Ended
Watch

Catching Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sasha

“Ah… just one of those things…” The Dancer repeated, a hint that she was thinking more than just repetition. L’aire was quite familiar with not asking questions about some things. It was usually for one reason. She wondered if it was Terri’s reason too.

The Dancer amused her thoughts while following the Steepscrambler down the path. In only a short time of their conversation, L’aire already had a question that would come out when the timing was right.

But her thoughts were completely disrupted when Terri ‘fed’ the door. Her violet eyes widened with a clear ‘what in the hell’ look. “What… uh… what… why… um…” The Dancer could hardly form words considering what she just saw.

Still a little startled when they walked in, instantly it was quenched by the warm inviting feeling of the tree-house. Her shoulders shrugged into a cozy feeling, she smiled as she looked around. It felt like her friends place more than just its looks. “Oh yeah, right. I remember you telling me he lives here.” Does he need to feed the door too?

Looking out the window briefly admiring the beautiful view, as shocking as that was to L’aire. “Sure, well, what do you have?” Turning back to Terri from looking out the window.

“So…. does he have his own room…. or…” L’aire pursed her lip holding a gleaming grin and one curiously raised brow.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Got some fruit juice, bottled water or some wine?" Terri said from the kitchen area, looking over to where L'aire was admiring the view. Without thought, the Beast was already opening a bag of chips and pouring them into a bowl for them both to share.

"Oh, he has his own room," Terri giggled. "I sleep in my workshop now, got a little couch in there," she added, pointing to one of the doors. "Until we get around to expanding this place, which I'd really like to do but it's just a matter of time, it's for the best. Our relationship is at a weird stage right now."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Sasha

“Um… juice is good.” Glancing Terri’s direction with a nod. Strange what Arcadia does in that a simple drink takes more thought than usual.

L’aire’s eyebrow rose higher. “You sleep on a couch in the shop?” They then knitted together. “Did he volunteer to take the couch, or did you insist?” Giggling slightly, amused by the arrangement.

“Relationship…” A smile crept from the corner of her mouth. “So… that would explain why you didn’t ask where he was…” The Fairest popped a chip in her mouth, grinning while chewing. Like she was watching some romantic comedy, the Fairest had an excited look on her face.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The Beast poured out a glass for Sasha, carrying it over to her before offering her a seat in the 'nest' area. In reality, it was a couple of couches facing each other with a small wooden table between them. However, their was an abundance of cushions that gave the impression of sinking into them.

Terri took a seat on one, placing down the chips and her own drink.

"Yeah, I insisted. He brought the bed when he moved in here before so it was only fair. My workshop is cozy and it helps if I get inspired during the night. I can make notes and sketch something quick before going back to sleep."

A pause as she bit her lip, thinking.

"Also, as much as I would really love to share myself with Rick again, my mind just isn't in the right place," the Beast added honestly.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

S
    Sasha

L’aire easily nestled into the spot she had taken on the couch. Terri’s place was cozy and the Dancer was comfortable around her. “Thanks.” Leaning forward and taking a chip and chewing it as the Steepscrambler spoke.

“You have such an amazing ambition Terri.” L’aire smiled sincerely. At least she was making the most of an awkward situation. The Dancer was positive she couldn’t do that; at all.

Despite L’aire’s brows gently knitting together, she nodded. “Yeah, I guess it’s a bit abrupt too hm?” It was probably a lot to take in. First he was missing or dead, and then poof – tada! he was suddenly back.

Taking a sip of her juice, the Dancer’s head titled slightly. “So there’s no easy way to bring this up. But… uh… do you know what all happened with the Four Seasons? I don’t want to sour our visit, but I keep hearing bits and pieces. And… well… I’d like to hear the truth, if you’re willing… or able to tell me.”

Quickly holding up her hand. “But Terri, if it’s too hard to talk about, I understand. I just feel really awkward for leaving right before this all happened.” A hard guilty knot had welled up in L’aire’s throat as she spoke the last few words.

Description

PRE

Suddenly, Terri didn't fancy her chips. She tried not to show it but it was there, under the warm, friendly manner.

An Edge. The squirrel, ready to make flight. She may not be as frantic as Morgan in her manner, however her time in Arcadia had left it's mark. Nothing new there though. It changes all of them.

"It was good timing," Terri replied, softly. "We lost too many that night. Spartan thought it would be a good idea, to try and find a weakness of Fairweather by walking through his dreams. Mr. Bates led us. We didn't find a weakness," Terri said, suddenly feeling very cold. "We found only destruction and death."

"When he attack the hotel, he had taken the form of a dragon. Myself and Mr. Bates attempted to clear the hotel whilst Spartan went to the roof to face Fairweather. Down in the Commons, we got trapped and as the building began to collapse, Mr. Bates tore open a hedge gate and pushed me through. The last thing I saw was fire and death before the pain took me."

Silence lingered. Terri drained her juice, wondering if she still had some vodka left over.

S
    Sasha

L’aire wasn’t assured that it was good timing when she left, but she knew what Terri probably meant.

She could visualize in detail the accounts that the Steepscrambler laid out. The Dream walking was something she had heard of, but not regarding Fairweather. L’aire could hardly imagine what that was like. “Wow, walking through his dreams… I just… wow…” She said on the breath of a whisper.

She could still picture Spartan clearly in her mind. A man of few words, and one of action. The King of Summer went down fighting and though he may not have won that battle, she was confident he met his end epically and still glorious. He at least tried to fight the bastard; more than the Dancer could ever do. Breathing in hard, she felt an eye slightly well up and quickly blinked it way when Terri mentioned the gate and Mr. Bates saving her. Two I will never see again.

“Pain?” The Fairest repeated concerned and worried. “Were you burned or something Terri?”

Without thinking, she stared off for a moment. “Wine… Uh, you mentioned you had wine earlier.” Probably the very first time L’aire asked for something alcoholic.

Description

PRE

Terri looked away and took a steadying breath. Removing her left arm from her dress, she pulled it up as she turned away from L'aire on the couch, seemingly having no shame for showing her underwear.

Compared to the faint scaring that puckered along the left-hand side of her back, reaching from hip to shoulder blade like a lash of a whip, flashing her panties and bra meant nothing.

"Some outfits are a no-no now."

At mention of the wine, Terri stood, covering herself once again. Catching Sasha's violet eyes, Terri tried a smile that seemed to get stuck mid-flow. Pushing her hair back, the Beast slowly headed over to the kitchen area. Two wine glasses appeared and the remainder of some wine was poured.

Silence reigned.

S
    Sasha

Although Terri couldn’t see the confused look on the Fairest’s face at first, the lifting of her dress caught her off guard… that was, until she saw the long puckered scar stretching all the way up the Beast’s back. “Oh my god.” She whispered faintly, her hand quickly moving to her mouth.

L’aire had seen the scars that whips left. Despite never have been beaten herself, she’d seen it on others. Her violet’s wide and horrified.

The Dancer flew off the couch. “Who the…. what the…. when the... how the hell did that happen?!” Having hardly raised her voice, it was also foreign to the Winter’s ears and it rang through the silence. She quickly padded after Terri to the kitchen.

As soon as the Squirrel put down everything, L’aire wrapped her arms around Terri, mindful of the scar on her back now. She wondered if it hurt every time she was hugged. Because, this Truefriend did a lot of hugging. As her head was in the nape of Terri’s neck, she felt her eyes well up with sorrow and anger. “I’m so sorry Terri. So very sorry.”

Description

PRE

The hug was accepted and eagerly reciprocated, the warmth of another welcoming as Terri suddenly felt cold and weak. Perhaps it was showing the physical aspect of what she had been through, making it more real. She really didn't know why she had exposed the burn scar across her back but there was a connection that she had made with L'aire that made her want to express her sorrow for a change rather than the always-friendly Beast.

Truth be told, Terri had been meaning to speak with Katrin. A niggle at the back of her mind had stilled her desire.

There were tears in her eyes, down her face. It was ruining the little make-up she wore to work. "Thanks." Terri replied as she broke the hug, wiping her face with the back of her hand. Taking a steadying breath, the Legate passed the wine to the Fairest before sipping her own glass.

"It was whilst escaping the Four Seasons. I thought at first it was just where my outfit caught fire but the more I think about it, I was sure I heard a roar before the flames came and Mr. Bates saved me. Maybe I'm just confused from the trauma, I don't know." Terri takes a deeper, longer drink. Her hand was shaking, a rarity in itself. "After the fire I was sold into slavery to the Fleshmarket. The only way I could escape was to bargain myself to that vile place's owner. The only way I can be free is to bring back Fairweather's tongue."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.