partially correct. “Uh, well I’ve been back a couple of months. I was here previously and left for a while. After all my traveling, it feels like home here, so I came back.” L’aire smiled, despite being an Onyx, there was a warmth in her eyes; a reflection of how Sacramento felt to her.

“Wait, you hitchhiked from Egypt?” The Fairest’s face entirely confused and attempting to envision such a trek. “I mean, unless there’s another Cairo somewhere.” Her shoulders slowly moving into her neck apologetically. Geography wasn't here forte.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle smiles again, ignoring Sasha's little stumble. Obviously the Onyx meant no harm with her comments.

"I'm just getting by, seeing places and making music. Hoping for another shot at a record label."

Cairo? Illinois? Maybe Georgia? Guess I'm not the only one living on the road. Kyle wonders if the lifestyle is all that common among the Lost. I can tell Sasha hasn't been out there. For the second time tonight, Sasha seems to live up to her hair color's stereotype. Kyle holds back a laugh and a joke. He isn't exactly a professor of geography, himself. He looks to Nathan and nods.

"Hell of a trip." Then, looking between the both of them, he adds, "I'm basically done for the night. Just have to collect my check and take my tracks back from the DJ. Kinda tired, honestly, but not tired enough to call it a night. What are your thoughts?" Kyle raises one brow, a mischievous grin creeping onto his face. Yes, the question was ambiguous; Kyle wants to know what kind of people these two are before telling them much more about himself.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He laughs amiably at Sasha's reaction.

"I meant the one in Georgia. But I'm actually from New York. Haven't been there in ages, though."

Somewhere between two years and a year and a half, by his estimation. Time hadn't seemed that big of a deal during his last visit. He asked the bartender for another drink. He was up for anything but tequila, thank you very much.

"My thoughts are," he started once that was done, "that we're all mad here. And that it is about time we lived up to that."

His drink arrived quickly, and he drank it all without a second thought. I predict everything will start getting fuzzy in three, two, one... He offered a broad, wicked smile to the others.

"So I'd like to do something crazy for a change. Are you guys up for it?"

S
    Sasha

“It’s always good to have a little hope for something at least.” The Fairest smiled, but didn’t want to get into the sallow pouring out of hopes dreams and failed stuff because of Them.

L’aire widened her smile apologetically. “Sorry I missed you play.” She wouldn’t judge the Mistrel’s music by his appearances, she’d have to hear it for herself. Not that she thought the Fairest was bad, but not everyone liked all music.

The Fairest’s slowly nodded. “Ah, well, I’m not huge on geography. I’ve only been in Atlanta for a night or two. No sightseeing when you’re on tour.” How the hell was I supposed to know that? L’aire didn’t really worry about her lack of knowledge there, it wasn’t really a big deal to her.

“Well, I just got here… so…” Looking to Chris first and then to Nathan. “Uh, I guess that depends on your idea of crazy.” Laughing a little with a quirked brow. She half expected the Spring to suggest the idea, not the Autumn.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle shrugs at Sasha. "There's always next time. I've got a few more venues in mind before I hit the road again." He imagines briefly what she might look like dancing to his rhythmic, oscillating music. He wonders if she could dance like that. Now there's a thought.

Nathan obviously isn't a fan of tequila, judging by his reaction. Then again; who is? Kyle could think of a dozen more 'pleasant' drinks, though only a handful that were as likely to make the night interesting. Feathers, at least, is getting into the spirit. Kyle feigned an impressed look at the man's follow up on the tequila. A little competition might be in order. Kyle signals the bartender.

Kyle waits, watching to see how the other two would respond to his provocation. His second round arrives just as the Beast adds his two cents. Mad? Guess I can't argue with that. I still have nightmares of being eaten by a topiary. His face scrunches up in displeasure as he considers the thought. He glances at his second shot and scoops up the glass.

"Well, we certainly don't want to get in over our heads... but I'm down for whatever. As long as the little lady is too."] He grabs an imaginary cowboy hat and tips the brim at her. "What did you have in mind, friend?" I can handle whatever you can dish out. Except for roses. Fuck roses. Kyle stands up a little straighter, leaning his shoulders back. Looking ready for a challenge. His viney locks seem to rustle on some unseen breeze.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

He gives an intensely amused look at the others. Am I drunk already? I feel drunk. They didn't seem all that willing to go full on crazy. Maybe he would have to push them a little, lead by example.

"I say we rock n' roll. You might want to cover your ears."

Without further ado, he walked away from them and up to the DJ. After a short exchange he got a nod, and let Chris and Sasha know with a thumbs up. Then he... got on the stage Chris had been on when he arrived. Yeah, I'm so drunk. He got a hold of the mike.

"Hello, ladies. Gents, screw you." He opened, offering them his best Cheshire smile. "My friend Kyle here," he tilted his head in recognition,"had the audacity of daring me. And I'm not the sort to back down."

Well, it was an implied dare, but details. The question was whether he could pull this off. His karaoke skills were far from superb and he wasn't feeling all that lucky. Well, that can be fixed...

-1 Glamour to activate Favored Fate (Hearth 2)

"So, Paradise City it is!"

3 suxxs against 2 suxxs
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-07 07:22:12 Nathan rolls 8 to Presence + Expression + Favored Fate (10 Again) 6, 8, 1, 4, 5, 9, 9, 6 3 successes
    2014-12-07 07:19:21 Crowd rolls 4 to Resolve+Composure (10 Again) 7, 4, 10, 6, 8 2 successes

Well, that went well. Better than he expected, anyway. He offered his audience a dramatic bow and stepped down, rushing to ask for yet another drink. Singing was thirsty work, after all. That should have gotten everyone the right amount of worked up again, now that a while had passed after Chris' performance. He hoped the same could be said of his brave companions.

"What?" He said to Chris, looking offended. "You weren't doing it."

He smiled at Buttercup.

"Feel like stepping up, Sasha?"

10. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Quick ST Note here. Its all good for everyone to have fun and what not. But keep in mind that NPCs are controlled by the ST Staff. So if you want to start throwing dice out there at people, poke a Storyteller and let them know

12. Likes West, Gwydden liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread