Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 84
DISPLAYED
Children Will Listen (Open)

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

PRE

"Why, thank you for the delightful picture," Derek tells Alicia. "I am going to go downstairs again, but Alicia, if you will let me know when you are both ready for bed, I'll be glad to come up and read you both a bedtime story."

Derek studies the picture carefully. He had an idea what this meant, and this complicated matters further.

Betony Rue stirred restlessly. This was taking too long. The children were in her care, and she couldn't stand another minute of inactivity.

She met Derek on the stairs. I will check on the children, and then we will talk, she said flatly. If he had undermined her efforts at providing a secure and stable environment for the young kidnap victims, she would gut him- slowly, horribly. The voice of the Hag rang dimly in her head- "I'll have your guts for garters, worthless girl!"

She continued upstairs, checking the children briskly and thoroughly for any physical or mental problem. Minimally satisfied, she tucked them in and turned off the light.

Oh no! said Alicia. Mr. Derek said he'd read a bedtime story!

You'll rest your eyes in the dark until he returns, then, she replied. Really, what was wrong with the man's brain? Getting them all overexcited at a time when they should be winding down from the day's activities. She descended the steps with a grim look on her face.

PRE

When Betony Rue returns, Derek says to Grr and her, "Things just got more complicated. Based on what Alicia drew, I think she is able to see past our Mask. I don't know if this is just because of her age and the trauma she experienced, or if she was changed by her time in the Hedge, but if it's the latter, returning the kids home may be problematic."

Betony hissed, I don't know what is causing you problems, but if you won't help these children, I will.

She gets out a cell phone and starts to dial.

End scene.

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread