Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Children Will Listen (Open)

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Grrface bends down to pick it up. At first he smiles, glad to see that Sam is well enough to be writing like this. The smile quickly fades however as he reads the words on the page.

It looked like they had their summoner right here amongst them.

He clears his throat loudly, looking to his allies "Derek, Betony. A word upstairs? Now, please?"

It was important that they not alarm the children, but what he held in his hands was very serious indeed.

PRE

Derek glances at the paper. He keeps himself calm and crouches down to kid level to talk to Sam and Alicia's near face level.

"You two need to not run around and chase each other. Someone could have gotten hurt." He whispers loudly enough to hear, "If you two stop that, I'll bring some more candy next time I drop by."

Betony Rue would be the first to point out that it's quite likely that the presence of the candy from THIS visit is what caused the children to be running around in the first place, but the eyes of both children light up, and Aliicia starts to go back upstairs to play with her new acquisitions.

Sam wants to look at his SpiderMan comic, and he smiles shyly at Derek and gives him a quick hug of thanks before joining Alicia.

PRE

Derek gestures for Grr and Betony Rue to follow him to some place where the kids won't overhear, and after looking to make sure they aren't eavesdropping, he says "Alright, we've got something here. We need to figure out how to deal with it."

Betony Rue hissed, Samuel was not the last child taken, he cannot possibly be responsible for all the abductions. She wanted to spear her claws into Derek's midsection, tear out his intestines and hang them around her bed like festive garlands.

"Maybe Sam can call the bad man again?" Grrface suggests "We'll be waiting, this time, of course."

"The only difficulty I see could be convincing Sam that it might be the right thing to do"

Oh, by all means, let's call the bag man to carry one of us away! crooned Betony Rue in her hag's voice, examining the paper and glaring at Kosov. If I read this correctly, not giving the creature a name results in the caller being ...removed.

And we have to assume it is powerful enough to kill. Since it has, time and time and time again. We need to question the Kincaid child further. She folded her arms over her bony chest and winced.

"I'm not scared of the Bag-Man. He will leave the Hedge looking for children and instead he'll find me, and I'll show him what I really think of him."

Anger creeps into his voice as he speaks. Not directed at Betony Rue, of course, but obvious rage nonetheless.

He tamps it down, and replies further "I'm only worried that interrogating the kid will make his current condition worse. We can't force more stress on him than we have to, is all. We're supposed to be helping."

PRE

"I'm worried about that too, but we need to know what happened, and how he came to summon the thing," Derek says. "And if we do it the right way, I think we can do it without traumatizing him further... maybe even build him up a little."

"I'm not scared of the Bag-Man. He will leave the Hedge looking for children and instead he'll find me, and I'll show him what I really think of him."
    Betony Rue spat at Kosov, Boastful cretin! You should be scared. The Bag Man will kill you. It has killed before, and if summoned, will kill again.

She turned to Derek with a wince. I believe that you may be able to help the Kincaid child tell what he knows. She doesn't add that Sam hadn't even had the opportunity to tell them anything under her own regime of care.

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread