Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Children Will Listen (Open)

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Betony Rue stood "Mr. Koskov," she said in curt greeting.

Mr Grrr! shouted Alicia happily. She and Sam both went up to the big man for a hug.

After enthusiastic greetings, Alicia said, Guess what? Miss Jasons is going to make me a teddy bear!

Grrface sets the grocery bag down before wrapping the children up in a big hug, laughing. "Hey you two!"

So energetic
    It warmed his heart to see the children doing so well. It's a soft kind of warmth, akin and yet alien to the comforting firestorm of rage that he often felt.

He releases them, looking at Alicia as she speaks to him. His eyes widen in indulgent excitement when the girl tells him of the teddy bear. "Oh, really? Wow!"

He looks up and smiles at Betony Rue. The cold-seeming Ogre was going to make a toy for the children, and he liked to think that it would be a smiling, happy looking thing. Perhaps these children might do some good for the woman.

Looking down at Alicia he says to her "I bet it'll be one of the best teddy bears ever."

Once the children have calmed a bit he says to Betony Rue "Hi, Betony. I picked up a few groceries on the way over here." he gestures to the bag. "How've you been?"

"I've been well."
    "Thank you, Mr. Koskov, for the groceries," gratitude sounded very similar to disapproval coming from the Jasons woman.
    She addressed the children "We're down stairs, it is time for lunch. Set another place for Mr. Koskov."
    Having given her instruction she returned to speaking with Mr. Koskov as she followed after the children "Have you spoken with Al-Adin?" She winced.

Race you! First one down wins! said Alicia. Both Samuel and Alicia scrambled down the stairs, sounding more like a herd of elephants than 2 elementary schooll children.

"That's on my list." he says with a small smile, knowing that he's likely to be chided for having not done it yet.

"I wanted to get those groceries and come here after work, and I was thinking I'd call him from here. Maybe he can come to meet us."

He takes a cellphone from his pocket, meanwhile asking "Do you know what Derek's up to?"

There were several long seconds of uncomfortable eye contact.
    "No," she said starting down the stairs.
    "You should have spoken with him at the Festival. I was unaware Al-Adin had a phone."

PRE

Derek arrives at the boarding house, bearing gifts. He's dressed in an autumn-be-damned manner, with light slacks, a robin's egg blue shirt and a tie decorated with bright blues and greens.

He notices Grrface's vehicle is already there. "Good," he thinks. "Now if we can get hold of Al-Adin, we can get this business moving forward."
    Entering, he listens to see if he can hear anyone, then announces his presence. "Betony Rue? It's Derek. I brought a few things by for the kids."

Samuel's ears perked up at the mention of the word "kids". He tagged Alicia, and ran for the doorway. He liked Derek's colorful clothes, and smiled up at the teacher.

PRE

Derek is glad to see Samuel, and returns the boy's smile. He crouches down so as to be at Samuel's level. "I have a couple of things for you and Alicia," he says. Reaching in his bag, he first pulls out two Snickers bars. "This one's for you," he says.

He also pulls out an assortment of books appropriate for Samuel and Alicia's ages, having purchased them after talking with a colleague that taught elementary school, plus several comic books - Batman, Superman and Spider-Man ones - and two iPods. Samuel's is loaded with Beatles songs, including all the ones Derek sung after the kids were brought here. Alicia's has some of those as well, plus an assortment of songs currently popular with girls, as identified by the same teacher that suggested the books.

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread