Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Twist of Fate

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Emrys

PRE

At about lunch time Emrys made his way to the Javalounge as Crowley had asked. Hipsters were bad, so night was off limits, but that apparently wasn't going to be an issue. According to Yelp the Javalounge had closed.... a while ago.

Unfortunately it appeared the Herald didn't realize this when the meeting was made, but given the state he was in that was hardly a surprise. Emrys waited outside, an iPhone in his hand and his back to the wall of the establishment. He hadn't bothered dressing up, so comfort wasn't a big deal.

Still, as minutes passed him by boredom began to consume his expression as he patiently waited for the Herald.

Pot 3 Temporal Eddies w/ 24 hr duration
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-16 22:06:38 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+2 HS-2 Advanced Prolongation) (10 Again) 8, 7, 1, 3, 3, 8 2 successes

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley emerged like a bad stain from the street: hair messed in his customary black clothing, swathed mysteriously in his leather trench coat. The effect was lost because today, the Herald looked like shit. He was here because Fate said he had to be here. That would be his excuse (and had nothing at all to do with painstakingly -oh so painstakingly- spending the morning reconstructing that phone conversation with frustrating postcognition spells). His hands were stuffed in his pockets, bleeding figuative from the sheer amount of arcane thread work he had forced himself through. Frankly it was a wonder he'd gotten that Shielding hex off at all...

At least his earlier issues with the Sight were fading through experience. He no longer experienced vertigo when studying the threads of Fate.

Crowley to cast Fortunes Protection
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-17 00:45:10 Crowley rolls 6 to GNO 2 + Fate 2 + 2 HS (10 Again) 5, 3, 2, 2, 10, 7, 5 1 success

Crowley to cast Sybil's Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-17 00:44:50 Crowley rolls 6 to GNO 2 + Fate 2 + 2 HS (10 Again) 8, 8, 4, 7, 3, 10, 6 3 successes

Emrys

PRE

Emrys fiddled with his phone, watching the passers by. When he saw the man in black draped in spellwork coming towards him, a sigh escaped him. Apparently, things did not get any better since the previous night.

"You okay?" He called out as he tucked his phone away. The Enchanter's eyes scanned the man, wondering if there was anything he could do to help. "We coulda waited if you wanted."

At least Emrys was nice about the current situation. The unprofessionalism of the Herald showing up to meet the new guy hungover? Totally noted but never being spoken.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Ah! The voice!" Blinking, Crowley shambled forward from the crowd. He leaned against the wall of the building; at least, he thought it was leaning. "Hows about some coffee. We can talk shop some... If that don't suit'cha we can go for a drive? Less ears. More chance to talk." Towards the end, the Herald felt his tongue thickening up again. So he grinned - a big one worthy of the man in the moon.

God! He wished it were night again so he could sleep off the pounding that menaced his mind.

Emrys

PRE

The voice watched the Herald with his mouth slightly open. He was at a total loss for words. The only thing he knew for certain is that Crowley sure as fuck wasn't driving him in his current state.

"Emrys, and how about we walk and talk?" Emrys smiled nervously to Crowley, gesturing down the side walk to get the Herald moving. "Coffee sounds like a decent idea, but I'm not sure you should be driving. Anywhere."

Despite the mess in front of him, this first impression left Emrys with a clear message. Crowley? He needed to get some Life.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Trust in fate, my man!" The grin flashed and turned into a wince as Crowley rubbed at his temple. "Oooooh coffee! Yeah! But I guess walking and talking is fine... sorry the sidewalk is a little off kilter today... uhm. Crowley. Trumpet Man." Carefully, the Herald extended his hand. "I'm kind of a messenger guy, keeping everyone in contact."

Emrys

PRE

Emrys watched the hand carefully, weighing options.

"Cool! Nice to meet you!" The Enchanter said as he grabbed the Herald's hand, shaking it rigorously with a smug little smile. Finally he started to walk, and he turned to Crowley as he did so. "So your the voice huh? Are there others? And who are the strong arms? Are there any other names I should know?"

The barrage of questions, while all legitimate, came out a bit faster then a hungover person might like. Emrys might be fucking with Crowley just a little.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley lumbered along.

"No. There is another Herald type... PR person. Her name is Zodiac." He ran a hand through his rank hair, squinting as he stared across the street. "Charter is going through some change right now, but we got the sentinels more or less fixed. If you wanted to connect with them, keep an ear out for... JonoKuchi. And Asp. And the big guy... Animus. The Boss is a guy called Aquinas."

To his credit, Crowley rolled with the barrage of questions. He simply lapsed into silence, pulling a grumpy face as he forced his mind to tick over.

"There is more stuff but before we get to that, we need to talk about you for a minute. You know... whats your life Path and your politics. That... stuff. You know. Then I can point you in the right direction. No point turning up to the wrong party and feeling out of place... uhhh..."

He made a face. Too much talking.

Emrys

PRE

"The Enchanting one." Emrys responds simply. "Maybe we should avoid dropping titles on the street at lunch time though? Seems a bit reckless even for us."

"I've also already set an appointment for Ermac." The Enchanter continued. "I was going to have him fill me in on the voters."

Emrys took a few more steps silently debating how to word his next question. "So, here's something. How would one go about getting involved around here? I got a bit of Time on my hands, and if need be I can offer some Space as well. Still pretty new, but I was wondering if you in your particular office would know a place I could apply those talents."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Thats good. I like the way you put that..." Crowley mumbled, finger wagging, as he ambled alongside Emrys.

Pausing, he collected himself. "Well... Good question. Ah Er... Lets just say the last few years have been really messy here. An aspect of that was people not... talking... I guess. I am trying to fix that but the word is slow to get out, like." He raked a hand through his thatch of hair. "Theres stuff going on all the time; right now though, not so much if you are looking for a way in. Um... What I can do is pass your name along the line and see if anyone needs a hand. Or... we have monthly get togethers now. Rock up and see who's doing what."

He made to move off but stopped himself as a sudden flash of insight seeped into his brain. "Say... You into Ghost Busters? Well, you asked. And I know a friend of mine is trying to set up a themed party... Ah - looking for help with a Ghost Buster themed party, I should say. Its turning into a bit of an effort. I could give you her number if you feel up to it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread