Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Avis Calls Asp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The Snakey's phone rang. It was Avis calling...

"Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

"Hey! How's it going?"

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"You're holding Thanksgiving for the club?" Avis' disembodied voice asked over the phone, accusation blatantly infusing the syllables.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    A
    Asp

"...I'm volunteering at a kitchen for an hour at around noon to serve a meal...?"

Asp sounded confused as to what the problem was.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"So you're expecting, what, seven people to show up for an hour and then split? You don't think there will be any conflict?"

A
    Asp

Asp smiled. Oh, Awvee... "I'm expecting more like thirty people, many of whom don't know each other, to show up for an hour and split without conflict, yeah. It's serving homeless folks a lunch at a charity kitchen. You, uh, wanna come? It's Thanksgiving, so I like to give back..."

Avis had never struck Asp as someone who did charity for charity's sake. Maybe she'd enjoy it?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

There was an angry exhale. Then, "You know, that fucking chuckle of yours doesn't do you any favors. You gonna chuckle like that when you're handing out plates of food to people who dream about having just a solid square a day, let alone three? And then what? You gonna pat yourself on the back, and say 'oh, I'm so great, I brought all of the club together to help the less fortunate! Gee! I'm so glad I had that idea!' That what you're gonna do? I don't even care about that answer, actually. What I want to know is why the fuck you're inviting the club? You already have plans that day, girl! Why squeeze the charity in with the club? Why not do it on a different fucking day?"

9. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Asp

"Because it's part of what we do, Avis, and it's a statutory holiday."

People had jobs.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"What? What does statutory have to do with anything? And 'because' isn't a fucking answer! It's a cop out! I want you to explain your motivation behind this decision to me. Can you do that?"

A
    Asp

Asp felt like she was talking to a Martian.

"Well, a stat is a day when people are more likely to all be off and available to do something without work commitments. And my motivation is, we aren't doing anything until later in the day, and I am part of a club that promotes Service, and there is a need for Service on that day in the earlier part of the day, and so I am choosing to help out for an hour when they need it most, and bring my Service-oriented club friends with me because it's a club that espouses Service."

Blink. Blink.

"Seriously. That's all. I'll be home in time."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread