Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Adjustments (Private)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin let her speak, remaining silent as she worked it out in her head. He clarified what he meant. "I am suggesting we switch our positions. I think being Whip and uniting our topside Family with the Necropolis Haunts into a united front in that role is a good plan - and between that and working hard on your Notary skills, you would still have time to allow you to recover."

No bullshit. He wasn't suggesting a swap of short-term duration.

"While you do that, as Priscus, I can handle the administration and representation to the Domain - and ultimately, see to it that the newest members of the Clan are working toward the Blood's best interests... and toward the interests of the First Estate while you take on that project." He smiled. She had to know exactly what he meant. A Lord and a Lady? The First Estate was their priority.

"It's not unheard of to switch spots. A Whip is not the second-in-command to the Priscus. A Whip serves a different function, and if you are taking on Whipdom with your goal being to unite the topside and Necropolis Nosferatu, then that isn't a step back at all in our Family. That's laudable and important."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I'll consider this plan of action." Jennifer stated finally after several minutes of silence. There was a lot of sense and yet Jennifer was not entirely convinced that this was the best course of action.
    "We need to ensure that every thing has been thoroughly thought through before we commit to anything of such magnitude. I am not convinced that I should need to relinquish the position at this time. I appreciate that you have thought this through and have found a solution that would allow me to recover. Yet I've never experienced Torpor. "

Jennifer stated calmly. "I feel that we've arrived at the the plan that we will follow in the event that I am incapacitated. Now that you have made me aware of my lapse of attention, I have seen that the Family will be served in the event that I am unable to. I've realized how important the Family is to me. I took the position when there was a leadership gap and I feel that I have represented the Nosferatu well as Priscus. While we've identified areas that we still need to attend to - especially that we are available to and represent the Nosferatu of the Necropolis- I do not feel that I have become incapacitated as Priscus. While serving as Priscus and Lady Notary may be taxing - many of us are under the same amount of pressure. How can I slide away from responsibility?"

Jennifer stood from her straight backed chair, running her left hand along the trail of her shawl. It was a comfort to remind herself that her hideous dis-figuration was covered from sight.
    She turned her head to look into Lord Baldwin's eyes, awaiting his opinion.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

3. Likes West liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

"There is the point I'm seeking to make, Lady Hazelton."

Peter nodded along with it, a smile crossing his face that couldn't help but be twisted into a grim rictus by the Menace's cruelty.

"Being a Whip is not sliding away from responsibility. It is a position requiring dedication and drive to do well. And by what you just told me, the mission you just suggested to unite the Clan above and below ground? That's important. It's something that is a worthy endeavour for a Whip with political talents and your kind of experience in the city." His finger came down as he said it and pointed at her for just a moment. "You know Lord Culler. It sounds to me like this is taking on more responsibility for the Family, not less, and uniting the Clan means that it can better serve."

Different perspectives. Whips were not seconds to the Priscus. They were different, and both were important.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Bump Seryna

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"That is true."

Jennifer stated slowly. For a minute there is a long silence. Her mind turns over all of the possibilities and all of the negative ramifications. In the end, it turned over to trust. If any one else suggested that she handed over her Priscusdom, she would try to turn the ends of their hair white. Yet this was Lord Baldwin. Trust between two Kindred was elusive, but it was there with Lord Baldwin.

"You have made your points, Lord Baldwin. "

Jennifer stared at him for a moment. There was a moment where Jennifer considered saying fuck logic, I took the damn position when no one else wanted it, so fuck logic. I'm the Priscus and shove off. I can do EVERYTHING myself.

That was insane, of course. She had come face to face with the darkness of Torpor and she could not be in three places at once. If Lord Baldwin could serve the Nosferatu best, than that was what would happen. Had not Priscus Grigoriev advised her nearly a year ago not to overextend herself? If reflected poorly on her family.

"May I be the first to congratulate you, Priscus Baldwin."

"There is something I would like to do," Jennifer stated. " - after this next Court. We should have a Family meeting and get to know every one whose in town better and what they can do. We should invite our Necropolis Family."

Jennifer touched her aster and baby's breath bouquet.

"I'll be meeting with Daniella and Mr. Jaun Cordoba to try and focus on my promises to the Invictus and I will meet with our Family to try and learn what we're capable of. I think we should meet with Daniella and go over everything with her... as soon as possible. I imagine that you have quite a lot on your plate now, but lets do that as soon as we can." Jennifer smiled.

"You didn't have to do this." She stated more quietly, her voice barely audible. "We could have had the Mekhet rotating cake walk fiasco... before Daniella sorted it. I admire Daniella and never would say a criticism of her without her present, but I never liked that rotating idea. You could have challenged me directly and caused me to lose face. Thank you for approaching me like a man of honor. You rescued me from my fiasco with Chef, you covered for me while I recovered... " Jennifer met his eyes.

" - you should know that I am grateful. I hope that you know that. Please know that you can rely on me if any ideas about how I could help our Family or the First Estate - or our coterie - occur to you."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

P
    Peter Baldwin

So she understood. Good. It was always such a pleasure to work with Hazelton - she just got it, and appreciated what he was about. At her congratulations, he gave her a bowing of his head. The shadows the movement cast about his face from the light only made him appear more corpse-like, more threatening. "Thank you, Lady Whip."

As she laid out what her plan was, the Knight remained still, contemplative. "Yes. Let's grab her for a meeting shortly. We're due to discuss our living arrangements in the near future anyway." The Prince's edict regarding Tenancy had made that easier. "And I agree that a Clan meeting imminently would be a good idea. Our new arrangement will need to be shared with the Blood."

As she quieted, he leaned forward a little, as if to make hearing her easier.

"You are very welcome, Lady Hazelton. Anytime. Rotating Prisci, challenges... no, this is far better. A discussion and arrangement between friends. We are Unconquered and I am Thorned Wreath; but on top of what all of that means, we are friends, yes?" At least insofar as Kindred could be.

He smiled, resting his hands on the armrests again. Yes, this had gone well.

P
    Peter Baldwin

doublepost!!

C
    Cross

Shall we close it down?

C
    Cross

And so it was that the Eternal Jogger and the Diplomatic Haunt enjoyed one another's company until such a time as they were ready to depart.

Not in that way.

Pervs.

Scene closed, 48 hours.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.