Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Cracks in the Calm

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jonokuchi

PRE

Time never stood still, although this could be a principle of the Lie. As Jonokuchi sat by the pool, attempting to meditate with his staff laying next to him, he was trying to understand the flow of Time around him, forgoing completely his usual raiment of Space.

Today, Time seemed to attach itself to the Mastigos like a perfectly fitting kimono.

A small smirk touched his face.

All he needed now was to perfect his meditation technique. Something seemed to distract his mind and he gave a sigh.

The Archangels were fragmenting. Yes. That was it.

Stuff
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-15 08:59:12 Jonokuchi rolls 5 to Meditate (10 Again) 6, 9, 1, 1, 4 1 success
    2014-11-15 08:56:25 Jonokuchi rolls 8 to Time + Gnosis + HS (Temporal Dodge) (10 Again) 8, 1, 9, 10, 5, 10, 4, 10, 1, 6, 4 5 successes
    2014-11-15 08:55:12 Jonokuchi rolls 8 to Gnosis + Time + HS (Temporal Eddies) (10 Again) 8, 4, 7, 9, 3, 9, 10, 10, 1, 1 5 successes

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker walked into the kitchen wearing the grey sweats she slept in. She cast a quick glanced at the clock on the microwave. She didn't even want to think about how late she had slept in, as the only thing on her mind was some cereal and milk. Without the college routine and with how shitty things had been lately, over sleeping was her coping.

After two cabinents, a drawer, and a fridge, she was ready for her late breakfast. It was almost as the milk hit the cereal that she noticed her friend outside. It didn't take much for her to recognize Jonokuchi was meditating. It was a pretty typical thing for anyone at the Sanctum to do. Weavebreaker perched ontop of the stool, as she watched him for a moment. She drew in a deep breath, letting out a even deeper sigh before she glanced back down to the cereal.

Weavebreaker stirred the spoon, churning the cereal. She felt ashamed...
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

T

Striker approached the great room from his own secluded living quarters and saw the massive sumo sitting by the pool. He seemed quiet, but then again he was always quiet. He sat down near Jonokuchi and dangled his bare feet in the water of the pool.

"How ya doin' mate?" He asked quietly.

"My backside has gone numb."

It was said deadpan, monotone and as directly true a statement as could be made. The Mastigos was very uncomfortable and it showed on his face.

"This is why sumo do not meditate," he said with a sigh. "Could you help me up?"

T

Striker's face split into a grin as the sumo admitted his numbness. Jonokuchi's honesty struck a chord with the Australian.

"Let me help you out as well mate." he said with a brief nod.
    He nimbly bounced to his feet and stuck his hand out to help his cabal mate up and chanted to help the spell he intended take hold.

2 suxx Body Control on Jonokuchi is he accepts
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-19 16:30:44 Striker rolls 6 to Body Control (Gno+Lif+HS) (10 Again) 7, 1, 1, 1, 8, 8 2 successes

Jonokuchi

PRE

"Thank you, Striker-kun," the sumo replied, accepting the help by taking the Shaman's hand. Standing in a cumbersome fashion, Jonokuchi leans initially on Striker before taking the weight on his staff.

He looks down on his fellow Archangel. He gives a nod.

"Meditation is simply not for me. I will continue to focus through my sweeping instead. Much more effective."

T

"Meditation ay?" Striker replies, looking thoughtful for a Thyrsus. "Yeah I never got into that either. I like to walk though." he said nodding, as though that explained everything.

"So we should really talk about where this cabal's goin' ay." he said motioning to the great room with his head, a silent question of 'should they move?'

As the Australian started walking in that direction he continued. "I know Leo brought us together ay but we haven't seen him for a while so I think we've gotta figure out how to work without him." He said not really liking what he was saying, but knowing that the discussion needed to be had.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi looked down towards Striker, understanding him perfectly. The words went through his mind as he tried to put them into the correct order.

"I fear...we have become a joke among the Consilium," he stated, not holding back and speaking openly, plainly. "I want this to work more than anything, Striker-kun. With Leo missing, the one person that brought us together has left us...weak. I cannot abide weakness."

A sigh. His tone lowered to one who was at his wit's end.

"We came together as a way to assist the Consilium. To investigate and, if necessary, fight to protect it. At the last gathering, I openly recruited. No-one spoke up. What does that tell you?"

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker's eyes glanced up from the bowel of cereal. She slowly stirred the milk and what little remained as she took note that Striker had joined Jonokuchi. She bit her bottom lip for a fleeting moment, before letting out a sigh and let the spoon slip from her grasp to rest against the rim of the bowl. She pushed off the bar and rose to her feet as she made her way over to the sliding glass door.

With a little bit of her body weight thrown behind it, she slid the door open and stepped outside. The cold stone upon her bare feet carried her towards the two as she gave them a soft nod of her head when she caught there attention. She wrapped her arms around herself, as it was still a bit chilly in sweats, but her mind was one something else...

"My name is Anastasia." Her words, like the smile that trailed after, seemed out of the blue. She had thought it would have felt stranger to say, but instead it felt liberating.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

10. Likes Cayce, West, Forn Clakes liked this post
    T

"Right." Striker replies at Jonokuchi's mention of weakness. What good was it being a weak cabal?

He nodded as he continued. He was more for fighting than investigating, obviously but both premises had appealed to him when he joined.

He smiled at Weavebreaker as she came over to join them.

"Look I don't care too much what people think of us, as long as we're doin' what we need to." Striker replied to Jono. "But... We've just been sitting on our asses. And I mean how're we s'pposed to protect the consillium when we don't even know where one of our own is?" He asked rhetorically.

He wondered at what Weave... Anastasia told them. Is that her true name? Why would she tell us that? Is this some sort of trust thing? Do I trust them?

He looked between Jonokuchi and Anastasia, trying to catch their eyes. There was no decision just gut feel and he answered his own questions with his reply.

"Frank." he said simply. A pause followed by a brief look of concern "But still call me Striker ay."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread