Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Something To Do

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo found his way into the oddly named Dimple books. Truth be told the Fairest wasn't up to much in the city, and he needed something to help amuse him through the long hours at Edna's he spent looking for trouble to get into. A book store was a good place to find something to occupy your mind for at least a few days, and for not much money to boot.

This time, the Shadowsoul was lurking in the fiction section reading the back of a book he had lifted from the shelf. It sounded interesting enough, though it was hardly an original premise. It was a best seller though, and a quest for hidden treasure always captivated the minds of the masses no matter how many times they read that particular premise.

A half smile formed as Milo made his decision to try this one, scanning the shelf one more time to see if there was another he might want.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

The Sacramento libraries were on the decline in their selection in recent years, often selling anything of any value for building maintenance funds. Books were becoming an outdated medium, being passed up for DVD's, audiobooks, or the internet. However, Gregory is old fashioned and prefers his outdated medium to those new-fangled gizmos, but he just isn't getting any satisfaction out of the library's selection.

So he ventures into the bookstore, if for nothing more than to expand his knowledge and get through another day. Perhaps they won't be so quick to chase him out today since he has showered and his brown suit isn't particularly grimy.

The Gargoyle browses the shelves idly, glancing at titles and pictures with interest. A novel catches his eye and he reaches for it, pulling it loose from its neat placement between the neighboring covers. Through the gap it creates he spies the figure of another Lost, with a sense of familiarity, as if Gregory had seen him at the Freehold gatherings.

Gregory clears his throat audibly, looking around the shelf to attract the man's attention if he hasn't already noticed him. "Good day," he says politely through his throaty rasp of a voice.

Lynn Mills

Lynn entered the bookstore whistling cheerfully. She'd had an excellent day busking and she had enough to spend on a few books. Scanning the stacks she was pleased to notice a few other of the Lost standing around and talking. A quick glance didn't help her find what she was looking for and so she meandered her way over and cleared her throat softly.

"Excuse me." she hitched her fiddle case a bit more comfortably. "I was wondering if either of you have seen any thing about music or songs?"

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"Good day to you as well Gregory." Gregory? Yeah, that was the name. "I hope all is well?"

When the sickly looking Darkling girl came about Milo smiled briefly. "I believe I saw some old vinyl records in the back of the store. Presumable the associated books would be nearby?" The Fairest paused before the smile widened just slightly. "Though I do not believe we've met, so why wander off before a quick chat? My name is Milo Chernobog."

The Shadowsoul extended a hand to the woman in front of him before granting the same gesture to Gregory.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Gregory looks at the hand and sighs, taking it in his own for a brief shake. He does not like the physical contact. Or rather he's afraid of it, making him uncomfortable. His features twist slightly and then his expression softens to his usual blank stare. "As well as expected, Milo Chernobog. What brings you to this place of publication?" The Autumn Fool might be researching his next routine, per chance.

Turning his attention to the woman, thin as a young tree and pale as white birch, Gregory nods politely. "I'm afraid I have not, young miss." Gregory glances observantly to the fiddle case at her side. "You are a musician then? Just learning or learned, might I ask?" A friendly chat, why not? He has no better place to be.

Lynn Mills

Lynn shook hands with Milo, "Lynn Mills, nice to meet you." She had noticed that the other man didn't seem to enjoy touching other people, so instead she simply nodded her head in return and smiled slightly. "I am a musician and have been for quite some time. But it was recently pointed out to me that knowing more than one genre of music might be beneficial, so I'm looking to expand on what I know." Even more so than one might think, since her contracts seemed to be expressing themselves musically. So now she was on the hunt for any song that might call up the proper mood or moment.

She glanced at the two men in front of her. "I don't suppose either of you have any suggestions?"

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"Merely looking for something to occupy the mind." The Fairest says as he holds up the copy of the Alchemist in his hands.

"A musician you say? That must be an interesting profession." Milo smiled to the Darkling, intrigued by her question. He noted the woman's fiddle, and considered the options. "I suppose if a fiddle is your primary instrument your branching out from country? Perhaps Rock or Pop?"

In truth the Fairest preferred classical and instrumentals, with a spritzing of jazz here and there but he wasn't sure if everyone liked their music at least a decade or four old like he did.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Gregory grins mirthfully at the prospect of sweet music filling the air and wonders just what tastes one could sample among the many this world held. "It may behoove us to know which genre you've already acquired, Lynn Mills," he says thoughtfully to his fellow Darkling. "But I be particular to the blues myself, somber dirges, some folk."

Putting the woman's music selection aside, Gregory looks back to Milo. "You've time to occupy your mind in fiction, Milo Chernobog? And what story does this Alchemist tell, I wonder?" Gregory could not remember any stories of his childhood, nor having read any books during his stay in Arcadia, though he thinks he might have. The stories he knew were mostly gossip among his Keeper's servants and the tales the hobgoblins told each other, though many were shredded away by his escape through the Hedge. Since then he's mostly read out of curiosity to re-familiarize himself with the mundane world.

Lynn Mills

Lynn shrugged. "I grew up in mountain country, so I've got plenty of folk, a lot of Celtic and a bit of Classic. I'm looking at things that bring up different moods, different images. It seems to be the way that I express myself the best, if that makes a bit of sense." She shrugged a bit, slightly embarrassed at trying to explain something so nebulous.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"An old story I presume." The Shadowsoul started with a look to Gregory. "A shepherd in Brasil dreams of exotic treasure in the Egyptian pyramids before leaving home to find it. He then meets an Alchemist and learns of his secrets. I suspect the idea of lost treasure and and mystical tutelage is the premise for many a tale, though it never seems to get old."

A shrug, the Fairest seemed obviously intrigued by the idea.

"So Ms Mills," Milo said as he turned to Lynn. "If you wish to reach out and express yourself in other ways, have you considered taking another instrument? Perhaps a guitar as it sees heavy use in the genres you did not mention as being familiar with?" The fairest had zero musical knowledge outside the genres, but it seemed the simplest way to branch out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread