Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Children Will Listen (Open)

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

PRE

Derek says "Sure, I can do that. I think it'll probably be best if we don't all go there together, though. He'll feel ganged-up on."

Betony Rue steered Grrface almost forcibly into the front sitting room, and sat on a faded sofa, motioning to him to sit as well. She took up her knitting needles and resumed work on what looked to be an enormous multi-colored afghan.

Don't feel compelled to make conversation on my account, she said gruffly.

PRE

Derek heads upstairs to talk with the kids.

Upstairs in the bedroom they share, the children are enjoying their gifts. Alicia is sitting on her bed, with the IPod earbuds firmly attached, listening to the Beatles music Derek had loaded onto the player, and drawing a picture.

Samuel is also on his bed, and is reading his way slowly through the SpiderMan comic. Some of the words are too hard for him, but he gets the general idea. Although he looks completely wrapped up in the adventure, he immediately notices when Derek enters the room and stops reading to give Derek a friendly smile.

PRE

Derek smiles at both children, then gestures to Sam's bed to ask if it's okay for him to sit.

Sam pats the bed. He is happy to have time with Derek. Makes a nice change from the Lady with the Claws.

Grrface sits down, holding back a sigh. He doesn't attempt conversation, whether he had planned on it or not before Betony spoke being a mystery. He twiddles his thumbs, waiting for Derek to come down.

PRE

Derek, continuing to smile, looks over Sam's shoulder at the comic. "I've always liked Spider-Man," he says. "He's got cool powers and he's funny. Plus he's got a good perspective on things. He's all about being responsible, and trying to do the right thing, even if it doesn't benefit him."

Betony Rue looked up at Kosov after a moment or two. His very patience seemed to irritate her. Well, you might as well make yourself useful, she said grimly, laying aside her knitting and handing the big bear of a man a skein of pink, fluffy knitting wool. You hold it in your hands like this, while I wrap it up in a ball. Gets less tangled if it's rolled up in a ball, she added, by way of explanation.

Sam nodded at Derek. Sammy always tried to do the right thing.

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread